wasted opportunity

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread 126:Yankees at Red Sox

Golden sombrero for Ellsbury. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Anybody wondering if maybe Jack Clark is right about the velocity of some pitchers is down cause they are off of PEDs. Sabathia and Verlander have had seroius velocity drops this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I guess he's going to keep me waiting for an answer????

JFC!  When is he going to step up!

Yes!  He's having a very good second half, but if he's worth 18M/yr., I want to start seeing a big time, big game LEADER! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Yes!  He's having a very good second half, but if he's worth 18M/yr., I want to start seeing a big time, big game LEADER! 

Who is going to hit for this team if Ellsbury leaves. There will be no hitting at all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

What dempster did was worse than beer and chicken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This has become a very disgusting team to watch. Not nearly talented enough. Losers.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

To have a 6-3 lead and let them score 5 unanswered runs is a disgrace. Dumpster so glad you feel good about making your point, and worse of all you give up a homerun to the clown. Looks like Del Larosa needs more seasoning in Triple AAA

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who is going to hit for this team if Ellsbury leaves. There will be no hitting at all.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Ells fan, but he simply has to start stepping up in big situations.

The big question is.....  Is he worth 18M/yr.  5 - 6 years?  Because that is close to what it will take to sign him.??????

I love the guy, but I can't remember too many big time walk off, or come from behind hits for him???  He simply doesn't come up clutch too often, late in the game.

Still...   I would love to keep the guy!  I just don't see it happening at the cost it's going to take???

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

This has become a very disgusting team to watch. Not nearly talented enough. Losers.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

Then why are you watching?

Lighten up!  They have been over-performing all season long.  We ALL knew that.   This was bound to come, & here it is.  It's brutal to watch, but why are you so .......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Saltlamachia does not even throw to third on that what a joke of a catcher and DeLarosa is not showing me too much.  Hey Farrell News Flash, Dela Rosa is not ready for the big leagues. As a matter of fact him and Webster both stink. As a matter of fact go back to Toronto.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow, no way ellsbury gets a big money contract lol. another k in a big situation, we needed that run. middlbrooks needs to be moved up in the order. I would hit him in the 5 or 6 spot. no way should he be hitting last. farell and dempster cost us the game tonight. the offense has struggled to cash in runs ( suprise surprise) but the pitching has been much worse. farell left dempster in too long, after he gave up the homer to a-rod he should have been pulled. farell unfortunately hurt our chances before the game even started with yet another head scratcher of a line up. middlebrooks should not have been hitting 9th with a lefty on the mound. Drew is hitting .198 off lefties this year and is batting .245 on the season, yet he was hitting ahead of middlebrooks and drews k with bases loaded was a huge missed opportunity. this is common sense stuff, any competent major league manager should be able to see these things. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This guy DeLaRosa is good too. Ben really rooked the Dodgers on that trade.  The Dodgers sure are gullible. 

Stabbed by Foulke

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from inovermyhead. Show inovermyhead's posts

This game turned into a joke.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from inovermyhead. Show inovermyhead's posts

And to think, Lester tomorrow.  Can't wait.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This guy DeLaRosa is good too. Ben really rooked the Dodgers on that trade.  The Dodgers sure are gullible. 

Stabbed by Foulke

All that was was a salary dump by Luchinno. The guys we got back were throw ins.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

how does jayson nix steal 3rd in a 2 run game in the top of the 9th without a throw? and why in the f did farrell bring de la rosa in in a 2 run game? should have been koji. we are just throwing this game away. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

wow, no way ellsbury gets a big money contract lol. another k in a big situation, we needed that run. middlbrooks needs to be moved up in the order. I would hit him in the 5 or 6 spot. no way should he be hitting last. farell and dempster cost us the game tonight. the offense has struggled to cash in runs ( suprise surprise) but the pitching has been much worse. farell left dempster in too long, after he gave up the homer to a-rod he should have been pulled. farell unfortunately hurt our chances before the game even started with yet another head scratcher of a line up. middlebrooks should not have been hitting 9th with a lefty on the mound. Drew is hitting .198 off lefties this year and is batting .245 on the season, yet he was hitting ahead of middlebrooks and drews k with bases loaded was a huge missed opportunity. this is common sense stuff, any competent major league manager should be able to see these things. 

Dempster facing even one batter is too long. He does not have the stuff to deal with the Yankees.  This game was never looking good. Iglesias is hitting.318, but he has just been lucky. Drew will go on a tear any day now.  At least , that is what I hear.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to albertct23's comment:

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

[QUOTE]

All good points.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this team cannot hit. They have those games where they tack on 7 runs, then get shut out 2-0. They are a complete joke. They gave up 4 runs in the sixth inning with one out. Terrible managing to leave Dempster in to seal the deal for the Yankees with his luke warm fastball and garbage pitches. To think they are stuck with this clwn for another year for 12 million dollars.

Sections
Shortcuts