ORIOLES (79-70)
    TBA
    Pitching: Scot Feldman (5-4, 4.62).

Game time: 7:10 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN, MLB Network / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Re: Game Thread 152: Orioles at Red Sox

Like to see Nap rested along with WMB:

Carp at 1 B, Nava in LF, JBJ CF and Xander at 3 B.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Napoli is hot. I'd play him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Boston isnt done clinching the homefield advantage.  They want to do it ASAP!!  Then the last weekend of the season, Boston just hope it is just meaningless weekend where everyone can play for fun like playing slow pitch softball!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bogaerts @ 3rd, again !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Bogaerts @ 3rd, again !!!

That is because Middlebrook still having a flu.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Maureen Mullen/CSNNE      

Red Sox additions sighted so far: Wright, Villareal

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

There is something in having a positive momemtum which we have now & I would rest players but keep them in the park and maybe play them for 4-5 innings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Amazing stat of the day: Sox are 17-11 in games started by Dempster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Another one I saw somewhere today - Sox are the only team in majors not to have dipped below 0.500 the entire season...

..... also no losing streak longer than 3 games....  and most series wins.  All bodes well for 5-game and 7-game series...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

[QUOTE]

Another one I saw somewhere today - Sox are the only team in majors not to have dipped below 0.500 the entire season...

..... also no losing streak longer than 3 games....  and most series wins.  All bodes well for 5-game and 7-game series...

[/QUOTE]

i remember a few weeks ago when a poster wondered when the last time the Sox had won a series.  Now i can't remember when they last lost one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

It's a very different team from the rest in the past.  Lot's of base stealing, patience at bats, pretty consistent pitching throughout the year, even when one or two starters hit a rough patch, decent defense.  It's an overall good team unlike the hitting heavy lineups of the past, with may be 2 good pitchers.

I would say middle relief has been the weakest link, but with Dempster and Doubront going to BP during playoffs, even that may not be bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Boston Win + Cleveland Loss = playoff ticket punched by Boston (2nd WC) - Indians trail Royals 0-1 in top of 3rd.

Boston Win + Tampa Loss = Magic # down to 2 for AL East title - Rays trail Rangers 1-6 in bottom of 5th.

Boston up by 3 games on L column over the A's for home field advantage throughout playoffs.  A's got clobbered yesterday 12-1 by Angels.  Hope the Angels win again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

About time to get Dempster out of there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Put a fork in Dempster, he is done.  He is starting to remind me of Matsusaka with the high pitch count by 5 innings. You knew he was going to cough up that 2-0 lead. What amazes me is that they say you need a gun for armed robbery. Twenty Six  million for this guy over two years, rediculous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Put a fork in Dempster, he is done.  He is starting to remind me of Matsusaka with the high pitch count by 5 innings.

Amen to that ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Put a fork in Dempster, he is done.  He is starting to remind me of Matsusaka with the high pitch count by 5 innings. You knew he was going to cough up that 2-0 lead. What amazes me is that they say you need a gun for armed robbery. Twenty Six  million for this guy over two years, rediculous.

Six innings, two runs.  Hard to complain about that.  Its hard to believe but as I posted above, Sox are 17-11 when he starts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

[QUOTE]

Six innings, two runs.  Hard to complain about that.  Its hard to believe but as I posted above, Sox are 17-11 when he starts.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no confidence in him when he pitches. i know they have won games he pitches in but he is shakey at best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely no confidence in him when he pitches. i know they have won games he pitches in but he is shakey at best.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with that.  No way I want him pitching in playoffs with game on the line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That ump must have been asleep on that ball down the middle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Workman can't be trusted in tight games either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

What a job by Breslow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

unreal nothing ever goes wrong

NC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

What a job by Breslow.

The baseball Gods are with us

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Vic could have had that.

Sections
Shortcuts