Game Thread 150: Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 150: Yankees at Red Sox

LHP CC Sabathia (13-12, 4.82) vs. LHP Jon Lester (13-8, 3.86), 1:05 p.m., FOX.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Game Thread 150: Yankees at Red Sox

These last 7 games with the yankees are shaping up to be a little like the Revenge of the Boston Massacre (with the exception of that first game back in 78 where it was a total blow out - but the end results and the dejection this time is far more severe).

I have never seen a more desperate yankee team before. 

They can't win on the road and they can't win unless there is a Wild Pitch.

I can't wait to see if Rivera is actually given a start.  It would not surprise me.  Or at the very least, to see him come out in the 6th inning - perhaps this weekend.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

RED SOX (90-59)
    Pedroia 2B
    Victorino CF
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Gomes LF
    Nava RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Ross C
    Bogaerts SS
    Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (13-8, 3.86).

YANKEES (79-69)
    TBA
    Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (13-12, 4.82).

Game time: 1:05 p.m.

TV/Radio: FOX / WEEI.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I do not want the Yankees in the playoffs...bury them now with a sweep or at least 2/3 !!! We needed the clutch HR by Salty to put them away. They came back from 0-4. Yup, our pitching is better and offense is too but in our 3 victories in NY we needed an average of 10 runs to beat them. Their offense is better than the Rays or Orioles. Again, put them to sleep and let them start their Carribean vacations, fishing trips, golf games etc. & watch the playoffs if they wish !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

It'll be a good game as long as Shane V. is not hauled away to an emergency room somewhere. Even 'tho a Braves fan "in the day" I was still an admirer of Pete Reiser, and the comparisons are impossible to miss. Pete was probably a bit better, all-around, than SV, but Shane's longevity has made up for that. Still, more hell-bent-for-leather ball players never existed than this pair. GO VIC (but, be a bit more careful, ya hear?)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In the Play-offs its all about Pitching. I do not want to see the Rays or KC in a short series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

It'll be a good game as long as Shane V. is not hauled away to an emergency room somewhere. Even 'tho a Braves fan "in the day" I was still an admirer of Pete Reiser, and the comparisons are impossible to miss. Pete was probably a bit better, all-around, than SV, but Shane's longevity has made up for that. Still, more hell-bent-for-leather ball players never existed than this pair. GO VIC (but, be a bit more careful, ya hear?)

Victorino is the only guy I would like to see resting for a few games. He is obviously hurt. You can see him limping around in the dugout. Good of him to be a dirt dog and want to get out there, but we will need him to be as healthy as possible in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

Victorino is the only guy I would like to see resting for a few games. He is obviously hurt. You can see him limping around in the dugout. Good of him to be a dirt dog and want to get out there, but we will need him to be as healthy as possible in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

IVC should be shut down for a week or so. Put him back on the field around the same time as you do jacoby.... roughly 10 games before the PS starts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

I do not want the Yankees in the playoffs...bury them now with a sweep or at least 2/3 !!! We needed the clutch HR by Salty to put them away. They came back from 0-4. Yup, our pitching is better and offense is too but in our 3 victories in NY we needed an average of 10 runs to beat them. Their offense is better than the Rays or Orioles. Again, put them to sleep and let them start their Carribean vacations, fishing trips, golf games etc. & watch the playoffs if they wish !!!

no way! i would much much much rather face the yankees than the rays.. especially in a shortened series. pitching is key in the playoffs and the NYY don't have it. We do. better lineup, better BP etc.. the rays matchup well with us in terms of starters and BP. The only way Farrell doesn't win MoY is if the yankees make the playoffs. i would gladly forfeit that award to get an easier ride (yanks over rays) to the WS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I want to see the knockout punch beatdown today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pedro Gomez - ESPN, MLB Reporter

If the Red Sox finish 10-3 or better they will win 100 games for the first time since 1946.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Nice start for Jon so far ....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Small ball is working well!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Hi SY! He's looked good, since they gave him the extra rest

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

Ryan is a pain 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Sure has ... It seems to have helped the Plunkster, too!   :o)

Sorry for such a slow response ... the forum seems to not respond very fast ... I have to keep refreshing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Sure has ... It seems to have helped the Plunkster, too!   :o)

Sorry for such a slow response ... the forum seems to not respond very fast ... I have to keep refreshing.

Everyone does, yaz. apparently BDC has diagnosed the problem, (ads) but still, it persists.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Yanks must be demoralized by now, kind of role reversal for the two teams.  Finish them off tomorrow.

Ahead on L column by 2 over the A's and Tigers (Tigers own tie-breaker, so the 3 games up on L is actually 2)

With Bucholz and Lester true to form, Lackey and Peavy able support, this team is peaking at right time.  Need Ellsbury.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

Yanks must be demoralized by now, kind of role reversal for the two teams.  Finish them off tomorrow.

Ahead on L column by 2 over the A's and Tigers (Tigers own tie-breaker, so the 3 games up on L is actually 2)

With Bucholz and Lester true to form, Lackey and Peavy able support, this team is peaking at right time.  Need Ellsbury.

hey Bling..Lester was oustanding today...we had no answer... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete, this is not the usual Yankees lineup either.  Need an over haul.

good to see you, as always.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The answer is Brian "Ca$h"man is the greatest thing to happen to the Red Sox since Pedro Martinez. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Hitters 9-for-36, 6 BB, 8 K, 3 2B, HR Dustin Pedroia, 2B 2-for-4, 2 R, BB: The new leadoff man was right in the middle of both Boston rallies, singling to start the three-run surge in the third, then working a walk to start things ahead of Carp in the 10th.

Pedey doing what comes naturally!...