Game Thread 132: Red Sox at Dodgers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 132: Red Sox at Dodgers

RHP Jake Peavy (9-5, 4.25) vs. LHP Chris Capuano (4-6, 4.70), 8:05 p.m. (ET), ESPN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 132: Red Sox at Dodgers

We need to kock this rag arm Capuano around early and often, and take this series. No reason why we cant. Shut Crawford up, take the series, beat the lefthander.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

We need to kock this rag arm Capuano around early and often, and take this series. No reason why we cant. Shut Crawford up, take the series, beat the lefthander.

i agree 100%.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Middlebrooks 3B, Saltalamacchia C, Bogaerts SS, Peavy 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Ditto for shutting up C for crap Crawford !!!

I'm pretty proud of our team winning 2/3 in SF after a depressing loss in game 2. Although I said I'd been happy with a 3-3 on the coast, now I'm greedy as I want today's game. And why not, Peavy's era is 4.25 with a 9-6 won/loss and their hacker is 4.7 era with a 4-6 record. Good we didn't face Kershaw but being positive we wili in World Series. Would have been interesting to face Beckett.

Lackey pitched a great game and had he been spotted a 4-0 lead, we might been going for a sweep today. Wouldn't you know that Gonzo, who was the only one I liked in trade to LA, gave then a chance with a double giving LA 2 runs. Don't want to be an ingrate, but we were held scoreless after the 4 runs. Would have been nice to have a cushion. Happy to see Naps with 3/4 hits & the usual good "D".

Tampa/NY 1-1 in 8th. I will not root for NY to win but I do want Tampa to lose(HA!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Capuano is not a lefty that we should fear. The 4-6 record, with the 4.70 ERA , reeks of mediocrity. We should jump all over this ham and egger.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

3-2 new york...bottom of 11th...mariano on his way in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

RAYS LOSE...RAYS LOSE...RAYS LOSE (SOUND HORN)...unfortuately, yankees had to win for that to happen

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lowell Spinners

After 38 pitches and back to back walks, day is done for Buchholz. 2/3rds of an inning, three runs on one hit, three walks, three errors.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham

Red Sox activate LHP Matt Thornton. Option Brayan Villarreal. So 4 lefties in the bullpen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham

Ryan Dempster said he had no problem with anything David Ortiz said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

RAYS LOSE...RAYS LOSE...RAYS LOSE (SOUND HORN)...unfortuately, yankees had to win for that to happen

I was very happy to see the Yankees win today.  The Rays losing can only help the Red Sox.  At least if we lose tonight we will still be tied with the Rays.  Although, I believe that the Red Sox have a good chance of winning tonight's game. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham

Players on both teams said the late afternoon sun and shadows could make it tough to hit in the early innings tonight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Capuano is not a lefty that we should fear. The 4-6 record, with the 4.70 ERA , reeks of mediocrity. We should jump all over this ham and egger.

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree. I also thought we should have jumped all over Nolasco the other night. We made that guy look like Nolan Ryan.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Pete Abraham

Red Sox activate LHP Matt Thornton. Option Brayan Villarreal. So 4 lefties in the bullpen.

Was at yesterday's game sitting right by the RS bullpen. One could sense watching Villareal in the BP that he new it was coming.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They still don't have their best lefty in the pen! He's still on the Pawsox roster, Ryan Rowland-Smith.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to soxfanwest's comment:

Pete Abraham

Was at yesterday's game sitting right by the RS bullpen. One could sense watching Villareal in the BP that he new it was coming.

I am envious of anyone who has an opportunity to watch the Red Sox in another ballpark.  I have only recently been to the new Marlins stadium last season when I was visiting someone who lives in Florida.  I have still not been to the new Yankees stadium but plan on going sometime next season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Ellsbury CF, Victorino RF, Pedroia 2B, Napoli 1B, Gomes LF, Middlebrooks 3B, Saltalamacchia C, Bogaerts SS, Peavy 

Papi rested yesterday... Incredible not being in lineup tonight, he is our best run  producer by far...and he can hit lefties as numbers show...but yes, I m not the manager... uehara, if needed could go one inning, a huge game tonight, tomorrow is an off day...Go Sox

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lowell Spinners

After 38 pitches and back to back walks, day is done for Buchholz. 2/3rds of an inning, three runs on one hit, three walks, three errors.

I guess the important thing is if he pitched pain free and wakes up tomorrow with no pain.  I don't expect to see him until September 15th or later (like spring training).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Take advantage of that break.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That's the way Nap!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Come on Will!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Rally killer!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Middy with the chance to break it wide open w/ bases loaded.........

Ahhhhhhhhhh!  Shhhhhhhh!