Game Thread 34: Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Game Thread 34: Twins at Red Sox

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

This will be five losses out of the last six.  Will be tied with Baltimore. 

The Os are a more balanced team I think... good starters  really good bullpen and a consistent offensive team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I guess it is too much to ask of Remy and Orsillo to do some analysis of what is wrong with the Sox lately.  Are they noticing anything ?   Are they capable of any analysis ?  Do they even care ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Fans are overreacting to Allen Webster's disappointing start tonight just as fans overreacted to Webster's impressive first MLB start.

Webster remains a promising prospect who probably is neither as good as his first start suggested nor as bad as tonight's start suggests.

Nobody in the major leagues could possibly be as bad as tonight's start suggests. 

I've compared 23-year-old Allen Webster to 22-year-old Seattle starter Brandon Maurer who in an April 9 start surrendered seven hits and six earned runs in only two-thirds of an inning:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA201304090.shtml

... against the Houston Astros nonetheless.

Since that start Maurer has an ERA of 3.13 in four starts, including three quality starts (two against the Texas Rangers).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Strange play on the ball to Els. What was the call? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

That must've been an interesting double play to end the top of the seventh inning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We just need a touchdown.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Bright side is miller continues to be absolutely dirty, His stuff is really filthy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Bright side is miller continues to be absolutely dirty, His stuff is really filthy.

Very true but not so bright is Tazawa has been very hittable lately.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

It's about damn time a major network showed a Red Sox game.  

Yesterday, MLB network decided to show the Blue Jays vs. Rays game (and their 10 fans who attended the game) instead of the Red Sox vs. Twins.  Yell

Your on to something "Ice".....I live in Colorado and both ESPN and MLB networks have been showing a steady stream of Philadelphia, St. Louis, Cincy, Padres, Mets, Nats, SF, mostly National League teams.  Guess it has to do with us having the Rookies.  Every now and then we get to see an American League game.  MLB wants fans to sign up and pay a fee to watch certain teams.  Guess their not making enough money so they pretty much boycott American League games in favor of NL games in Colorado.     
                                                                           Frown

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

webster = dumpster?... funny buch accused of doctoring ball gets bombed, papi accused of PEDs and he's losing his streak... wow!

When did Papi get accused of PEDs recently? I must have missed that.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely time to yank Webster.....

[/QUOTE

Webster may be able to throw his fastball in the mid 90's, but it appeared to me that on the home runs, his fastball was right down the pipe, belt high.  No break at all....just heat which while it may work in AAA, it won't get the job done in the majors.  Wish him well tho.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to lucbom's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Definitely time to yank Webster.....

[/QUOTE

Webster may be able to throw his fastball in the mid 90's, but it appeared to me that on the home runs, his fastball was right down the pipe, belt high.  No break at all....just heat which while it may work in AAA, it won't get the job done in the majors.  Wish him well tho.

i'd rather give webster another start than ever have to see do-bee pitch again for boston. either put him on wavers or DFA him. 

I agree. I have had a gut full of Felix Doubront. He will never be a decent ML pitcher. Webster has a better chance at that. I would invent a phantom injury and make sure he stays at Pawtucket to provide "depth" at SP for when one of the other guys goes down.

Hey-it was a fun five weeks. Great run! Now the team is settling into where they belong. They are not the best team in baseball; they are not even the best team in the ALE any more. The Orioles are ;furthermore, the Rays and the Yankees are probably more talented as well. Its probably best if we are either on top by the ASB or so far out of it that the FO can completely concentrate on 2015 and make the necessary moves to make us competitive in a couple of years. Trading Ellsbury and Salty are a couple of moves I think that would top the list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The worst umpire in the history of baseball Ed Hickok! His strike zone ruined the kid tonight. He wouldn't know a strike if it jumped up and bit him on his backside. I'm sorry they need to start grading umps,with suspensions or demotions to the minor leagues if they are downright horrible, message to Nelson and Hickok prepare for the boos I'll personally be giving you two next time I catch a game either of you are umpiring. You both stink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

About a week and a half ago Luchinno was putting himself and the FO in for Medals of Honor. We overchieved and we are coming back to earth. This team is not talented enough in the hitting department, the Texas series showed us that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Sox are getting embarrassed. Stands are emptying. And Remy and Orsillo are acting like buffoons. 

Remy and Orsillo are baffoons!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:

Sox are getting embarrassed. Stands are emptying. And Remy and Orsillo are acting like buffoons. 

Remy and Orsillo are baffoons!

They really are idiots...im sick of their stupid banter about stupid things... Remy could say hello and Orsillo would crack up like a maniac..... so the team is getting beat bad and theyre in there joking around the whole game... 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Joel Hanrahan has an appointment to visit Dr. James Andrews on Friday.

Sections
Shortcuts