Game Thread 152: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Game Thread 152: Orioles at Red Sox

i would not have pinch hit bogaerts, especially for gomes. that called 2nd strike against him was a tough one, down and away sinking fastball, should it have been a strike? probably not. the ump was pretty inconsistant on the night with low strikes and strike on the outter half of the plate. the fact of the matter is, we only had 3 hits against a guy who wouldnt even make a playoff starting rotation in feldman. he walked 6 batters and we only scored 2 runs off him, 1 of which was earned. thats embarassing. this team is going to have a hard time hitting tough pitcher after tough pitcher in the playoffs which is a big concern. having guys like nava and carp both starting is just not good enough for a championship caliber team. yes nava has posted good numbers, but the reality is that he is a below average defender with no arm and is very streaky. he is a platoon guy who is starting because we didnt have many options, and if u look at his splits, he is only hitting .248 against lefties. he is not what you would call an impact hitter. lots of singles as opposed to extra base hits. this team is going to need top notch pitching in the playoffs if we hope to make it far. better line ups from farrell and co would certainly help on the offensive side of things. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I dont think its as bad as all that, but I am concerned about holding onto top seed. Playing Det in the divsional round with Verlander and Scherzer is not ideal. Got to have top seed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya for sure, playing detroit would be bad news, i dont think we would fare well against verland, scherzer, anibal and fister + detroits line up. we dont have the amount of offensive fire power as them and there rotation is slightly better as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The lineup was fine because Bradley is a nonhitter these days--absolutely must go with carp and nava.  The strikes against Bogaerts in the 9th were very tough pitches.  Gomes would have missed them too.  Sox weren't hitting and had 3 GIDP's.  

Uehara threw 3 straight fastballs to Casilla, the third on an 0-2 count, which absolutely should have been a splitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

ya for sure, playing detroit would be bad news, i dont think we would fare well against verland, scherzer, anibal and fister + detroits line up. we dont have the amount of offensive fire power as them and there rotation is slightly better as well. 

Cheer up Eeyore.  We did beat the Tigers 2 out of 3 the last time we played them.

And in spite of not having their 'firepower' we've somehow outscored Detroit by 30+ runs.

Must be Farrell's great lineups.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

The season is far over.  I bet you were one of the fans claiming that the Sox will blow the chance of winning the division title when Tampa tied Boston for the lead about three to four weeks ago.

Come on, Baltimore need the win badly where the Sox are trying to protect themselves from getting more injuries and know the next 11 games mean nothing to them.  But at the same time, they know that they would like to clinch the title and the homefield advantage asap.  

Remember Boston still have 2.5 lead over Oakland for the home field advantage.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Good lord...

And here's I was thinking one loss is no big deal, with a 9 game lead in the standing.

I had no idea that one loss would spell doom for the Sox in the playoffs.

HFXBob nailed it.

Eeyores...

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I don't care if we are 20 games up or 20 games out, I do NOT want to get swept by the Orioles at home EVER.....give what has happened to us the past 2 years, this is a game I feel we have to take tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

I don't care if we are 20 games up or 20 games out, I do NOT want to get swept by the Orioles at home EVER.....give what has happened to us the past 2 years, this is a game I feel we have to take tonight.

I'm sure the Sox will take that into account.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Good lord...

And here's I was thinking one loss is no big deal, with a 9 game lead in the standing.

HFXBob nailed it.

Eeyores...

You're a board veteran ...  you're not stunned by this, are you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I realize that you are being sarcastic but the truth is that the team SHOULD take this into account.  They let the O's b-slap them for 2 straight seasons and had the manager and other players call them out.  Sox have to stand up to them and end the madness.  They haven't won anything yet and the O's can make life miserable for us.  We have to win at all costs tonight to put them in their place then we can relax a little and prepare for October.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Thank god next year Xander Bogaerts will be starting at SS and not going 0-whatever against LHP.  Oh, and we will get a nice draft pick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Good lord...

HFXBob nailed it.

Eeyores...

You're a board veteran ...  you're not stunned by this, are you?

I shouldn't be, but I find myself surprised by the Chicken Littles, nonetheless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Thank god next year Xander Bogaerts will be starting at SS and not going 0-whatever against LHP.  Oh, and we will get a nice draft pick. 

Are you freakin seriously?   Bogaerts could not bring a man home two nite ago where there were a man on second base in the 9th innings as a tying run of the game!!

Also the last time he batted against left handed pitcher, he went 0-3.  What is your excuse for him going 0-3 against Sabathia??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I realize that you are being sarcastic but the truth is that the team SHOULD take this into account.  They let the O's b-slap them for 2 straight seasons and had the manager and other players call them out.  Sox have to stand up to them and end the madness.  They haven't won anything yet and the O's can make life miserable for us.  We have to win at all costs tonight to put them in their place then we can relax a little and prepare for October.

I bet you're a big fan of soap operas too...

The O's got some key hits, in the last two games that the Sox did not.

The rest is just meaningless noise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Are you freakin seriously?   Bogaerts could not bring a man home two nite ago where there were a man on second base in the 9th innings as a tying run of the game!!

Also the last time he batted against left handed pitcher, he went 0-3.  What is your excuse for him going 0-3 against Sabathia??

are you really going to judge Xander Bogaerts by a handful of at-bats?  the Kid is likely going to be a stud next year. I'm sure he will smash lefties as well.  

I don't need an excuse for why he went 0-3 against ONE pitcher on ONE night in his ROOKIE season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I bet you're a big fan of soap operas too...

The O's got some key hits, in the last two games that the Sox did not.

The rest is just meaningless noise.

My bad.  Last night's game was meaningless.  But just keep up w/ the insults and make yourself feel better.  Here you go:  the floor is all yours.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

My bad.  Last night's game was meaningless.  But just keep up w/ the insults and make yourself feel better.  Here you go:  the floor is all yours.......

Once the post-season starts, no one is even going to remember these game.

But, if you enjoy blowing things out of proportion, knock yourself out.

Sections
Shortcuts