Division - punched  CONGRATS Sox !

Home field - ?

ALDS - ?

ALCS - ?

WS - ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Re: Game Thread 155: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Koji is money... love that guy....it was harder than it should be and the sox definitely have some BP issues but great year and lets hope it gets better...

Taz is shaky.  So are Thornton, Morales.  Breslow seems to be the lone dependable arm.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Too bad we couldn't put them away.  Now we won't have Uehara available tomorrow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

THEY OWN THE AL EAST!!!!!!!Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Happy Celebrations Everybody !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

Our starting pitching is great!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Way to go Sox!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Where are all the Lester bashers tonight. He's now 15-8/ 3.67 ERA/ 1.27 WHIP. He's given up only 2 earned runs in his last 15 inns, that pretty good. I really like our starting pitching going into the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

Love the helmet Gomes was wearing.  Quite a character. Still waiting for the Rays to lose. I'd like to see a Texas/Cleveland one game playoff without the distraction of cowbells. Congrats SOX!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to blingblang's comment:

Playoffs - punched

Division - punched  CONGRATS Sox !

Home field - ?

ALDS - ?

ALCS - ?

WS - ?

Congrats to the Sox.....unbelievable year......I was in the make sure you are rested for the playoffs camp, and I still want to make sure all the injured guys are rested and get healthy, but getting home field is looming larger for me now that the A's have pulled ahead of Detroit.....I wouldnt want to have the A's end up with the best record and have to play the Tigers in the ALDS.....with their pitching staff lined up the way Leland would want it.

Considering that both the Tigers and the A's finish against teams out of it and we will have to play the O's in Baltimore the last 3 games and it looks like we will lose the tie breakers to both of them....I think it could take 98 wins to get the best record.....that means 4-3 over the last 7...2 of which are in Colorado...with no DH, which means no Papi, since I do not think Farrell would risk him playing 1st base and then the 3 in Baltimore( who may be still playing for the WC......which means we better plan on winning these last 2 at home against Toronto.....Since I am sure tomorrow we will be playing the AAA squad, after the celebration, we are going to need a good pitching performance from Buch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

The story of 2013 : AN MVP EVERY DAY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i love this team....

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Give him time

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

In response to MustangBri's comment:

[QUOTE]

Middlebrooks is pathetic at bat, and not much better as a fielder.  Look for Bogaerts to steal the 3B job from him right out of spring training next year.  He consistently gets fooled with the outside pitch in the dirt that he couldn't reach with a broom handle.  Totally guessing up there.  In the field, I saw him miss a simple popup to foul territory last night that didn't even make it into the firs5 row.  Tonight,  another lazy ground ball that he had to rush to get to and E5'd that one also.  He's got nice pop when he runs into one, but... he's jus not good enough to be an everyday player.  Bring on Bogaerts.

Bogaerts should easily beat out Middlebrooks next Spring. Middlebrooks is a streak hitter but batting well below .250 doesn't cut it. Especially with making 10 errors in 130 games. Also, the Sox need to upgrade at SS. Drew has had a good 2nd half with some timely hitting. But he is only batting .256 and is an average fielder. It's amazing that ever since they replaced Nomar, SS has been a revolving door.  

[/QUOTE]

Drew has been really good this year.  He is one of the top offensive SS in baseball and his fielding has been solid.  He has done everything they wanted.  They don't need to upgrade at SS, they need to resign Drew.