Game Thread 156: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 156: Blue Jays at Red Sox

Nava swung at a ball in his eyes.  Bad night for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

WM is just not that good... I hope the Sox dont think that he is the answer at 3rd or 1st for that matter...his hitting is below average and his fielding is just about the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

This team has hit a drought for runs lately, since the Orioles series.  Finding it difficult to score, losing low scoring games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Had to expect a let down after last night's celebration.  Need to win 4 of last 6 for best record.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Need to get on a run in the last 6 games, or hope the A's and Tigers lose a bunch of games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Whats happening in Detroit tonight does not bode well for the Red Sox. All told, the Tigers sent 12 men to the plate scoring 6 in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game at 6. The A's and Tigers are hot, hot, hot, and my fear is the Sox have peaked too soon, and will be overtaken, losing HFA. If that happens, I dont give them much of a chance in the postseason, and it will go down as another collapse of sorts. Only 1.5 ahead of Oakland, and maybe 2.5 ahead of Detroit, and John Farrell thought it was a good time to rest 2/3 of the starting lineup, leading directly to a loss. Rest, sure, but not right now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The Sox took the night off. Great. Now get back to work and secure HFA or we will not make it far in the playoffs. Both the Tigers and the A's can easily beat us if they have HFA. Its critical. No more goofing off.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

The Sox took the night off. Great. Now get back to work and secure HFA or we will not make it far in the playoffs. Both the Tigers and the A's can easily beat us if they have HFA. Its critical. No more goofing off.

Calm down.  Sox have been the best team all year and they will bounce back.  With or without HFA no team will easily beat them.  They are magic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Calm down.  Sox have been the best team all year and they will bounce back.  With or without HFA no team will easily beat them.  They are magic.

Play Olivia Newton John as you post. If you believe that you are misguided. No one is magic, and if they have to go on the road to Oakland or Detriot their chances of winning are drastically diminished. I would constitute losing HFA as a collapse.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Play Olivia Newton John as you post. If you believe that you are misguided. No one is magic, and if they have to go on the road to Oakland or Detriot their chances of winning are drastically diminished. I would constitute losing HFA as a collapse.

IMHO this team cannot collapse this year, not any more. Winning the ALE=success. The rest is gravy. Certainly it would be nice to go to the Big Dance, but its already been a much better year than I expected. If we are to move deep into the playoffs getting HFA is crucial, and I think Farrell ought to be striving for that right now over rest. I expect them to bounce back as they have all year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

IMHO this team cannot collapse this year, not any more. Winning the ALE=success. The rest is gravy. Certainly it would be nice to go to the Big Dance, but its already been a much better year than I expected. If we are to move deep into the playoffs getting HFA is crucial, and I think Farrell ought to be striving for that right now over rest. I expect them to bounce back as they have all year.

I dont disagree, but losing HFA would be as much of a collapse as this current team could be capable of, which is bad enough considering. But that was all I meant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Baloney!  After all this team has accomplished this year you would say losing home field advantage is a collapse?  Wow!  What a fair weather fan you turned out to be Examiner.  This team has never been more than 1/2 game out of first all year.  They have not collapsed once and aren't now.  Oakland and Detroit are hot and playing dogs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I dont disagree, but losing HFA would be as much of a collapse as this current team could be capable of, which is bad enough considering. But that was all I meant.

We are only a game ahead of the A's and two ahead of the Tigers in the lost column. Those are two very good teams. I think "collapse" is not the word I would use to describe losing HFA to either of those teams. Its just baseball. If we were ahead by four games and lost it now, thats a collapse. We saw a collapse in 2011; we know what a collapse is. It would be unfortunate if the Sox don't even try to win HFA by playing their best players  because losing that advantage may prove critical to advancing to the WS. It would be a strategic mistake IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Baloney!  After all this team has accomplished this year you would say losing home field advantage is a collapse?  Wow!  What a fair weather fan you turned out to be Examiner.  This team has never been more than 1/2 game out of first all year.  They have not collapsed once and aren't now.  Oakland and Detroit are hot and playing dogs.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts