Game Thread 153: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game Thread 153: Orioles at Red Sox

In response to joyceand's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot.

Tight, I hate to see people talking as if the Sox being in the playoffs as if it were a done deed.  It's not and they have just 8 or 9 games left.  Not such a great margin for error here.

We are certainly set up well to win best overall record, but so far we have clinched nothing. Red Sox fans should keep in mind the monumental choke job of 2011. This team is perfectly capable of either choking away the ALE, the best overall record, or just limping into the playoffs on a losing streak. I want to see them going in strong, playing good fundamental baseball unlike what they did last night. And Farrell has to wake up and MANAGE the team instead of playing dead like Francona did.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

it is impossible for the sox to not win the division.  there...i said it.

overall record is still up for grabs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

In response to joyceand's comment:

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot.

Tight, I hate to see people talking as if the Sox being in the playoffs as if it were a done deed.  It's not and they have just 8 or 9 games left.  Not such a great margin for error here.

We are certainly set up well to win best overall record, but so far we have clinched nothing. Red Sox fans should keep in mind the monumental choke job of 2011. This team is perfectly capable of either choking away the ALE, the best overall record, or just limping into the playoffs on a losing streak. I want to see them going in strong, playing good fundamental baseball unlike what they did last night. And Farrell has to wake up and MANAGE the team instead of playing dead like Francona did.

We don't even have to go back to 2011.  Despite the sox great record, they are having some issues with teams which they could meet in the first round.  Baltimore is once again being a pain in the rear in september.  Tampa plays the sox tough so hopefully the sox play the Yankees.

For my part, as long as the team plays good fundamental baseball and everyone does their best to win, including Farrell, the season is a success-even without a ring. I would like to see them go deep into the playoffs, but the improvement over the last two years could be immense-if they do not choke over the last few games. Thats success IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

This team is perfectly capable of either choking away the ALE, the best overall record, or just limping into the playoffs on a losing streak.

And what tipped you off to that?

The best record in baseball, or the fact that they haven't lost more than 3 games all season?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Chris Davis scares me here.

why did Farrell walk the mighty Steve Pearce knowing that Machado and Davis were up next????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

it is impossible for the sox to not win the division.  there...i said it.

overall record is still up for grabs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Irrelevant.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

The Sox have 9 games left with a magic number of 3.
    That's a huge margin for error, actually.

Home field advantage is the key and that lead is 2 1/2 over Oakland. If the Red Sox get home field, they play the Wild card team in the first round. If they don't, they get the Tigers. Big differrence.

Sections
Shortcuts