Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

Ross is doing fine for the 8.....Salty and repko are killers tho. KILLERS. I was a Salty fan and even defender on this board last year but he can not handle the full time catching job

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    the red sox are so boring, AMBIENT takes them to go to sleep.
    Posted by mryazz

this years red sox may be the cure for sleep apnea

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    Stop acting like an a@@le. n response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************":
    Posted by AL34

Hey man I'm just saying Happy Birthday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ross is doing fine for the 8.....Salty and repko are killers tho. KILLERS. I was a Salty fan and even defender on this board last year but he can not handle the full time catching job
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

repko got thrown into the fire. Sox are scouting for another OF

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Unfortunately none of the gains from those 3 are SP.  CC has to help the OF and of course Bailey is the closer.  They need a steady frontline pitcher or they will not go very far this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : all these cost cutting moves have got to stop.....the fans dont come out to see jason BLEEPING repko starting and a catcher with a sub .100 batting average.....it is despicable what they have done to this team with all the money they have....john henry deserves to be punched square in the face
    Posted by redsoxfan94

I think the fans could be placated somewhat watching the kids play even if they continue to lose. At least you'd get a glimpse of the future that way. But that's a money issue also. I'd be bringing up at least 2 or 3 of them tonight. Gonna lose more money if this continues anyhow. No way this team keeps remotely close before Ells , Crawford, and the DL'd pitchers come back. Folks don't mind as much watching the rookies lose as much as the retread major leaugers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well at least doubront and bard are pitching the next two games.....they have pitched well lately

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

The Red Sox continue to refuse to get hits with RISP and Agone continues to not earn the money
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

Going into today's game, with RISP the Sox have surprisingly hit .324/.409/.529/.939. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : I think the fans could be placated somewhat watching the kids play even if they continue to lose. At least you'd get a glimpse of the future that way. But that's a money issue also. I'd be bringing up at least 2 or 3 of them tonight. Gonna lose more money if this continues anyhow. No way this team keeps remotely close before Ells , Crawford, and the DL'd pitchers come back. Folks don't mind as much watching the rookies lose as much as the retread major leaugers
    Posted by upperco1

yea well this team is basically chalk full of has-beens and never was'/will be's

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : I think the fans could be placated somewhat watching the kids play even if they continue to lose. At least you'd get a glimpse of the future that way. But that's a money issue also. I'd be bringing up at least 2 or 3 of them tonight. Gonna lose more money if this continues anyhow. No way this team keeps remotely close before Ells , Crawford, and the DL'd pitchers come back. Folks don't mind as much watching the rookies lose as much as the retread major leaugers
    Posted by upperco1

I agree. think the fans would give the kids support and benefit of the doubt. Can't say I feel for ownership, upper. they've been riding the gravy train, made a terrible decision hiring Valentine, after kicking tito to the curb. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Unfortunately the Yanks have the best BP in MLB right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks

Agree with you.  It is difficult to replace someone like Varitek, who was one of the best catchers the Red Sox ever had.  When younger Varitek was one of the best catchers in the league. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

What a mess, I am so glad Ownership spent that money on a soccer team, we sure could use it now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : I know expectations were low coming into the season, but it is still frustrating to watch this team bury themselves before the end of April.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

the expectations shouldnt be low.....this is close to the same team that had the best record in baseball until september last year.....they can play, they just arent interested and lazy.....i wish bobby v would call out the whole team, not just youkilis.....the comment that pedey made was just a ss-backwards....this is an example of inmates running the asylum and the stench from last september is still here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Gotta shake this up at some point

Repko, JBOSOF490100000400.111.111.111.2220000100040.00339
    12McDonald, DBOSOF10245210005710.083.241.125.3660000310780.8812329
    13Saltalamacchia, JBOSC9251210122700.080.148.240 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

What a mess, I am so glad Ownership spent that money on a soccer team, we sure could use it now.
    Posted by freediro

Don't forget their venture into NASCAR too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay I know, its just a disgrace that they went into the season with lousy backups. Eight runs in 36 innings is a disgrace. Saltalamachia did this same crap last year with a lousy start in April. I expected them to be better than this. They are about to drop four in a row in their own ballpark, and I do not see it getting better this weekend. Pray for rain. Some of these guys cannot hit the ball out of the infield. Cherrington picked up and often injured reliever in Bailey, another one in Melancon who looks lost. He finally gets the compensation for Theo and gets a pitcher who they knew had elbow problems. Right now he looks like a bigger idiot than Theo. No, why have interest in Cuddyer a RF who is right handed, Buerle, a pitcher, Jackson, a pitcher, Oswalt, a pitcher, Kuroda, a pitcher. They had a chance to fix this team in the off season and went cheap on it and it shows. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************":
    In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : In fairness AL, Ells, CC and Bailey are hurt.  Posted by J-BAY

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

JBay I know, its just a disgrace that they went into the season with lousy backups. Eight runs in 36 innings is a disgrace. Saltalamachia did this same crap last year with a lousy start in April. I expected them to be better than this. In response to "Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************":
    Posted by AL34

theyre giving Salty a chance to prove himself and rightfully so IMO. eventually if things dont change, they'll have to make one. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

They need Lenny in the booth!  lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

seriously, did anyone on this board actually believe these lazy, whining slugs would actually win today? bobby v will take the fall for these prima donnas.
    Posted by mryazz

actually i did hope they would of..its not over technically

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : I agree. think the fans would give the kids support and benefit of the doubt. Can't say I feel for ownership, upper. they've been riding the gravy train, made a terrible decision hiring Valentine, after kicking tito to the curb. 
    Posted by J-BAY

Here's a far out thought for you J Bay.  Forget about the 60 mil on the DL for a second. They went on the cheap filling in the roster this year. No offense to today's 100th but they , in reality, went on the cheap today as well. What do people in the workplace usually think when management suddenly goes on the cheap?  TEAM FOR SALE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Actually, Singleton is boring IMO
    Posted by nhsteven

Perhaps your frame of reference is limited?

Compared to the NSEN crew the Yes staff, Singleton included, is the baseball equivalent of Walter Cronkite, Eric Sevareid and Edward R Murrow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

They went on the cheap so they could pocket the money or plow it into the soccer team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Here's a far out thought for you J Bay.  Forget about the 60 mil on the DL for a second. They went on the cheap filling in the roster this year. No offense to today's 100th but they , in reality, went on the cheap today as well. What do people in the workplace usually think when management suddenly goes on the cheap?  TEAM FOR SALE
    Posted by upperco1

The huge contracts have strapped them, upper. Theyre trying to stay under the luxery tax due the new agreement. NYY are also. Dont mind them losing, want to see a good effort and game. 

Sections
Shortcuts