Game Thread 30: Red Sox at Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Game Thread 30: Red Sox at Rangers

i guess we got a reality check this weekend. We still have hitting issues. Larry Luchinno was putting the whole Front Office in for Medal of Honors in April. Lets see how they bounce back after this weekend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not over yet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Now it is....nite all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

i guess we got a reality check this weekend. We still have hitting issues. Larry Luchinno was putting the whole Front Office in for Medal of Honors in April. Lets see how they bounce back after this weekend.

Al I knew this was coming simply because its Texas. The Sox cannot handle Texas down there. The team is still a good team, but Ive expected to lose this series, and honestly, to probably get swept tomorrow. Lester is coming off a mediocre outing, and is due for a real dud. Add Darvish to that, and the problems at Texas and you see what I mean.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Now its over you happy Sox fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Just keeping it real friend. I said when this series started that it would not go well for the Sox. What part of what I said was wrong? 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Keeping what real. negative thats real.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I prefer even if my team loses something was positive.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Your going to lose games in baseball that the way it works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Just keeping it real friend. I said when this series started that it would not go well for the Sox. What part of what I said was wrong? 

Absolutley nothing. I feel why waste your time if you feel your team, will lose anyway.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

You lose 2 games dont lose a 3rd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Your going to lose games in baseball that the way it works.

This was the test this weekend. I guess the Rangers were the class of the American League and Houston is not Texas.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Lackey will deliver tonight...just a feeling

He delivered the mediocrity he usually does.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

examiner:  You are not negative.  The sox can beat up on all the bad and average teams, but it is texas and the good teams they will face in the post season. People can post Ortiz's average all day, but a single and a double against texas is not the production expected from a 15 million dh.

Hes allowed to have a couple 1-4 games. Has he not earned his money so far?  21-47   8 2b  3HR  15RBI  1.279 OPS...Or are you just going to concentrate on the not so good games?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I agree, they have to hit against the better teams. 1-4 isnt the best, but he hit the ball hard the other 2-3 times as well, just went right at someone.I know thats not productive in the end, I understand that. but its not like hes striking out or hitting little squibbers to 2b, which would concern me a lot more than hitting deep hard hit outs.

That seemed like the theme last night. Hard hit balls that went right at someone. Back at it this afternoon. Need to come home breaking even.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

examiner:  You are not negative.  The sox can beat up on all the bad and average teams, but it is texas and the good teams they will face in the post season. People can post Ortiz's average all day, but a single and a double against texas is not the production expected from a 15 million dh.

Hes allowed to have a couple 1-4 games. Has he not earned his money so far?  21-47   8 2b  3HR  15RBI  1.279 OPS...Or are you just going to concentrate on the not so good games?

I would like to see him do well against the teams who matter and who we might see in the post season.  This is one of the problems I have had with ortiz.  His last two post seasons have not been good, one of them was 1 for 13. 

When I have posted that he does not do well against the better teams, most here tell me I am crazy. Yes, so far he has been on fire but those prior stats don't matter in this series.  One more game today so hopefully I will have to eat those words later on.

You have to look at his full body of work, not just how he does against one team or in a single series. So far this year its .447/1.279. That is not a sustainable pace for anyone, meaning he is likely to fall off during some games. The most likely teams he will not do well against are those with good pitching, and the last time I checked the Rangers were leading the AL in ERA. No one else really has done well over the first two games against the Rangers; its not useful to single out Ortiz as someone who has not hit in Texas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I agree, they have to hit against the better teams. 1-4 isnt the best, but he hit the ball hard the other 2-3 times as well, just went right at someone.I know thats not productive in the end, I understand that. but its not like hes striking out or hitting little squibbers to 2b, which would concern me a lot more than hitting deep hard hit outs.

That seemed like the theme last night. Hard hit balls that went right at someone. Back at it this afternoon. Need to come home breaking even.

no doubt he is hitting the ball hard.  No doubt he is going to soon go on a home run tear, possibly this home stand.  But if he goes quiet against the good teams like Texas during the regular sesaons, then most likely he will be quiet against them in the post season as well.

A lot of good hitters bats go quiet against the best pitching. Texas has a great rotation. Thats why when we play teams with solid rotations, our pitching has to be on their game. Doubie wasnt and lackey was just Ok.