Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Yaz looked good. A lot of those guys looked good. Can't say enough how great it was to see Pesky and Doerr (psst, it's D-o-e-r-r) and everyone else.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

meant dorr but that was wrong too. yaz lost weight and got into shape after his heart surgery. still my all time favorite. wish I had taped it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************

In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game*************************:
    [QUOTE]Biggest ovations for pedro, fisk, dewey, Tito, lowell, nomah, rice, remy, millar, Lonborg, biggest had to be yaz, as it should be. nice to see pesky and door. Half of them look like they could still play. incredible ceremony
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Hurst looked like he could go 7

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Go Sox...let's complete the day with a win!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : Hurst looked like he could go 7
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Ya I was thinking send pedro out to the mound and eck to the bullpen

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Hello from Portland OR...sigh, error already, Sox lose to the yankmees and it costs me beer!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Gonna be hard to complain about the ump after those first 2 strikes to ARod...good to see them in favor of the Sox for a change.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]Gonna be hard to complain about the ump after those first 2 strikes to ARod...good to see them in favor of the Sox for a change.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Watch out Travern - you know Pike will come after you saying that only the Yankees get calls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Should be two outs and 1 on. Instead its 1-0. :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

LOL...maybe I should have kept my mouth shut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Do the Yankees ever get EARNED runs off us?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Pumpsie Green got a pretty rousing ovation. That was nice to see.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]
    I was at Pumpsie's first game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Didn't the Sox lose last season wearing the ice cream vendor unis? Sure hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the Sox lose last season wearing the ice cream vendor unis? Sure hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

IDK, Joel but I bet none of them were any to happy about wearing the throw backs, on either side. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Wonder if I'm the only person with a picture of Fenway park and a picture of Ted Williams proudly displayed on my kitchen walls...my library boasting almost every book written about Red Sox....a Christmas tree left up year round with nothing but red sox ornaments....my cherished autographed balls....ahh.. the list is too long...but the Fenway celebration is moving to this old fan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks start quick(for once)...interesting matchup today...both Nova and CBuch took some heat during ST...i fear this will be a game of "limit the damage"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice.  Dusty picking himself up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 13: Yankees at Red Sox -100th Anniversay Game************************* : IDK, Joel but I bet none of them were any to happy about wearing the throw backs, on either side. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Tough, I like it.  Should have made the complainers use 1912 gloves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Gonna be hard to complain about the ump after those first 2 strikes to ARod...good to see them in favor of the Sox for a change.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Maybe the ump is using the 1912 strike zone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I wonder why these guys weren't here. Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell,, Dave Roberts,, Bob Stanley, Ellis Burks

I hope it was for a good reason. It was a great event, it would be sad if if were for a petty reason that they might regret down the road.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder why these guys weren't here.  Wade Boggs, Mike Greenwell,, Dave Roberts,, Bob Stanley, Ellis Burks I hope it was for a good reason. It was a great event, it would be sad if if were for a petty reason that they might regret down the road.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Dave Roberts said why but I forgot what. was wondering watching it roy if Shilling would. he should have been there. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

What is wrong with Buch?  He hasn't looked good for some time now?  Can't let the Yanks have this one today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Ouch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

strong wind. were talking about during the pre game. said anything hit hard will be helped over the fence. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

This looking like another blow out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Buck going to have 50 pitches by 3 rd inning

Sections
Shortcuts