Game Thread 124:Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Game Thread 124:Yankees at Red Sox

Game over folks. Enjoy your evening. I'm going to walk the dog and have pizza with family. Petite has been awful but tonight? And Doubront, horrible.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Game over folks. Enjoy the evening. Petite has been one of the worst starters in baseball the last month. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Pettit is terrible this year but he is lefthanded and will give this team fits. I remember when opposing teams were fearful to pitch a lefthander at Fenway, not anymore. I feltin the off season that they needed a hitter not Napoli and I was wrong for a while. Napoli is not a good right handed bat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

[QUOTE]

Getting nervous that this season is starting to slipslide away. We lost 3 of 4 to Kansas City and 2 of 3 to Toronto. This team cannot hit, you can see it, Napoli is reverting to what he was last year a 220 hitter, Ortiz is lumping but who expected him to put up the numbers he did in the first half. I love Dustin Pedroia but there is no way that he is a 100 million dollar ballplayer. He has not been the same since they gave him that money. Saltalamachia is not even close to his homerun totals last year and Napoli and him strikeout at a rediculous rate. This team needed a bat badly and did not get one. What irks me is that the Yankees were able to get Soriano for very little and how come we could not get him.

It really irks me too that Ben didnt get a bat before the deadline...everyone on earth was saying the Sox needed it but he stands pat waiting for what?

[/QUOTE]

That is the difference. Cashman goes out and gets what the Yankees need , while giving up next to nothing. Ben missed the boat on Soriano. Now it's Reynolds. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Getting nervous that this season is starting to slipslide away. We lost 3 of 4 to Kansas City and 2 of 3 to Toronto. This team cannot hit, you can see it, Napoli is reverting to what he was last year a 220 hitter, Ortiz is lumping but who expected him to put up the numbers he did in the first half. I love Dustin Pedroia but there is no way that he is a 100 million dollar ballplayer. He has not been the same since they gave him that money. Saltalamachia is not even close to his homerun totals last year and Napoli and him strikeout at a rediculous rate. This team needed a bat badly and did not get one. What irks me is that the Yankees were able to get Soriano for very little and how come we could not get him.

It really irks me too that Ben didnt get a bat before the deadline...everyone on earth was saying the Sox needed it but he stands pat waiting for what?

[/QUOTE]

Who was he going to get? I still don't like Reynolds or Soriano; they will cool down. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

At least we broke up the no hitter. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Do the red sox get additional revenue for helping to showcase all these Cy Young candidates?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

This is just not a good team.  As a matter of fact, right now it is one of the worst teams in the league.  The only positive we have had is decent to good pitching, tonight not withstanding.  This team's offense is in a word offensive.  Costas said that Soriano now has 18 RBI in the last four games, or almost twice as many as the Red Sox team in their last four.  He also talked Pettite's struggles in his last five games.  Nothing cures a pitcher's struggle more than an inept lineup.

Great chance first place is gone by the middle of next week.  This is sad.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is not surprising. The Yankee offense is much improved lately. We struggled with last place teams Houston and Toronto. Lost 3 of 4 to K.C.  The Yankees are gaining momentum.

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Dubront must be happy that he'll get to stay in tonight. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This is not surprising. The Yankee offense is much improved lately. We struggled with last place teams Houston and Toronto. Lost 3 of 4 to K.C.  The Yankees are gaining momentum.

Stabbed by Foulke.

We will likely be swept this series. At least we will lose two games and we are now officially in free fall. Watch and weep folks. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidosul. Show Davidosul's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who was he going to get? I still don't like Reynolds or Soriano; they will cool down. 

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

We will likely be swept this series. At least we will lose two games and we are now officially in free fall. Watch and weep folks. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we have a great clubhouse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidosul. Show Davidosul's posts

Season is about to be over

after this weekend the Red Sox will start their move to 4th place

stop watching 

stop going to the games

send a message to these owners

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just terrible baseball. What is going on with this team ? How do you get picked off while six runs down ? Was Gomes thinking of stealing second ?  This is brutal.

Stabbed by Foulke.