Game Thread 160: Red Sox at Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Game Thread 160: Red Sox at Orioles

RHP Clay Buchholz (11-1, 1.60) vs. RHP Scott Feldman (5-5, 3.57), 7:05 p.m., NESN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Game Thread 160: Red Sox at Orioles

Big game for Clay, had enough starts to really see if he's made good progress after injury. Last start 106 pitches. Win tonight puts pressure on the A's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

I dont understand why its Buck, Lester , Lackey. for the Balt match ups. Lester has already had a 6 day rest Buch will be on a 5 day. i would think they would be reveresed and Lester pitch tonite. Isnt Lester pitching game 1 which would be on the 2nd and that would be 4 days rest. Same with Lackey if he is pitching game 2 on 4 days rest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox wrap up Homefield, doubt Lackey pitches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

ya, i would think it would be Dempster or Douby as well

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Did anybody here really think the Red Sox would've won 96 games and having a shot at home field through out the playoffs? A lot of media had the Red Sox coming in last. What a difference a year makes GO SOX

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

There's a pretty good chance of that happening.Their magic number is 2 and Buchholz is pitching for the Sox and King Felix pitching against the A's tonight.

GO RED SOX !!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Big game for Clay, had enough starts to really see if he's made good progress after injury. Last start 106 pitches. Win tonight puts pressure on the A's.

What else does he need to show?  He has thrown 100+ picthes, had his entire array of pitches working and has been more or less dominant since his return.  Its not like he had a few clunky starts that we can write off to rust.  He has picked up right where he left off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Nava RF
    Gomes LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Drew SS
    Middlebrooks 3B

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Nava RF
    Gomes LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Drew SS
    Middlebrooks 3B

nice to see a full line up!!!  win tonite as well hopefully A's loses tonite which Boston will clinch the HFA!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pete Abraham         

Red Sox will get through the reg. season without a 4-game losing streak. Last MLB team to do that? 2005 Cardinals. Last Sox team? 1903

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to OutofTownPATS Fan's comment:

I dont understand why its Buck, Lester , Lackey. for the Balt match ups. Lester has already had a 6 day rest Buch will be on a 5 day. i would think they would be reveresed and Lester pitch tonite. Isnt Lester pitching game 1 which would be on the 2nd and that would be 4 days rest. Same with Lackey if he is pitching game 2 on 4 days rest.

I think they want extra work for Bucholz, they say he will pitch a simulated game on wednesday.  As for rest, playoffs start friday, so Lester and Lackey will each have 5 days rest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

What else does he need to show?  He has thrown 100+ picthes, had his entire array of pitches working and has been more or less dominant since his return.  Its not like he had a few clunky starts that we can write off to rust.  He has picked up right where he left off.

The stats were good in his three games back, but I wouldn't say he picked up where he left off.  He had some control issues with his fastball.  It would be good to see if he can get that command back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Out of town and Pats fan say a lot.  ALDS starts October 4, not October 2.  Those three are pitching because these are their games in the rotation.  On Sunday Farrell could use all five starters and one of them could still start on Friday in the ALDS. 

Reportedly, the ALDS rotation will be Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, and Peavy. Lackey is #2 because he is much better at Fenway than on the road. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Out of town and Pats fan say a lot.  ALDS starts October 4, not October 2.  Those three are pitching because these are their games in the rotation.  On Sunday Farrell could use all five starters and one of them could still start on Friday in the ALDS. 

Reportedly, the ALDS rotation will be Lester, Lackey, Buchholz, and Peavy. Lackey is #2 because he is much better at Fenway than on the road. 

The way I see it, he says he doesn't understand it.  So, if that was me, I would check it to see why.  I assume most experts have a pretty good idea of what they are doing, so if they do something strange, it's likely I don't understand or don't see something they do, unless it is Valentine.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Go big Papi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Go big Papi

Boston Red Sox   Congrats to Big Papi on yet another 30-100 season.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

I think Sox will split the games this weekend to end up 98 W as the only team in majors over 0.600.  With Lester on the mound, most likely they will do that today, and take it easy on Sunday, making it an inconsiquential game against the O's unlike 2011.

This team has shown good momentum going into playoffs, especially with the bats starting to light up the  board in the last 2 games.  They have a dangerous hitter who can open up the game from 1 through 9, and on the bench should someone have an off day.

I like this hitting coach, and the philosophy of making the pitcher work hard.

Here's to wishing them go deep in the playoffs, and bring the hardware back to the hub.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hodgkinsfl1. Show hodgkinsfl1's posts

Salty broke the single season Red Sox record by a catcher for doubles (Varitek, Fisk) last night. Puts him in good company. He needs to be resigned.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Looking at who's pitching for Mariners today, Sox better finish it today, with Tillman going tomorrow for Baltimore.

Oakland after beating King Felix, can easily sweep in Seattle.

Sections
Shortcuts