Game Thread 147: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 147: Red Sox at Rays

RHP Ryan Dempster (8-9, 4.79) vs. RHP Alex Cobb (8-3, 2.99), 7:10 p.m., NESN, ESPN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mudbugger. Show mudbugger's posts

Re: Game Thread 147: Red Sox at Rays

It will be interesting to see who the Red Sox will leave off of the play off roster, Doubront or Dempster.  If Buchholtz can have continued success from his return, I would almost be inclined to keep Doubront since he is left handed. 

Nothing to slight either player, it is strictly a numbers crunch and I think Dempster will lose out and be moved during the off season.

A Red Sox win tonight and the magic number is 10. 

(sorry...typo....magic number is 8).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to mudbugger's comment:

It will be interesting to see who the Red Sox will leave off of the play off roster, Doubront or Dempster.  If Buchholtz can have continued success from his return, I would almost be inclined to keep Doubront since he is left handed. 

Nothing to slight either player, it is strictly a numbers crunch and I think Dempster will lose out and be moved during the off season.

They might keep them both on the ps roster in the pen.  The magic number is already 10.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I think its already 10 isn't it? And I would keep Dempster because at least he can throw strikes as a RP; Doubront can't. We cannot have someone coming in out of the pen who immediately creates drama by walking guys. Dempster usually starts fairly strong then fades by the fifth or sixth inning. Doubront frequently can't get a clean start out of the gate. I keep Dempster for long relief in the playoffs-then move him this offseason.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pedroia 2B Victorino RF Ortiz DH Napoli 1B Nava LF Drew SS Middlebrooks 3B Ross C Bradley Jr. CF Dempster

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham        

Pedroia has played 145 games, tied for 1st in MLB with Votto and Pence. His 1,275 innings 7th in MLB, most for a middle infielder.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

[QUOTE]

They might keep them both on the ps roster in the pen.  The magic number is already 10.

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.  If Farrell want to carry 11 pitchers for the PS, he is more likely to leave one out

11 pitchers are: Bucholtz, Lackey, Peavy, Lester, Workman, Tawaza, Uehara, Breslow, Morales, Thorton and Dempster or Doubront.   But I think Doubront is the odd man out cuz bullpen have too many lefties.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt it.  If Farrell want to carry 11 pitchers for the PS, he is more likely to leave one out

11 pitchers are: Bucholtz, Lackey, Peavy, Lester, Workman, Tawaza, Uehara, Breslow, Morales, Thorton and Dempster or Doubront.   But I think Doubront is the odd man out cuz bullpen have too many lefties.  

[/QUOTE]

I hope they give Webster a chance in relief in the next couple of weeks. He was pitching well lately both as a starter and reliever for Pawtucket.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

I think Thornton will be the odd man out. His ERA looks better than his actual appearances.

I would prefer to see Britton over Thornton. Have Thornton, Britton and Doubrount compete for the third Lefty spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

I think Thornton will be the odd man out. His ERA looks better than his actual appearances.

I would prefer to see Britton over Thornton. Have Thornton, Britton and Doubrount compete for the third Lefty spot.

Did you get locked out of your other profile Mad?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt carry Thorny on the PS roster. hes about useless IMHO. Id rather use Morales/Britton, but i know Farrell will go with the vet even though hes not very dependable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If you don't get NESN, this game is also on ESPN.

Stabbed by Foulke.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Nava tried to be more athletic than the play warranted in dropping that line drive from Langoria.  Should have been an easy catch, instead turned out to be a 24 pitch inning for Dempster, that will be one or two out less outing today.

Sox had bases loaded and Ross didn't come through on the scoring.

This Rays pitcher seems hittable, and there Pedey starts.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

Here we go again Sox get runs and Dumpster will give them up, game after game after game this happens. He is a horrible pitcher.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwtime. Show dwtime's posts

In response to torgorockson's comment:

In response to dwtime's comment:

[QUOTE]

Here we go again Sox get runs and Dumpster will give them up, game after game after game this happens. He is a horrible pitcher.

He's less horrible in the NL. Hopefully that's where he'll be next year.

[/QUOTE]

Huge play there by Drew!  I hope so too, he's lucky he only gave up 1 run this inning.  I know pitchers can't get everyone out every inning but this guy is like clockwork, Sox get runs and he gives them up the next half of the inning.

Sections
Shortcuts