Game Thread 128: Red Sox at Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 128: Red Sox at Giants

Darren Rovell - ESPN, Sports Business Reporter

Throwing at A-Rod will cost Ryan Dempster $408,951 in salary + an undisclosed fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bill Shaikin - Los Angeles Times, Baseball Sportswriter

Recap: Dempster could play while appealing suspension for hitting a guy who is playing while appealing suspension.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Bob Nightengale - USA Today, Baseball Writer

Girardi won't be happy with the length of Dempster's 5-game suspension since the Red Sox have off-days Thursday and Monday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Bob Nightengale - USA Today, Baseball Writer

Girardi won't be happy with the length of Dempster's 5-game suspension since the Red Sox have off-days Thursday and Monday.

ohhhhhh, what a shame

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

Boston Globe Sports      

Joe Girardi: MLB must suspend Ryan Dempster or it will be 'open season' on Alex Rodriguez http://b.globe.com/16t29Hi

Sounds good to me!SealedWink

[/QUOTE]

Have they given Giradi a like number of games for such a poor acting job. It was somewhat entertaining but Joe you have  to improve on the bulging blood vessels---not enough PED's Joe; check with ARod to see what he would recommend.  Next time try to defend him with a straight face---don't feel you have to show the other boys how to respond the next time ARod gets hit.

Joe good thing he appealed his suspension---you're 8-5 with him---imagine where the pinstripes would be without his 2 dingers and his.319 BA. Good luck the rest of the season----have you decided which Red Sox player will be targeted---I understand all the MLB higherups will be in attendance for the 4 game series---remember Joe when you were catching the Rocket and he pitched inside ---he never hit anyone intentionally, right Joe?????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham          

Buchholz threw 61 pitches over 4 innings. Looked pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF Victorino RF Pedroia 2B Carp 1B Middlebrooks 3B Nava LF Bogaerts SS Ross C Peavy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Sean McAdam   

Dempster says he won't appeal suspension and will begin serving tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham          

View image on Twitter

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham          

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Buchholz threw 46-pitch sim game. Next will be a bullpen Friday, then first minor league rehab start Sunday, possibly for Lowell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Jenny Dell/NESN      

Ryan Dempster: "No point in appealing. We have other things to worry about." Still says he was just pitching inside.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

As long as they get him on the first try it's no problem at all. After all,  it's not as if he's a moving targetIn response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Boston Globe Sports      

Joe Girardi: MLB must suspend Ryan Dempster or it will be 'open season' on Alex Rodriguez http://b.globe.com/16t29Hi

Sounds good to me! Sealed Wink

I fail to see the problem.   Smile

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

By the way, the Rays are up 3-1 top 5th.  Their color guy, Brian Anderson is a non-stop talker. He's worse than McCarver. He's now commenting that the penalty wasn't severe enough and 82% in their cowbell poll thought it was excessive. Maybe they should take a poll about his excessive non stop chatter.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I posted this separately under "Classy Giants wear Boston Strong patches" and felt it was a good copy & paste here in case someone missed it.

And I will think even more of them if they lose the next 2 games. SF & Boston are very likeable cities & similar in many ways, the bay, great seafood, hills, quaintness etc. & both hate LA Lakers & have the 2 best ballparks, I think, Fenway & AT&T park. I'll be at the day game on Weds with my Boston Strong T-Shirt & "Bee" on my cap rooting for a sweep. My wife will have a SF cap on so we don't get beat up---Ha ! Really little chance of that as some LA fans did last year putting a family man into a coma.

As SF about same distance as Boston-NY, may drive down to a Dodger game too.  Go SOX !!!

http://nesn.com/2013/08/giants-wear-b-strong-patches-for-game-against-red-sox-will-donate-portion-of-ticket-revenue-to-one-fund-photos/

Nice post.  I too was touched by the Giants wearing the Boston Strong patches... and on the fronts of their jersey's, not hidden on the sleeves.  Thx SF!!   AT&T Park & Camden Yards are the two parks I most would want to visit.  New Yankee Stadium with the short RF porch(porch, really? It has a 3ft wall)... NEVER!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Throwing at A-Rod will cost Ryan Dempster $408,951 in salary + an undisclosed fine.

Man, that's a little chunk of change when you think about it. Tongue Out

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I posted this separately under "Classy Giants wear Boston Strong patches" and felt it was a good copy & paste here in case someone missed it.

And I will think even more of them if they lose the next 2 games. SF & Boston are very likeable cities & similar in many ways, the bay, great seafood, hills, quaintness etc. & both hate LA Lakers & have the 2 best ballparks, I think, Fenway & AT&T park. I'll be at the day game on Weds with my Boston Strong T-Shirt & "Bee" on my cap rooting for a sweep. My wife will have a SF cap on so we don't get beat up---Ha ! Really little chance of that as some LA fans did last year putting a family man into a coma.

As SF about same distance as Boston-NY, may drive down to a Dodger game too.  Go SOX !!!

http://nesn.com/2013/08/giants-wear-b-strong-patches-for-game-against-red-sox-will-donate-portion-of-ticket-revenue-to-one-fund-photos/

Nice post.  I too was touched by the Giants wearing the Boston Strong patches... and on the fronts of their jersey's, not hidden on the sleeves.  Thx SF!!   AT&T Park & Camden Yards are the two parks I most would want to visit.  New Yankee Stadium with the short RF porch(porch, really? It has a 3ft wall)... NEVER!!

Incorrect, as usual. And guess what? The Fenway RF wall down the line is shorter, and may actually be 3 feet high. Who would have thought? 

Constructed: 1912

Rebuilt: 1934
    First Game: April 20, 1912 - Red Sox 7, Highlanders 6 (11 inn)Seating Capacity (Night): 37,493
    Seating Capacity (Day): 37,065
    EMC Club/Pavilion: 4,997
    Box Seats: 13,650
    Grandstand: 11,927
    Bleachers: 6,448
    Green Monster: 269
    Right Field Roof Deck: 202OUTFIELD DIMENSIONSLeft Field: 310 feet
    Left-Center Field: 379 feet
    Center Field: 390 feet
    Deep Center Field: 420 feet
    Deep Right Field: 380 feet
    Right Field : 302 feetHEIGHT OF OUTFIELD WALLSLeft Field: 37 feet
    Center Field: 17 feet
    Bullpens: 5 feet
    Right Field: 3-5 feet

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=facts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Man, that's a little chunk of change when you think about it. Tongue Out

[/QUOTE]

The fine is $2,500

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Wow, I had no idea Vogelsong was 36 years old. Thought he was a younger guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

How can that be a hit? Wow.  Went right under his glove.  MLB scoring is a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Didn't know that Mrs. Middlebrooks was the official scorer tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Here we go!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Nava pops up with bases loaded.:(.  Maybe Xander can pick him up.