Game Thread 18: Royals at Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Game Thread 18: Royals at Red Sox

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Is Carp the same guy who played Ooogie in the movie There's Something About Mary???

LOL...there is an actor that looks like him. I noticed it yesterday. Dont know his name, but he was in The Matrix Reloaded also. He was the dude woth the dreadlocks that could disappear, was in the freeway scene fighting Morpheus on top of the truck. 

Are you on Crack!?!  LOL   :)   He's Oooogie from There's Something About Mary!   Watch when a really cute blond interviews him!  He starts breaking out w/ sores all over his face.

Never even seen Sometihg About Mary. Just noticed Carp looks like the guy from Matrix. 

Classic movie!  You will swear it's Oooogie is Carp.  Dead ringer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

That is just flat out unbelievable!  I don't understand leaving him in?  Miller has really developed a serious case of the nerves with RISP this season.  Don't know what happened to him this year, but Farrell never should have left him in!

he should have never put him in.....the guy is just not a good pitcher

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Middy is useless at this point!

That three home run game put him in a deep funk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not surprised at all by this. Theyve been asking for it all night. The missed opportunities, the slop, saw this coming. Lousy day of baseball over all, especially so after the great win yesterday. If not for Nava, they get swept in this series. Not a good sign. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

If Miller can't be trusted in a close game it's time to get rid of him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Very nice start for Webster. It has been a long time since the Red Sox pitching has looked as good as it has for the first 18 games. They are deep with starters and with the exception of Hanrahan the bp has been fabulous.

Well, Bailey has been just as shakey as Hanrahan, just luckier w/ the umps. Luckier w/ the wind too I think.

Hanrahan has given up 6 hits and 5  walks in 4 and 2/3 innings. HIs ERA is 11.57

Bailey has given up 5 hits and 3 walks in 8 and 1/3.

Bailey has struck out 13, I repeat 13 guys in those 8 and 1/3 innings. His ERA is 2.16.

No offense, but Bailey has not been "just as shaky" I am not really sure what you are talking about.

Not sure, really? Bailey blew a save last week. He looked absolutely dreadful on Sat. Plus the umps haven't pressed him like they did Hanrahan. He's been just as shakey. 

Nope...not even close.

I just broke it down for you. I am talking about results. You're talking about hypotheticals.

Bailey has good results. Hanrahan has horrible results.

If you want to blame the results on the wind and the umps that is up to you.

But Bailey has been much, much, much better than hanrahan.

Hanrahan would need to pitch about 24 scoreless innnings to get his ERA to where Baileys is now. That is a lot of wind and bad calls.

I wasnt necessarily talking about results. Results are flip of a coin when you're that shakey.

Also Bailey has pitched twice the amount of innings. 

Wind & umps are a part of baseball, no? 

I know you werent talking about results.

Lets try this another way. Bailey has pitched 9 and 1/3, a complete game basically.

He has given up 2 runs, with 5 hits and 3 walks. He has struck out 15. He has a 0.86 WHIP.

this is not "shaky"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Middy is useless at this point!

Black hole describes both Middlebrooks and Salty... and for that matter Drew... an offense cant consistently win with such a bad bottom of the order...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Breslow and Morales are on their way back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

KC has a good team and has been impressive. Red Sox have battled them tooth and nail. Sox need more offensive clout.  The Sox pitching has  been much more than expected. No need to over react here. Many of Sox wins and losses have been close.  Middlebrooks needs to return to form. Napoli has been great.

No Vic, no Papi. Wasted chances. KC good team. oh well

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He may be sent down, if he can, when Morales returns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

Middy is useless at this point!  +1

=

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Very disappointing to lose a doubleheader at home to this mediocre team. A total letdown from the high of yesterday. A lack of clutch hitting and clutch pitching. A choke job. Our vaunted bullpen outclassed by the Royal's little known , but hard throwing relievers. Bad base running. Miller with his usual lack of control. The tiresome sight of Salty and Middlebrooks striking out in the middle of the order.  Just a day to forget. Let's hope it is not the beginning of the collapse. Just a very poor performance today. There is nothing else to say. They should be embarrassed. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's a goner when Breslow comes back.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Hitters scored 4 runs, but the bullpen gave up 2 and Ciriaco 1 on a terrible throw.  KC has a good pitching staff.  

Salty looked kind of dumb swinging on a 2-0 pitch with the pitcher looking shaky in the day game, 8th inning, bases loaded.    

Middlebrooks looks lost at the plate.  Especially against breaking balls.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Very disappointing to lose a doubleheader at home to this mediocre team. A total letdown from the high of yesterday. A lack of clutch hitting and clutch pitching. A choke job. Our vaunted bullpen outclassed by the Royal's little known , but hard throwing relievers. Bad base running. Miller with his usual lack of control. The tiresome sight of Salty and Middlebrooks striking out in the middle of the order.  Just a day to forget. Let's hope it is not the beginning of the collapse. Just a very poor performance today. There is nothing else to say. They should be embarrassed. 

My fear exactly. When you look at some of the guys on this team, you have to accept that a collapse is a possibility. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Very nice start for Webster. It has been a long time since the Red Sox pitching has looked as good as it has for the first 18 games. They are deep with starters and with the exception of Hanrahan the bp has been fabulous.

Well, Bailey has been just as shakey as Hanrahan, just luckier w/ the umps. Luckier w/ the wind too I think.

Hanrahan has given up 6 hits and 5  walks in 4 and 2/3 innings. HIs ERA is 11.57

Bailey has given up 5 hits and 3 walks in 8 and 1/3.

Bailey has struck out 13, I repeat 13 guys in those 8 and 1/3 innings. His ERA is 2.16.

No offense, but Bailey has not been "just as shaky" I am not really sure what you are talking about.

Not sure, really? Bailey blew a save last week. He looked absolutely dreadful on Sat. Plus the umps haven't pressed him like they did Hanrahan. He's been just as shakey. 

Nope...not even close.

I just broke it down for you. I am talking about results. You're talking about hypotheticals.

Bailey has good results. Hanrahan has horrible results.

If you want to blame the results on the wind and the umps that is up to you.

But Bailey has been much, much, much better than hanrahan.

Hanrahan would need to pitch about 24 scoreless innnings to get his ERA to where Baileys is now. That is a lot of wind and bad calls.

I wasnt necessarily talking about results. Results are flip of a coin when you're that shakey.

Also Bailey has pitched twice the amount of innings. 

Wind & umps are a part of baseball, no? 

I know you werent talking about results.

Lets try this another way. Bailey has pitched 9 and 1/3, a complete game basically.

He has given up 2 runs, with 5 hits and 3 walks. He has struck out 15. He has a 0.86 WHIP.

this is not "shaky"

He's had one "lights-out" save.. & that was vs. the tribe. Now you're adding #'s he didn't accumulate during his save chances. He's been shakey. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

And when they get here we need to rid ourselves of Miller once and for all. He is consistently wild and has been that way throughout his career. Miller goes. If we can get something for him great; if not, he is released.

Breslow and Morales are on their way back.

Sections
Shortcuts