Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox

In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox : Thanks you to Joel been watching the games and the game threads and its hard to say witch is more frustrating ??? Good to see the Sox put 2 together hopefully a few more wins will bring the game threads closer to normal !!!! On a side note the Red Sox have NOT LOST A GAME since the birth of my 3rd child a big boy at 9 pounds 14,8 oz 22 1/1 inches and I AM taking credit for the win streak!!!! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]
    Way to go, insider!  Mazel-tov!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

indeed, congrats on the new lad...jealous...mine are all grown up....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox : Way to go, insider!  Mazel-tov!
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Joel .......Are you attending any games on the west coast trip?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox : Thanks Joel .......Are you attending any games on the west coast trip?

Not this time around.  Still recuperating from foot surgery and having to wear a boot.  Too long a drive to have to deal with it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Jed Lowrie celebrated his 27th today;happy birthday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

He's still better defensively than Scutaro.   He has slightly better range and better hands (despite his back to back misplays).

Not true, Joe.

2010-2011 UZR 150 

Scutaro  -3.3
    Lowrie   -15.2

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]He's still better defensively than Scutaro.   He has slightly better range and better hands (despite his back to back misplays). Not true, Joe. 2010-2011 UZR 150  Scutaro  -3.3 Lowrie   -15.2
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, GM,  UZR is not the be all, end all.  I think if you look at their respective fielding percentages and batting stats (avg and OBP e.g.), you will find they favor Jed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Great win for the Sox - much needed.  That could have been win # 3 for Lester the way he has pitched. 

Now on pace to win 46 games.  It keeps moving up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Still not a perfectly clean game

Lowrie not hustling on a pop up and Salty not checking the runner on 3rd before throwing down to 2b could have come back to hunt us.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Could have, but didn't.  You are too intent on harping on the negatives, Andrew.  You'll almost always be able to find at least one in every victory.  Come on, man, this was an 8-1 win.  Enjoy it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Joel - because it's a serious matter.  Those are MENTAL ERRORS.  2 in one game.  No excuse for them.  I don't care if they are UP by 10 or 10 by 10.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox : Thanks J-Bay ......a new baby boy and 2 wins life is very goood!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't the birth have come a couple of weeks ago. Then maybe the Sox wouldn't have gotten off to a slow start.

That's poor planning if you ask me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/17 Jays vs. Sox : Couldn't the birth have come a couple of weeks ago. Then maybe the Sox wouldn't have gotten off to a slow start. That's poor planning if you ask me.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    He's got a point there, insider.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Joel - because it's a serious matter.  Those are MENTAL ERRORS.  2 in one game.  No excuse for them.  I don't care if they are UP by 10 or 10 by 10.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Sh!t happens. They'll get straight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When Joel?  These guys have been playing ball most of their lives.  Most have been playing professionally for at leat 5 years.  And they just finished a month's worth of Spring Training.  So you tell me - what is it going to take to

1)  Teach guys to run hard on EVERY batted ball

2)  To check the lead runner before trying to get the trailing runner out

I know Little Leaguers who have this down.

Yeah they got the W today but next time it may cost them.

Thowing a meatball or letting one through the wickets is one thing but this is controllable.  Or so I thought.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Andrew, when those mental errors obviously costs them games, I would assume the offender(s) will either get a talking to and not repeat the same mistakes or be sat down.  At least that would be my expectation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Wow, Joel.  Why wait until it costs them a game?  That's just bad managing.....it's also an easier discussion after a W than after an L

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

True.  I guess that's just one more reason why I'm not a major league manager.