Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister

Would it really surprise anybody if this team started off 0-8 ? They look as bad as they did last year. I am so glad that the hiters had a good Spring Training. I think this is going to be a long year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Guess I shouldn't be upset that I'm stuck watching Brewers-Cards.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister": [QUOTE]Would it really surprise anybody if this team started off 0-8 ? They look as bad as they did last year. I am so glad that the hiters had a good Spring Training. I think this is going to be a long year Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] It won't be 0-8, but I'm not expecting them to get off to the good start that everyone says they "have to" get off to. Probably ain't gonna happen.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister : If you are correct, then why not bring up Iglesias? Shake up the team.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

last year the offense started this way until jed lowrie became the sparkplug that ignited the offense and from there it was all over. we need someone else to do that and just get some consistent hitting. iggy would NOT do that. you dont shake uip the team after 2 games

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Looks like they picked up right where they left off last year. response to "Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister": [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister": It won't be 0-8, but I'm not expecting them to get off to the good start that everyone says they "have to" get off to. Probably ain't gonna happen. Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

They started poorly last year and then caught fire before the infamous September.  Pitching will determine how far they go again...hitting will come.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

2004idiots has assigned himself the right name with all this talk of energizing the hitters when the problem is demonstrably the pitching. Today Beckett stinks, pure and simple. Thursday it was the bullpen who could have given up a lot more runs if Detroit had needed them. We are right back in September when the Sox had the worst ERA in MLB. Am I disappointed in the hitting? Certainly. But right now a murderers row could not save this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Becketts thumb has to be bothering him.....no curveball, just hanging over the plate

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Can't better pitching than the Sox got yesterday out of Lester.  Today is a bit different but it is hard to win games when you don't score runs.  Too early in the season I guess to do anything but complain.  I believe it's his thumb...he didn't look this bad in ST...not a lot of movement on his fastball either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hmmm, could andrewmitch have been right?

Just another terrible Theo signing.  There is no team in baseball that wouldn't trade for him or even pick up his contract.

Beckett hasn't had good stuff for a long time now.  Folks, it's gonna get worse.  So hold on tight!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Beckket is a disaster.

Are we going to have to watch another april like last year? 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, are they a better team this year?

Beckett usually saves this kinda garbage for August and Septmeber.  His arm is toast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister": [QUOTE]Please bring back Jose Iglesias. Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] Another brilliant insight. Iglesias can't hit and can't field dingers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 2 : Red Sox at Tigers Beckett vs. Fister : I'm hoping that Buchholz,Doubront, and Bard look good.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Right - all guys who have started in the ML's since when???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Very likely Beckett to the DL. 

Sections
Shortcuts