Game Thread 136: White Sox at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 136: White Sox at Red Sox

LHP Hector Santiago (4-7, 3.25) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (6-9, 4.77), 7:10 p.m., NESN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Game Thread 136: White Sox at Red Sox

Dont go by Santiago's record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

LHP Hector Santiago (4-7, 3.25) vs. RHP Ryan Dempster (6-9, 4.77), 7:10 p.m., NESN.

Not happy about even tonight but if Dempster does not turn it around tonight....this needs to be his last start this year......his next would be scheduled for 9/4 and after that hopefully Buchholz will be back.....so if he terrible again tonight we need to pitch someone else on the 4th(against Detroit no less)....and with expanded rosters and the ability to throw alot of guys, that should not be hard to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Not happy about even tonight but if Dempster does not turn it around tonight....this needs to be his last start this year......his next would be scheduled for 9/4 and after that hopefully Buchholz will be back.....so if he terrible again tonight we need to pitch someone else on the 4th(against Detroit no less)....and with expanded rosters and the ability to throw alot of guys, that should not be hard to do.

I don't think Buchholz is scheduled back until the 10th.

The Sox can probably survive two startts by Dempster.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Dempster better start picking it up, last 14 days ERA of 11.81. Last 28 days ERA of 6.38. Ridiculous numbers for a Starter down the stretch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comm

I don't think Buchholz is scheduled back until the 10th.

The Sox can probably survive two startts by Dempster.

yes the 10th would be Dempsters 3rd or next scheduled start after the 4th.....and I am sure the Sox might survive hsi 2 starts..but he has a 6.5 ERA the 2nd half so why should you....again as a veteran we can see how he does tonight because maybe he will get himslef on track, but if he doesnt do you really want to see what the Detroit lineup will do to him/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF Victorino RF Pedroia 2B Ortiz DH Gomes LF Napoli 1B Saltalamacchia C Drew SS Middlebrooks 3B Dempster

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

yes the 10th would be Dempsters 3rd or next scheduled start after the 4th.....and I am sure the Sox might survive hsi 2 starts..but he has a 6.5 ERA the 2nd half so why should you....again as a veteran we can see how he does tonight because maybe he will get himslef on track, but if he doesnt do you really want to see what the Detroit lineup will do to him/

True.

But, I'm not sure I want to see what Detroit would do to one of our kids either.

We'll se how he does tonight, I guess.

Maybe the missed start did him some good.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Oh!  no John, why Dempster, the fifth or spotty  hurler when schedule demands it? ...Tonight is Peavy s turn, with a  four full days rest... Each game is essential at this point... we need to win series, first game is of utmost importance... You want to try Dumpster, after furlough?  pitch him one of these days... we lose tonight and and we are in a hole, series wise, opener usually have lingering effets...

Oh Casey oh Leo, how I miss you... ( yes I am an old timer, when it was a game!)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Dempster better start picking it up, last 14 days ERA of 11.81. Last 28 days ERA of 6.38. Ridiculous numbers for a Starter down the stretch.

Dumpster stinks. Period. He should not be allowed to start another game for this team. Ever. Long relief in games that are already decided only.

Pete Abraham      

Despite recent control issues in GCL, Daniel Bard told Red Sox he wants to keep pitching. Could be assigned to Lowell.

Mike Dowling/WCVB       

mgr John Farrell says he has never seen a switch hitter like Shane Victorino successfully change to just hitting rightie

Who will be the long reliever tonight, if Dumpster gets knocked out early?... workman worked plenty last night... F. Morales comes to my mind for a couple innings, needs to get in grove... Is Villareal still in roster?... Why not wait until extended  roster to give Dump the the ball, Ranaudo might have been fun to watch... 

Brendan McGair/Pawtucket Times      

Buchholz in the first inning: 23 pitches, 13 strikes. Allows 3 hits, 1 run. Fastball topped out at 93 mph

Buchholz in the first inning: 23 pitches, 13 strikes. Allows 3 hits, 1 run. Fastball topped out at 93 mph

12 pitches for Clay Buchholz in the 2nd, 8 strikes. struck out the Chiefs' Jeff Howell on a changeup to end frame

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Dempster sucks big time.  He won't last four innings.  They have to get rid of him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Can't believe he swung at first pitch after two walks. What a bonehead.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Dempster sucks big time.  He won't last four innings.  They have to get rid of him.

I wish I could say something good about him but I can't.  Lets see if he can wiggle his way out of the 1st inning.

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

It is urgent and mandatory, notwithstanding what he might do tonight!...since his suspension  sox have won three series going 6-3...

12 pitches for Clay Buchholz in the 2nd, 8 strikes. struck out the Chiefs' Jeff Howell on a changeup to end frame

Buchholz ends up allowing 1 earned run on seven hits, 0 BB, 2 SOs

Hurry Hurry Demp losing gas, protect this lead! This game is big...

Warm somebody up now!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Buchholz ends up allowing 1 earned run on seven hits, 0 BB, 2 SOs

Ranaudo pitching out of the bullpen tonight for Pawtucket.  Very interesting.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Dempster just not a money pitcher!

• Sections
    Shortcuts