Game Thread 153: Orioles at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Re: Game Thread 153: Orioles at Red Sox

Well, the team I'd be most fearful of in the playoffs just won in 12. Texas had them but Nathan couldn't finish it off. Rays win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot. The team was sleepwalking tonight and Farrell gets an F for his managing of tonight's game.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot. The team was sleepwalking tonight and Farrell gets an F for his managing of tonight's game.

Very good point. This is no way to be heading TOWARDS the playoffs.  Many chances to score the last 2 nights with very little to show for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

Very good point. This is no way to be heading TOWARDS the playoffs.  Many chances to score the last 2 nights with very little to show for it.

I'm completely agree with this statement. I'm pretty sure I saw an ACE ticket commercial saying the Red Sox are in the playoffs get your tickets here. Really? When did they make the playoffs? Did I miss something? They aren't matching the Orioles' intensity. Bases load. No out. Nothing to show for it. Not good. They could make the '11 season seem like joke. I highly doubt it, but I do not like how they looked last night, or tonight. Against Bruce Chen. Yikes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

You shouldnt be worried about losing two games at home to an opponent that probably isnt going to the postseason. Here's what you ought to be worried about: what this mess shows is that the Orioles may be in their heads, and with this team of bearded conquerers that left the Rays and Yankees in their wake, that wasnt supposed to be possible. Guess what? It IS, and at any moment in the playoffs this kind of thing could show up. Which is why I wont trust this team til I see them hoist the trophy, or at least see them with a 3-0 lead in the WS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to AFNAV130's comment:

I'm completely agree with this statement. I'm pretty sure I saw an ACE ticket commercial saying the Red Sox are in the playoffs get your tickets here. Really? When did they make the playoffs? Did I miss something? They aren't matching the Orioles' intensity. Bases load. No out. Nothing to show for it. Not good. They could make the '11 season seem like joke. I highly doubt it, but I do not like how they looked last night, or tonight. Against Bruce Chen. Yikes. 

They will make the playoffs, but thats not the point. This year's "collapse" could well take the form of losing just enough games (mostly to by bending over for Baltimore) to lose HFA to Oakland or Detroit. Which, IMO, would be just about as bad considering where they are now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

You shouldnt be worried about losing two games at home to an opponent that probably isnt going to the postseason. Here's what you ought to be worried about: what this mess shows is that the Orioles may be in their heads, and with this team of bearded conquerers that left the Rays and Yankees in their wake, that wasnt supposed to be possible. Guess what? It IS, and at any moment in the playoffs this kind of thing could show up. Which is why I wont trust this team til I see them hoist the trophy, or at least see them with a 3-0 lead in the WS.

Agreed. But then again that can be said of any team. I can see it being natural to let off the gas a little bit, and if they win tomorrow night I'll be happier. Can't get beat 3 in a row, or lose 4 for the first time in a season with 2 weeks till game 1 of a possible ALDS. Just not good karma.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Agreed. But then again that can be said of any team. I can see it being natural to let off the gas a little bit, and if they win tomorrow night I'll be happier. Can't get beat 3 in a row, or lose 4 for the first time in a season with 2 weeks till game 1 of a possible ALDS. Just not good karma.

Oakland has also lost two of three to LA, and Det was crushed tonight by Seattle, similar conversations taking place on their forums: "Do you really want to go to Boston? You know how it is in the PS in that ball park. Here we had a chance to cut into their lead and we lose to LA/Seattle? Youve got to be kidding!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What? A little fickle. There's ebb and flow. These are all big league teams.  Going all the way means surviving a long gauntlet, no matter how good you are. It sounds then like you wouldn't be able to trust any team unless they play beer league softball teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

What? A little fickle. There's ebb and flow. These are all big league teams. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to trust any team unless they play beer league softball teams.

Haha, yeah. I only trust them when it doesnt matter. After 2011, I trust no one. In 2007 I had no doubt whatsoever this team was going to win it all. That kind of innocence just isnt possible after what we saw two years ago. Especially tonight, when we lose to Baltimore at the last second and watch TB walk off minutes later. If theyre different they can take a step towards proving it by winning tommorow night. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Number one. We are , without a shadow of a doubt, going to the playoffs.  Number two, that was not Bruce Chen. Number three, Buck Showalter is one heck of a good manager. Number four, we cannot be expected to win every game. Number five, we are in a very good position. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Number one. We are , without a shadow of a doubt, going to the playoffs.  Number two, that was not Bruce Chen. Number three, Buck Showalter is one heck of a good manager. Number four, we cannot be expected to win every game. Number five, we are in a very good position. 

Lol sorry. Not Bruce. Wei lyn Chen. Anyway, Showalter good manager? Yeah he's okay. Chris Davis won those games. And I have serious questions about him. Something is "off" there. But then again the Os had 50 homer Brady Anderson as well. Nothing to see there..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

2.5 ahead of Oakland, 3.5 ahead of Detroit with 10 to go (9 for us)--which is all that matters. Tampa is over and gone as far as the ALE is concerned. The position is good, but could be better. My thing is that I want TB OUT. I do not want to see their crappy little stadium and listen to their cow bells while they stumble around blindly and have some dumb luck play knock us out of the PS. I want them GONE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Number six: we have clinched NOTHING. Number 7: winning the ALE IS important. Number 8: winning home field advantage IS important. Number 9: Momentum entering the playoffs IS important. And number 10: Farrell screwed up tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Oh well.  At least both the A's and Tigers lost too.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot.

Tight, I hate to see people talking as if the Sox being in the playoffs as if it were a done deed.  It's not and they have just 8 or 9 games left.  Not such a great margin for error here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

The Sox have 9 games left with a magic number of 3.
    That's a huge margin for error, actually.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just want to point out that so far we have clinched NOTHING-not the overall best record, not first in the ALE, not even a playoff spot.

Really, what about the A's and Tigers???  oh wait...what about the Braves, Reds/Cardinals/Pirates and Dodgers??  These teams havent clinch the playoff either!!

Come on, stop expecting Boston will have an easy chance to clinch the title or homefield advantage as of today.  Boston had  a good run in the last three weeks where they pushed alot of teams away from the divisional title lead, and now they are facing the Orioles who are so desperate making into the playoff.   

Boston right now are in a good shape to win the divisional title within the next four days.  Orioles play Tampa for four games this weekend.  I do not think either team will sweep four games in that series.  More of 2-2 split or 3-1.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

With Tillman going tonight, Sox got their work cut out for them not to get swept. He's 3-0 with a 1.42 era against Boston this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

With Tillman going tonight, Sox got their work cut out for them not to get swept.

But Boston did beat him last time.  I bet Boston will come out tonite and beat him to send him a message that Boston is capable to beat him if they ever have to face him in the post season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

3-0 against Boston 1.42 era this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

3-0 against Boston 1.42 era this year.

you re right... maybe i was thinking of someone else

But all games that he pitched, Boston lost by one to two runs!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Your right, good game to snap out of it, against good and underated Pitcher. Going into Post-Season you'll be facing a good one every night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Orioles right back in WC 1 game back, they seem to have our number. I expect Showalter, going all out tonight.

Tampa and Rangers playing each other, Orioles need this win bad.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts