Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

whoa salty got a hit

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

Solidifying last place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

It was Cody Eppley time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Well that was short lived!  Guess Joe didn't have much faith in the kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It was a tough way to start the season. Playing all of the best teams so early. After Sunday , our next 22 games are against teams that you would think we should be able to beat. How those 22 games go , should pretty much tell us what this team will be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

do not forget we started the year in a similar vain last year but went 40-14 at one point. elllsbury will be back as will craw. plus buch really cant pitch any worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Cannot wait to read the Sports Papers tomorrow. They should be ripping the current ownership on this team, especially Mazoratti, O'Shaughnessey should be interesting. Now I know why Papelbon cleared his locker at the end of the season and never looked back. He knew something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Cody Ross and Youkillis are strike out machines. Just awfull.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : obrien youre usually very level headed and enjoy your posta, but cant agree. I have to put kay on mute, he's awful. I know yankee fans who cant stand him. singleton was ok but now he sounds just like him. Al Leiter and flash are the only two that are any good. even david cone, nice guy but hes awful too. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Then  we'll have to agree to disagree because while I understand that to a large extent it's a matter of preference I absolutely don't think the Yes staff is badf at all. 

The funny think is I'm old enough to remember Bill White, Frank Messer and Phil Rizzuto.  At the time a significant percentage of viewers thought they were terrible.  Today they are the "Golden Age" of Yankees TV broadcasting. 

Personally, the only reason to turn the volume on for any sporting event is to hear what the announcer can add in terms of context and perhaps an interesting anecdote.  The Yes team, like'em or not, is as good as any in cable or network. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Nice job by Mo.  Happy Birthday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Disappointing...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The ceremonies were nice. The game was awful.  Good night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

wow!!!! They should of played the Royals today instead. 100th Ann. and get kicked in the teeth by Yanks!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

bad loss

get em next time

lets go Red Sox

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Then  we'll have to agree to disagree because while I understand that to a large extent it's a matter of preference I absolutely don't think the Yes staff is badf at all.  The funny think is I'm old enough to remember Bill White, Frank Messer and Phil Rizzuto.  At the time a significant percentage of viewers thought they were terrible.  Today they are the "Golden Age" of Yankees TV broadcasting.  Personally, the only reason to turn the volume on for any sporting event is to hear what the announcer can add in terms of context and perhaps an interesting anecdote.  The Yes team, like'em or not, is as good as any in cable or network. 
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

Actually comical.

How anyone can take in a steady diet of Jerry Remy and then criticize Ken Singleton?

Remy ranks right up with Suzanne Waldman.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Then  we'll have to agree to disagree because while I understand that to a large extent it's a matter of preference I absolutely don't think the Yes staff is badf at all.  The funny think is I'm old enough to remember Bill White, Frank Messer and Phil Rizzuto.  At the time a significant percentage of viewers thought they were terrible.  Today they are the "Golden Age" of Yankees TV broadcasting.  Personally, the only reason to turn the volume on for any sporting event is to hear what the announcer can add in terms of context and perhaps an interesting anecdote.  The Yes team, like'em or not, is as good as any in cable or network. 
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

Then we will have to agree to disagee. The YES teams consists about 8 announcers.  How would anyone think they're as good as any cable or network "Like them or not" if you don't like them??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Actually comical. How anyone can take in a steady diet of Jerry Remy and then criticize Ken Singleton? Remy ranks right up with Suzanne Waldman.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

that's your opinion TWM as you're certainly entitled to. I cant criticize singleton whom I don't care for because I like Remy?. Whats comical about it because you dont agee?? no need for the insults TWM really

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : The worst announcers in all of baseball work for Nesn and you guys have the balls to knock Singleton.

Actually TWM they were named #3, hardly the worst. why do you guys have the balls because we dont agree with you?? Not to mention Orsillo does the post season, which I've yet to see any of the YES announcers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Remy is exactly what the fans on this forum criticize the YES announcers for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Actually TWM they were named #3, hardly the worst. why do you guys have the balls because we dont agree with you?? Not to mention Orsillo does the post season, which I've yet to see any of the YES announcers.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

#3?

Don't me laugh.

Where in Cambridge?

Harvard's hockey broadcast team are #2?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : It would be one thing if you guys had good commentators the way you go off on YES but you don't. Remy is a good announcer?? Sox fans have the balls to Singleton is boring? Remy and his mono-tone. He so dull and monotonous. Pick a different subject. I'll give Orsillo a pass because he seems to be a nice guy.

Actually twm it was a yankee fan who called singleton boring.....nhsteven. monotone has what to do with commentating exactly?? Orsillo doesnt need a pass...does the postseason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : typical yank-em fan; arrogant and stupid as a rock. btw, why is simpleton singleton even working for yes; he never even played for the yank-this.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

Typical non-responsive response.  Try using logic reason and common sense., .. knucklehead.  I'm sure that's a foreign notion to you but give it a try.  It actually works!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : #3? Don't me laugh. Where in Cambridge? Havard's hockey broadcast team are #2

Laugh if you want TWM.. Mets announcers, dodger/scully, then remy/orsillo look it up