Game Thread 127: Red Sox at Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 127: Red Sox at Giants

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Pete Abraham         

If Ortiz plays 3-4 games at 1B on the trip, be interesting if Red Sox DH Bogaerts some in addition to spelling Drew.

They can't DH playing the Giants and Dodgers, which is why Ortiz is playing first

Note to Peter:

LOL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The paths of Jon Lester and Tim Lincecum crossed during their high school days in the Seattle area:

http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2012341484_stone13.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Alex Speier/WEEI      

Sources: Red Sox to call up RHP Brayan Villarreal, reliever in Peavy/Iglesias deal

option Rubby De La Rosa

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Pete Abraham         

If Ortiz plays 3-4 games at 1B on the trip, be interesting if Red Sox DH Bogaerts some in addition to spelling Drew.

Quite possibly the dumbest comment every by Pete A. Ortiz will only be playing 1B because there is no DH. Bogaerts can't DH until they get back home.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

ya cant say i would mind dempster getting suspended, he has been down right terrible and was a bad signing from the beginning. I would say if he does get suspended we call up anthony ranuado, the way he is a pitching he deserves a shot. heck DL dempster with a mystery injury. he is not helping this team in any way shape or form right now. 

Agreed, his is excellent!....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sox lineup:Ells CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Ortiz 1B, Salty C, Nava LF, Drew SS, Middlebrooks 3B. Lester

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Bogaerts not in the lineup tonight. Not sure why not. Drew has been slumping badly over his last 7 games and he has played in 25 straight games. Let the kid play. Isn't that why you brought him up?

Drew's specifics:

He offers the team a chance to give some kind of respite to shortstop Stephen Drew, who has started 25 straight games and who would benefit from a day off (in his last six games, he's 3-for-24 with a .125 average, .154 OBP and .208 slugging mark).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Bogaerts not in the lineup tonight. Not sure why not. Drew has been slumping badly over his last 7 games and he has played in 25 straight games. Let the kid play. Isn't that why you brought him up?

Drew's specifics:

He offers the team a chance to give some kind of respite to shortstop Stephen Drew, who has started 25 straight games and who would benefit from a day off (in his last six games, he's 3-for-24 with a .125 average, .154 OBP and .208 slugging mark).

I assume it is a L/R thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Buster Olney - ESPN, Senior Baseball Writer

If MLB suspends Dempster, it will have effectively overruled one of its best umpires, Brian O'Nora, who merely issued warnings.

GOOD!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

middlebrooks hitting 9th again, lets hit our hottest hitter last, makes sense. boegarts should be starting at ss as well. drew is 3 for his last 24. give him a few days off. farells inexperience as a manager continues show. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jenny Dell - NESN, Red Sox Beat Reporter

Bailey & Buchholz to 60-Day DL; Bogaerts up, Holt down; Ross activated, Lavarnway down; Brayan Villarreal up, Rubby De La Rosa down

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Pedroia should be moved down. Richie rich aint been moving the guy over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

[QUOTE]

ya cant say i would mind dempster getting suspended, he has been down right terrible and was a bad signing from the beginning. I would say if he does get suspended we call up anthony ranuado, the way he is a pitching he deserves a shot. heck DL dempster with a mystery injury. he is not helping this team in any way shape or form right now. 

[/QUOTE]

Dempster being suspended is no loss. But you can't call up someone to replace him. You have to play with 24 men. The only way to call up Ranaudo would be to send someone else down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

middlebrooks hitting 9th again, lets hit our hottest hitter last, makes sense. boegarts should be starting at ss as well. drew is 3 for his last 24. give him a few days off. farells inexperience as a manager continues show. 

Nonsense.  Drew hits righties much better than lefties.  Let Bogaerts play SS against lefties.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dempster being suspended is no loss. But you can't call up someone to replace him. You have to play with 24 men. The only way to call up Ranaudo would be to send someone else down.

[/QUOTE]

Protest until the September callup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Protest until the September callup.

[/QUOTE]

He could appeal.   But there is 12 days to go.  I don't think they would let him stall for that long.  We have a couple of off days soon. Maybe they could work it out with four starters.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Dan Shaughnessy          

Did Dempster put union views/A-Rod hatred ahead of winning last night?

I HOPE HENRY GETS RID OF THIS GUY

I agree. Somehow we have to get rid of this bum. His continued presence on the team can only hurt us, not just this year, but next year as well. Dump Dumpster...NOW!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I agree. Somehow we have to get rid of this bum. His continued presence on the team can only hurt us, not just this year, but next year as well. Dump Dumpster...NOW!

Dan Shaughnessy          

I meant Dan Shaughnessy, as the new owner of the Boston Globe.  

Dempster has pitched beyond expectations, in the ALE. His pitchng wasn't the problem last night, just two batters too long. T'hats not on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pete Abraham         

They can't DH playing the Giants and Dodgers, which is why Ortiz is playing first

Note to Peter:

LOL!

Now that's funny. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Dan Shaughnessy          

I meant Dan Shaughnessy, as the new owner of the Boston Globe.  

Dempster has pitched beyond expectations, in the ALE. His pitchng wasn't the problem last night, just two batters too long. T'hats not on him.

Depends on what your expectations are. Dumpster has an ERA approaching 5. That stinks. He should be jettisoned ASAP. We have no use for such a pitcher.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like Ellsbury has caught the K fever that has been going around the clubhouse.

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Ells and Pedey watching the game go by. Swing the bat.