Game Thread 18: Royals at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Game Thread 18: Royals at Red Sox

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

Ask yourself this question? Think it over. Why be sarcastic to an audience that knows that you are being sarcastic? Isn't that a waste of time?

Deep, DEEP insight!

Didn't even make sense for pike, and that's saying something

Exam, how is your Dad doing?

Doing ok. Has a mild case of the shingles right now, but the cancer is still in remission. His numbers arent perfect, but theyre still better than they were before chemo.

Good to hear. Just have to keep on top of it. Shingles are painful, but will pass

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Is Carp the same guy who played Ooogie in the movie There's Something About Mary???

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Very nice start for Webster. It has been a long time since the Red Sox pitching has looked as good as it has for the first 18 games. They are deep with starters and with the exception of Hanrahan the bp has been fabulous.

Well, Bailey has been just as shakey as Hanrahan, just luckier w/ the umps. Luckier w/ the wind too I think.

Hanrahan has given up 6 hits and 5  walks in 4 and 2/3 innings. HIs ERA is 11.57

Bailey has given up 5 hits and 3 walks in 8 and 1/3.

Bailey has struck out 13, I repeat 13 guys in those 8 and 1/3 innings. His ERA is 2.16.

No offense, but Bailey has not been "just as shaky" I am not really sure what you are talking about.

Not sure, really? Bailey blew a save last week. He looked absolutely dreadful on Sat. Plus the umps haven't pressed him like they did Hanrahan. He's been just as shakey. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Reverse pivot theivery.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Is Carp the same guy who played Ooogie in the movie There's Something About Mary???

LOL...there is an actor that looks like him. I noticed it yesterday. Dont know his name, but he was in The Matrix Reloaded also. He was the dude woth the dreadlocks that could disappear, was in the freeway scene fighting Morpheus on top of the truck. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Very nice start for Webster. It has been a long time since the Red Sox pitching has looked as good as it has for the first 18 games. They are deep with starters and with the exception of Hanrahan the bp has been fabulous.

Well, Bailey has been just as shakey as Hanrahan, just luckier w/ the umps. Luckier w/ the wind too I think.

Hanrahan has given up 6 hits and 5  walks in 4 and 2/3 innings. HIs ERA is 11.57

Bailey has struck out 13, I repeat 13 guys in those 8 and 1/3 innings. His ERA is 2.16.

No offense, but Bailey has not been "just as shaky" I am not really sure what you are talking about.

Not sure, really? Bailey blew a save last week. He looked absolutely dreadful on Sat. Plus the umps haven't pressed him like they did Hanrahan. He's been just as shakey. 

Nope...not even close.

I just broke it down for you. I am talking about results. You're talking about hypotheticals.

Bailey has good results. Hanrahan has horrible results.

If you want to blame the results on the wind and the umps that is up to you.

But Bailey has been much, much, much better than hanrahan.

Hanrahan would need to pitch about 24 scoreless innnings to get his ERA to where Baileys is now. That is a lot of wind and bad calls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i really wish they would stop putting miller in the game in situations like this....he is bad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL...there is an actor that looks like him. I noticed it yesterday. Dont know his name, but he was in The Matrix Reloaded also. He was the dude woth the dreadlocks that could disappear, was in the freeway scene fighting Morpheus on top of the truck. 

Are you on Crack!?!  LOL   :)   He's Oooogie from There's Something About Mary!   Watch when a really cute blond interviews him!  He starts breaking out w/ sores all over his face.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Are you f'n kidding me?!?!   Inexcusable! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

a four pitch walk with the bases loaded.....pathetic. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im about sick of Miller. Guy simply cannot throw strikes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Napoli is damaged goods. No way the Sox should have signed him......

+1 on your sarcasm . Where is the matching emoticon or winking face?

No need pikey. Everyone who knows me knew it. The commenter who complained probably doesnt know me. Your deep insight into all of us is why we love you pike.

For the record, I quite clearly said " if you were serious".... and if you think my comments following was a complaint.... look in the dictionary under "complaint"  

Dude, check modern slang dictionary under "lighten up". 

How about you check it first dude...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why is this relevant in a gamethread while the score is tied in the bottom of the 9th?

See his question, that will answer yours. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I just knew Miller was going to walk Cain.  Apparently Farrell didn't!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Are you on Crack!?!  LOL   :)   He's Oooogie from There's Something About Mary!   Watch when a really cute blond interviews him!  He starts breaking out w/ sores all over his face.

Never even seen Sometihg About Mary. Just noticed Carp looks like the guy from Matrix. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

That is just flat out unbelievable!  I don't understand leaving him in?  Miller has really developed a serious case of the nerves with RISP this season.  Don't know what happened to him this year, but Farrell never should have left him in!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

If Pike would shut the hell up, none of this would have happened!

My god is this guy a complete buzz kill!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Nope...not even close.

I just broke it down for you. I am talking about results. You're talking about hypotheticals.

Bailey has good results. Hanrahan has horrible results.

If you want to blame the results on the wind and the umps that is up to you.

But Bailey has been much, much, much better than hanrahan.

Hanrahan would need to pitch about 24 scoreless innnings to get his ERA to where Baileys is now. That is a lot of wind and bad calls.

I wasnt necessarily talking about results. Results are flip of a coin when you're that shakey.

Also Bailey has pitched twice the amount of innings. 

Wind & umps are a part of baseball, no? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I wish the pitcher would hit Salty's bat once in awhile.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Middy is useless at this point!