Game Thread 127: Red Sox at Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 127: Red Sox at Giants

Wasted a double there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

David Carpenter, Atlanta pitcher.  3-0, 1.86 ERA, 57 k's in 48 inn.  Why can't Sox find relievers like him?  Sox got him from Jays in Farrell trade and released him a month later.  Nice move Ben.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Will Lester come through or spit the bit?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Nice start for Lester.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Need to get ahead early.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Need to cash in here.  Multiple run inning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That helps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Directtv, with the mlb pack here in Oregon, & I'm BLOCKED / BLACKED OUT on every astatine, including ESPN2

unbelievable!!!!!   Never had Espn blocked

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Directtv, with the mlb pack here in Oregon, & I'm BLOCKED / BLACKED OUT on every astatine, including ESPN2

You are in SF area as far as blackouts.  Ridiculous.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

3-0 Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Pete Abraham         

If Ortiz plays 3-4 games at 1B on the trip, be interesting if Red Sox DH Bogaerts some in addition to spelling Drew.

I wonder if Abraham meant going forward when they're back in the AL ... that, if Napoli continues to struggle, maybe put Ortiz at 1B against lefties instead of Carp or Nava with Bogaerts as DH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RIDICULOUS is right

They're NOT gonna block me!  I'm blocking them!!!!

Outraged fan strikes back with channel blocker.  ;/-

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lester needs shut down inning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

SF stadium is probably prettiest in baseball.  What views.  I saw Lincecum beat Braves a few years ago when he was on top of his game.  SF is a great city to visit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Ok Jon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Rays beat the O's. So we need to win this to stay in 1st.

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Rays (70-52)   4-3  Baltimore Orioles (67-56)   

another 1 run win....unreal

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Rays are going to be tough to hold off.  They have pitching.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pedey should not be hitting third.  A team's best hitter (Ortiz) should hit fourth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to albertct23's comment:

RIDICULOUS is right

They're NOT gonna block me!  I'm blocking them!!!!

Outraged fan strikes back with channel blocker.  ;/-

Oakland, Seattle, and Giants are all playing at the same time right now.  What is on ESPN2 now there?

ZIP

Blank screen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Everyone must be in bed. I am talking to myself. Nite all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

Not true, need to win to say a game ahead. Ties for first is still first.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

How do these NL manages do it? The brain power it must take to manage w/o a DH -- two outs, a man in scoring positiong and the No. 8 batter up. They must have the best minds at Harvard, MIT and Stanford working OT to finally send them the right strategy -- intentionally walk the No. 8 batter and pitch to the pitcher. Simply amazing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

How do these NL manages do it? The brain power it must take to manage w/o a DH -- two outs, a man in scoring positiong and the No. 8 batter up. They must have the best minds at Harvard, MIT and Stanford working OT to finally send them the right strategy -- intentionally walk the No. 8 batter and pitch to the pitcher. Simply amazing.

That is the answer to the so-called "purists " who prefer the NL game.