Napoli 1B
    Carp LF
    Ross C
    Drew SS
    Ciriaco 3B
    Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (4-0, 3.11).

RANGERS (19-11)
    TBA
    Pitching: vs. RHP Yu Darvish (5-1, 2.33).

Game time: 3:05 p.m.

TV/Radio: NESN / WEEI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Re: Game Thread 31: Red Sox at Rangers

Bailey continued to have discomfort in his bicep yesterday and was not cleared to pitch. A team doctor will examine Bailey on Monday in Boston.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

GA 04 and mryazz....hope you guys are having a good Sunday...enjoy your game...tough one last night..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

GA 04 and mryazz....hope you guys are having a good Sunday...enjoy your game...tough one last night..

Thanks jete02fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Bailey continued to have discomfort in his bicep yesterday and was not cleared to pitch. A team doctor will examine Bailey on Monday in Boston.  

1st it was his thumb, now it's  his bicep; is his back going to be next? thank goodness the SOX have a healthy hanrahan.

Now I completely understand why they got Hanny. BC gets another good grade for that one.

I knew Bailey had an injury history, but I didnt think he was JD Drewesque. Wow.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Red Sox arranging MRI for Bailey on Monday. Likely to dictate DL decision. Breslow could be activated if needed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Why have they waited this long--their pen has been taxed since Doubie's short outing Fri.

Wilson probably won't pitch until tomorrow. Ue, Taz, Miller and Mort seem to be pitching almost daily and Hanny hasn't thrown since Thursday--I would think he may have to throw today whether it's a save situation or not. I would think Doubie could throw an inning today if needed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Didnt see eith Hr, was listening to audio doing yard work, but both sounded like tape measure shots. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Rangers win 4-3 on a Beltre walk off single against Mortensen...Where was everybody again today?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Mort is not a clutch pitcher.  There was no doubt in my mind that Beltre was going to get a hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Adrian Beltre, how come we cannot get guys like that?  When the bad deals of theo are spoken, Adrian has to be mentioned.  Not signing this guy was a huge mistake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The Red Sox cannot beat the Rangers at Arlington. Period. Take the pill, get on with it and get ready for Minnesota. Its just like it used to be at Tropicana. No matter what advantage, matchup, or lead they are given in a game there, they will find a way to lose and will walk away having wizzed their pants and choked on it. Next.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

Adrian Beltre, how come we cannot get guys like that?  When the bad deals of theo are spoken, Adrian has to be mentioned.  Not signing this guy was a huge mistake.

Agree with you.  I have discussed this same topic many times with friends who are Red Sox fans.  I always thought that the Red Sox made a big mistake by not resigning him.  He is still a very productive player and contributes on a high level every season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

One of many Epstein made on his way out the door. He is absolutely the most overrated GM in history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

One of many Epstein made on his way out the door. He is absolutely the most overrated GM in history.

It does look like keeping Beltre would have been the right move.  But they opted to trade for A-Gon and put Youk at third.  At the time that didn't seem so bad.

Also we got 2 picks for Beltre that we used to draft Swihart and Owens.  So blast Theo if you will, but be fair.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

It does look like keeping Beltre would have been the right move.  But they opted to trade for A-Gon and put Youk at third.  At the time that didn't seem so bad.

Also we got 2 picks for Beltre that we used to draft Swihart and Owens.  So blast Theo if you will, but be fair.  

I am not going to blast Theo again today except to say he made some very bad decisions and left the club in a financial straightjacket. Beltre would have been nice to keep, but I did not expect him to be this good for this long. That said, thats not really my job: its the job of the GM. Swihart and Owens are currently minor league players with potential; nothing more.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

As a game thread I'm surprised that no one has asked the question why did Farrell leave Papi in to run for himself in the 8th inning? Cripes sakes wake up Farrell ! He's starting to think like Tippy and that's not a good thing. Drew is a failure. Salty is a 1Bman with no place too play in Boston. I've seen Clayton Mortenson more than I ever cared to see him. At this rate they will burn out the bullpen inside of another month. I know it's early and that the Sox have won quite a few games but the bottom of the line up hasn't produced since they sent Iggy back to the little leagues. Anytime a Drew shows up too play in a Sox Uni we lose.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

you too, jete. btw, are you sure you're a yankee fan?

LOL.....fairly positive....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

you too, jete. btw, are you sure you're a yankee fan?

LOL.....fairly positive....

and that doesn't make you a bad person.Wink

Sections
Shortcuts