Game Thread 38: Blue Jays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread 38: Blue Jays at Red Sox

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to AL34's comment:

Well at least the Front Office put together a bunch of good club house guys. what do you expect for a guy (Dempster) who tops out at 89 MPH. Did anyone expect that to translate good in the American League with an extra hitter to face in the DH. Great pickups in Gomes and Victorino who will be lucky to hit 8 homeruns this year.

Before today, Ryan Dempster this season already had faced all four AL East opponents, surrendering only six earned runs in four starts (and eight earned runs in three starts against other American League foes).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=dempsry01&t=p&year=2013

Before the avalanche , the mountain climbers were making good progress toward the summit. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Well at least the Front Office put together a bunch of good club house guys. what do you expect for a guy (Dempster) who tops out at 89 MPH. Did anyone expect that to translate good in the American League with an extra hitter to face in the DH. Great pickups in Gomes and Victorino who will be lucky to hit 8 homeruns this year.

Before today, Ryan Dempster this season already had faced all four AL East opponents, surrendering only six earned runs in four starts (and eight earned runs in three starts against other American League foes).

Before the avalanche , the mountain climbers were making good progress toward the summit. 

On a whole Dempster has pitched well this year.

Dempster isn't the problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In perhaps the greatest pitching season on record, Pedro Martinez in 2000 surrendered six earned runs in a start at woeful Kansas City:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KCA/KCA200008240.shtml

Ryan Dempster is no Pedro Martinez, but my point is that one bad start does not ruin a season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pedro could have an occasional bad start without causing any concern. Dempster had an ERA over 5 with Texas last year. Was today a bump in the road or an indication of what is to come ?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In perhaps the greatest pitching season on record, Pedro Martinez in 2000 surrendered six earned runs in a start at woeful Kansas City:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/KCA/KCA200008240.shtml

Ryan Dempster is no Pedro Martinez, but my point is that one bad start does not ruin a season.

You are right: its just one bad start. A bad start when we needed a good one. While I admit Dempster has exceeded expectations so far, like Lester, I do not trust him to be able to maintain his current performance. Lets see where he is around mid July or August.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I went to Cape Cod with my girlfriend over the weekend and we ate at a local restaurant that had the game on.

Check this out: 1 and 1/4 pound lobster, a large bowl of cole slaw, fries and a bottle of beer for $16.95.  Now THAT'S a bargain!!!   LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I went to Cape Cod with my girlfriend over the weekend and we ate at a local restaurant that had the game on.

Check this out: 1 and 1/4 pound lobster, a large bowl of cole slaw, fries and a bottle of beer for $16.95.  Now THAT'S a bargain!!!   LOL

Life is good if we will allow it to be. Don't get too upset by things that really don't matter. Enjoy it all while it is here. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Life is good if we will allow it to be. Don't get too upset by things that really don't matter. Enjoy it all while it is here. 

So true dgalehouse!!!   Laughing