Game Thread 124:Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread 124:Yankees at Red Sox

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not trying to start another controversy, but I have to think that Iglesias makes the plays that Drew comes close to making.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Come on dg...Iggy is a Tiger... deal with it.... with had two great starts from Peavy..why not focus on that?

[/QUOTE]

The shortstop plays every day. I would not quite call last night a great start.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Pathetic start, eh? Two more runs and the game is over.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

told you I had a bad feeling about this .... Dubront just doesnt have it tonite.... and 3 runs with the way the sox are playing may just do it for the yanks...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not trying to start another controversy, but I have to think that Iglesias makes the plays that Drew comes close to making.

Stabbed by Foulke.

Hard to put a number on it , but there seems to be at least one every night.

ditto

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Who's afraid of Virginia Wolff?... Not me, just a afraid of a weekend broom...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

Who's afraid of Virginia Wolff?... Not me, just a afraid of a weekend broom...

[/QUOTE]

If that happens (we get swept) we will go into free fall, just like so many other years. I have seen this movie before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

We need to take at least two of these games. If we fail to win this series I would reduce our chances of making the playoffs to about 50-50. I can see this team going into a tailspin, just like they have so many times in the past.

<yawn>

Are you still yawning ??? I agree with Pumpsie about this series being critical.  I have no more confidence in any of our pitchers over one or the other, Lackey, Dempster, Peavy, Lester are all around 4 + era and I felt Doubrount at 3.66 era was our best & look what has happened so far.  Our offense is stagnant, for scoring runs at least as I don't give a darn we got 11 hits last night for 1 miserable run. Soriano has been hot as a pistol & drove in the first run. I mean the Yankees are lucky too as they just signed Reynolds who was released by the Indians hitting .188 the last month or so and with an ave of .215 he hits a HR---discouraging.

Lucky Arod is playing & hit into a DP. Who is going to pick us up offensively...Napoli ? Hopefully, Bucholtz will be our Messiah.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Brutal...This team is in a funk in all phases of the game.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Drew???

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

The last one out please lock the door....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

It is absolutely incredible that mediocre pitchers with eras between 4 and 5 whom we should bash for 6-7 runs and, someone said it too, Andy has been mediocre too the past month or so but  their games pick up against us as they pitch like Cy Young winners.

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes here my fellow posters but ain't it obvious our hitting is a mediocre as our pitching .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This team is starting to disgust me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

We need to take at least two of these games. If we fail to win this series I would reduce our chances of making the playoffs to about 50-50. I can see this team going into a tailspin, just like they have so many times in the past.

<yawn>

Are you still yawning ??? I agree with Pumpsie about this series being critical.  I have no more confidence in any of our pitchers over one or the other, Lackey, Dempster, Peavy, Lester are all around 4 + era and I felt Doubrount at 3.66 era was our best & look what has happened so far.  Our offense is stagnant, for scoring runs at least as I don't give a darn we got 11 hits last night for 1 miserable run. Soriano has been hot as a pistol & drove in the first run. I mean the Yankees are lucky too as they just signed Reynolds who was released by the Indians hitting .188 the last month or so and with an ave of .215 he hits a HR---discouraging.

Lucky Arod is playing & hit into a DP. Who is going to pick us up offensively...Napoli ? Hopefully, Bucholtz will be our Messiah.

FourB's cannot accept reality sometimes. I just ignore his nonsense. This team has begun its annual freefall. By the end of it we will likely finish in fourth place.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Getting nervous that this season is starting to slipslide away. We lost 3 of 4 to Kansas City and 2 of 3 to Toronto. This team cannot hit, you can see it, Napoli is reverting to what he was last year a 220 hitter, Ortiz is slumping but who expected him to put up the numbers he did in the first half. I love Dustin Pedroia but there is no way that he is a 100 million dollar ballplayer. He has not been the same since they gave him that money. Saltalamachia is not even close to his homerun totals last year and Napoli and him strikeout at a rediculous rate. This team needed a bat badly and did not get one. What irks me is that the Yankees were able to get Soriano for very little and how come we could not get him.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox are playing incredibly bad baseball in every phase of the game. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

<yawn>

FourB's cannot accept reality sometimes. This team has begun its annual freefall. By the end of it we will likely finish in fourth place.

[/QUOTE]

Its not the pitching, its the hitting, this team cannot beat lefthanders or even punch their way out of a wet paper bag.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Getting nervous that this season is starting to slipslide away. We lost 3 of 4 to Kansas City and 2 of 3 to Toronto. This team cannot hit, you can see it, Napoli is reverting to what he was last year a 220 hitter, Ortiz is lumping but who expected him to put up the numbers he did in the first half. I love Dustin Pedroia but there is no way that he is a 100 million dollar ballplayer. He has not been the same since they gave him that money. Saltalamachia is not even close to his homerun totals last year and Napoli and him strikeout at a rediculous rate. This team needed a bat badly and did not get one. What irks me is that the Yankees were able to get Soriano for very little and how come we could not get him.

It really irks me too that Ben didnt get a bat before the deadline...everyone on earth was saying the Sox needed it but he stands pat waiting for what?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

<yawn>

FourB's cannot accept reality sometimes. This team has begun its annual freefall. By the end of it we will likely finish in fourth place.

[/QUOTE]

FourB's a bore.

[/QUOTE]

Bores Yawn !!!