Game Thread 38: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Game Thread 38: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to georom4's comment:

where are all our resident BDC Cheerleaders? Like rats on a sinking ship....MAN UP BOOTLICKERS!

..... I got nothing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

See that big brown and green thing coming at you from below at terminal velocity? Thats the ground.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Miller not sharp today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Dempster looks sharp today. Good pickup. 

Yeah because a pitcher is only as good as his last start...

" What have you done for me lately " ?   That is my motto. 

You mean "I am extremely reactionary and a bit foolish"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

where are all our resident BDC Cheerleaders? Like rats on a sinking ship....MAN UP BOOTLICKERS!

What are you whining about this team was on pace for 115 wins before this slump. It is a long season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Dempster is morphing into DUMPSTER now. Can't say I didn't expect it. He is not quite there yet, so he is still Dempster until his ERA exceeds about 4 or so. Meanwhile, this team is returning to the form I expected. They stunk last year, and they will not be much better this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Victorino has just achieved official Dirt Dog status. Unfortunate that the same cannot be said of others on the field.

Examiner , I keep saying that this club has slipped into loser mode. But I keep getting told that it is just the " ebb and flow."   I wonder what the tide was like when the Titanic went down ?  

It was the ebb and flow of the North Atlantic. The ship will arrive soon. Meanwhile, remember when this team could be counted on for 90+ wins every year? Even if they didnt win the whole thing, you knew winning was in their DNA. This version has losing in their DNA, and they will revert to it every time, no matter how promising they start. How and why its happened is up for debate, but the fact that its happened seems clear. Before the series at Texas my thought was that if they won that series Id start to believe in them, and if they didnt, it was the beginning of trouble. They just simply arent that good, and what we're seeing now is what we expected when the season started.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What are you whining about this team was on pace for 115 wins before this slump. It is a long season. 

Ths team will be lucky to break 85 wins and sneak in with the second WC, and even that is very sketchy. Its a long season, true. Plenty of time to accumulate a lot of losses just like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Dempster looks sharp today. Good pickup. 

Yeah because a pitcher is only as good as his last start...

" What have you done for me lately " ?   That is my motto. 

You mean "I am extremely reactionary and a bit foolish"?

Are you still " very surprised " that Hanrahan is finished ?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Every team goes through periods like this. They will be fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

we have no good pitching i thought we were contendors this year boy was i fooled by aprils performance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ths team will be lucky to break 85 wins and sneak in with the second WC, and even that is very sketchy. Its a long season, true. Plenty of time to accumulate a lot of losses just like this.

There is no way in hell we are winning 85 games and sneaking into the playoffs because the team STINKS. Soon will come the time when its best for us to start losing as many games as possible so the FO cannot hide the kind of product they have burdened the fans with this year-and so the implementation of plans for 2015 can begin in earnest. Hopefully Henry will sell the team to someone who cares.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Nope. They stink. No more wins than 81 this year. If that works for you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this made me laugh...seriously...thank you for the most insane commentary ever regarding projected victories for any team - let alone the 2013 Red Sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

There is no way in hell we are winning 85 games and sneaking into the playoffs because the team STINKS. Soon will come the time when its best for us to start losing as many games as possible so the FO cannot hide the kind of product they have burdened the fans with this year-and so the implementation of plans for 2015 can begin in earnest. Hopefully Henry will sell the team to someone who cares.

we are already in third place in our division and sinking fast...wild card???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bal/NYY both winning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Only thing this is year # 4 .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

we have no good pitching i thought we were contendors this year boy was i fooled by aprils performance

We do have some good pitching, just not great pitching. Lester and Bucky are good, not great. Taz, Uehara, and Bailey are pretty good too if they are healthy. They started the day sixth in ERA in the AL, but that will drop a lot after this mess today. They made Chad Jenkins into Cy Jenkins today, as I predicted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Im trying to be as optimistic as possible because of all the pom poms on here, but youre right. Even that is unlikely. My guess is this team is in total freefall and will land in 4th place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

We are favorites to contend for the BATHROOM BOWL at the end of the season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Look for the " offense " to pick it up a bit , now that the game is out of hand and the pressure is off. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Im trying to be as optimistic as possible because of all the pom poms on here, but youre right. Even that is unlikely. My guess is this team is in total freefall and will land in 4th place.

No higher than fourth. It will be a fight to stay out of the cellar. Again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

We do have some good pitching, just not great pitching. Lester and Bucky are good, not great. Taz, Uehara, and Bailey are pretty good too if they are healthy. They started the day sixth in ERA in the AL, but that will drop a lot after this mess today. They made Chad Jenkins into Cy Jenkins today, as I predicted.

Anytime they face a pitcher for the first time and crap out, its always "theyve never seen him before", but the next team beats his brains out the first time they see him. The Sox used to sendthese  guys home quivering to their mommy when they came to Fenway. Remember those days? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If we finish in the cellar again , does Ben keep his job ?   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If we finish in the cellar again , does Ben keep his job ?   

Maybe not, but who is out there to replace him? And how much team, fan, and media turmoil are you willing to endure to try someone new?