Game Thread 128: Red Sox at Giants

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: Game Thread 128: Red Sox at Giants

Nice play by Iggy...I mean Boggy, hahaha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The sox left this guy off the hook several times and now they cant even make decent contact on him...same old story with this team of not hitting with men on base... im glad that Bogerts was called up but not sure why Farrell didnt play Drew against the right hander...same with Salty... there is absolutely no power in this lineup and one mistake or two and we lose ... Peavy has to be almost perfect the rest of the way...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

The sox left this guy off the hook several times and now they cant even make decent contact on him...same old story with this team of not hitting with men on base... im glad that Bogerts was called up but not sure why Farrell didnt play Drew against the right hander...same with Salty... there is absolutely no power in this lineup and one mistake or two and we lose ... Peavy has to be almost perfect the rest of the way...

Well he will be perfect the rest of the way because he is out of the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

There are SO MANY automatic outs in this line up!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

typical anemic bats again...this team needs another bat and im not talking XB...you cant count on a 20 yr old in a pennant race...they need an experienced bat but im sure they wont get one... now the BP has to be perfect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Boggy issues a solid year or tway away. His swing is all arms. Agreed, we've got no pop in the line up tonight. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

jerkardi wants new rules. Take off your diaper.

***They have replay in the little league world series, but not in mlb. Hmm umps arent paid and they wanna get the calls right.

" I thought the fans were great tonite".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

How can a GM of a Major League Baseball team, (Big Ben), look at this pathetic line up and say, "Yup! I'm ok with this!" HOW??????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Get napoli in there. At least then we wouldn't expect much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Well there you go.. said they had to be perfect and they were not...this was a weak lineup tonight and not sure what Farrell was thinking... you dont give guys days off in the middle of a penant race when youre up by one game...this is not the time for experimenting... just my opinion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Tazawa had Scutaro wrapped up at 0 - 2, but FOOLISHLY grooves a 1 - 2, 95 mph fastball RIGHT DOWN THE MF GD Pike!

UNREAL!!!!

bye bye lead

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Anemic offence and tazawa didn't disappoint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Tazawa had Scutaro wrapped up at 0 - 2, but FOOLISHLY grooves a 1 - 2, 95 mph fastball RIGHT DOWN THE MF GD Pike!

UNREAL!!!!

bye bye lead

yep... Taz seems to do this a lot in one run games... gives up the tying run or more...i dont have any confidence in Morales to keep this even...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

So their relievers give up nothing... two of our 3 guys have already given up four hits and a run and like i said, i have no confidence in Morales to keep this game tied

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Farrell with some really bad decisions tonight... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BRUTAL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Would have been nice to put someone in who could throw strikes. This game was a trainwreck from inning 1.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Farrell is quickly losing credibility. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been secretly hiding in his office eating chicken and drinking beer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I knew in the 1st inning we left bases loaded & then in the 2nd we left men on 2nd & 3rd that our 2 run lead was not going to hold up. Our offence sucks !!! Good Night !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Several weeks ago I started a thread questioning Farrell as a good dugout manager... I was blasted by one of the pros...now, tonight, once more he proves me right... gentlemen 

SOX R TWO GAMES BACK IN THE LOSS COLUMN...Brutal... That is the right word...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

yeah what will Farrell's excuses be tonight?  just horrible decisions all game long starting with the lineup.... our BP blows other than U....and Benny boy, keep sitting on your hands and watch the Rays and others pass the Sox by.... if Ben thinks that he can bring up kids to fill voids he is sadly mistaken...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to Javi60's comment:

Several weeks ago I started a thread questioning Farrell as a good dugout manager... I was blasted by one of the pros...now, tonight, once more he proves me right... gentlemen 

SOX R TWO GAMES BACK IN THE LOSS COLUMN...Brutal... That is the right word...

complete iriot bringing in that stiff into this game, but this team has losing series after series lately. They needed a hitter at the trade deadline and did not get one. Way too many automatic outs in this lineup. Enough of Daniel Nava, he is a backup at best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The slide continues. First place is gone. Just like that. Or , as Orsillo might say " all of a sudden."  Might not be a good idea to bring in a guy with control problems with the bases loaded. Might not be a good idea to rest Ortiz against a mediocre right hander.  Very predictable result. Folks , we are in trouble here. Things are starting to spin out of control. Can this club re-group and reverse this downward trend ?  Stay tuned , boys and girls.  Same time. Same NESN station. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

We will be in second after this road trip and it infuriates me with what that clown Dempster did on Dunday to give that game to the Yankees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

We will be in second after this road trip and it infuriates me with what that clown Dempster did on Dunday to give that game to the Yankees.

We are in second right now. The Rays are in first by percentage points. The Yankees are charging. 

Sections
Shortcuts