Game Thread 155: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 155: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Im so sick of Tazawa...almost every game he comes in he gives up runs...Eck says he gets a bad rap but i totally disagree.

He obviously can't get the Jays out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Thornton is another bum....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Thornton warming up.  Oh no!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Taz needs a week rest for sure.  He can't be trusted any longer in close game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Taz needs a week rest for sure.  He can't be trusted any longer in close game.

overuse absolutely needs a break.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

They have to use Koji for five outs, wow!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Koji doesn't look sharp either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That was a routine play and Don acts like JBJ ran a hundred yards to catch it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This is going to be the achilles heal of this team in the playoffs, the 8th inning. Cherrington needed to get a descent reliever for the 8th inning and did not. Its not Cherrington's fault that Bailey, Miller, and Hanrahan got hurt but he needed a reliever in this spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Arencibia scares me...not a good hitter but has power

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Koji comes through.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lets get a couple of runs now and not make this a full pack 9th inning.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Some of this was Salty.  He loves the fast ball, which the Jays werehitting, including the dinger,  but the forkball was working.  Salty did the same thing when the Orioles got the triple off Uehara. He called for three straight fastballs, and the triple was on an 0-2 count.  fastballs are fine except when the hitters know that's what's coming.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Some of this was Salty.  He loves the fast ball, which the Jays werehitting, including the dinger,  but the forkball was working.  Salty did the same thing when the Orioles got the triple off Uehara. He called for three straight fastballs, and the triple was on an 0-2 count.  fastballs are fine except when the hitters know that's what's coming.  

Very Good Point. Salatalamachia called for that pitch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A little surprising to see Uehara in for five outs. Maybe they have the champagne set up in the clubhouse and they don't want to have to put it back. 

Stabbed by Foulke

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

How does Bradley not swing at that pitch right down the middle of the plate. Come on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Koji comes through.

Yeah but they Sox are overworking this guy... someone else needs to step up....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Great hit by Pedroia

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

How does Bradley not swing at that pitch right down the middle of the plate. Come on.

I was thinking the same thing... Im am not sold on Bradley...he doesnt have a lot of speed and his base running instincts seem average at best... and yeah he has two hits tonight but I just dont see him as that good a hitter...I think with experience he improves but to think that he can fill Els shoes is a huge stretch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Middlebrooks is pathetic at bat, and not much better as a fielder.  Look for Bogaerts to steal the 3B job from him right out of spring training next year.  He consistently gets fooled with the outside pitch in the dirt that he couldn't reach with a broom handle.  Totally guessing up there.  In the field, I saw him miss a simple popup to foul territory last night that didn't even make it into the firs5 row.  Tonight,  another lazy ground ball that he had to rush to get to and E5'd that one also.  He's got nice pop when he runs into one, but... he's jus not good enough to be an everyday player.  Bring on Bogaerts.

Bogaerts should easily beat out Middlebrooks next Spring. Middlebrooks is a streak hitter but batting well below .250 doesn't cut it. Especially with making 10 errors in 130 games. Also, the Sox need to upgrade at SS. Drew has had a good 2nd half with some timely hitting. But he is only batting .256 and is an average fielder. It's amazing that ever since they replaced Nomar, SS has been a revolving door.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

I was thinking the same thing... Im am not sold on Bradley...he doesnt have a lot of speed and his base running instincts seem average at best... and yeah he has two hits tonight but I just dont see him as that good a hitter...I think with experience he improves but to think that he can fill Els shoes is a huge stretch.

His hits barely make it out of the infield. He needs more work at the Triple AAA Level. I am not sold on him at all yet unless he comes in as a defensive outfield replacement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Another bad play by Middlebrooks....he waltz over on that foul ball while Drew almost hurts himself to get it... again WM just doesnt cut it for me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Koji is money... love that guy....it was harder than it should be and the sox definitely have some BP issues but great year and lets hope it gets better...

Sections
Shortcuts