Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox

3 in a row   5 and 10    lets  hope for a 4-2  trip    if the hitting   stays...
    great weekend   

everyone feeling better?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Excellent win. And Joel, you're right, the Celtics could learn from this. (Thank goodness the Knicks forgot about Amare out there).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice win. Keep it going out west.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : You are on a pace to assume the Andrewmitch Award for the Wettest Blanket on the forum.
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67[/QUOTE]

Lighten up, francis.

You are the wet blanket - stop taking the world so seriously.  You'll never get invited to parties acting like a tool.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Dome Arriagato Dice-K San   Hit the showers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : Are you in California?  I had box seats for Wednesday in Oakland - but had to sell them on stubhub due to my daughter's softball commitments.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    Post no. 5000.  It's starting to look like I need to get a life. 

Yes, S-G, I'm in Arcata, Humboldt County.  I'd have driven down for a game but I'm recuping from foot surgery, and it's too far to drive with the damned walking boot on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

congrats on the W guys, man, what was up with Dice K?...89 pitches, what was he, double-parked in front of Fenway or something...Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : Post no. 5000 .  It's starting to look like I need to get a life.  Yes, S-G, I'm in Arcata, Humboldt County.  I'd have driven down for a game but I'm recuping from foot surgery, and it's too far to drive with the damned walking boot on.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]congrats Joel, those are some Babe Ruth numbers...Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Thanks, Jete.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK Lackey and Buck are next.  Get QS's from both and 2 more W's in OAK and we've turned the corner.  Especially since the A's are an excellent team and we'll be on the road....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

I did see the game...but I came in by the 2nd inning and was afraid to pop on here....just in case it changed the mojo or something.....

Love the cat in the OP!! Of course, my cat Fenway is a black cat, but I've had her long before 2004. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I did see the game...but I came in by the 2nd inning and was afraid to pop on here....just in case it changed the mojo or something..... Love the cat in the OP!! Of course, my cat Fenway is a black cat, but I've had her long before 2004. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]

Any cats procured after 2004 are pink.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

you guys heading on what i like to call The Java Circuit...weird couple of games though, only two in Oaktown, and a 9:00 start Sat. vs the Halos..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : Any cats procured after 2004 are pink.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Last thing anyone needs is bandwagon cats. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : Last thing anyone needs is bandwagon cats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Love the cat in the OP!! Of course, my cat Fenway is a black cat, but I've had her long before 2004. 

Very cool..I have a pet named Fenway too..He's a chibeagle..great little dog..Great win for the boys today..Thats 3 in a row so its an official winning streak..On to the Westcoast!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]OK Lackey and Buck are next.  Get QS's from both and 2 more W's in OAK and we've turned the corner.  Especially since the A's are an excellent team and we'll be on the road....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    The A's are an excellent team ???? Im here in A's territory and they cant score runs to save their lives or hold a lead with the BP ........They have exelent starting pitching and thats it .....FAR from an excellent team........FYI they are 8-8 and in 3rd place in their division !!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

My new born son is 3-0 as a Red Sox fan and taking EVERY bit of credit for the last 3 !!!!!!!! Im thinking of informing the Red Sox of his power and hopefully they will offer him a spot ..........Maybe Wakes spot!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]My new born son is 3-0 as a Red Sox fan and taking EVERY bit of credit for the last 3 !!!!!!!! Im thinking of informing the Red Sox of his power and hopefully they will offer him a spot ..........Maybe Wakes spot!!!!!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]hey RSI, don't think for a minute that Wake won't  still be around by then either...Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : As someone said yesterday, maybe your wife should have induced birth at the start of the season.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    But then people would have just said its cuz the Red  Sox are sooo good ....He is only 3 days old but already has a flair for the dramatics!!!!!!!!!Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : hey RSI, don't think for a minute that Wake won't  still be around by then either...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    BY then ?????? I meant tomorrow when they come to OAK town!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Simple swap oldest player in MLB for the Youngest!!!!!!1

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]My new born son is 3-0 as a Red Sox fan and taking EVERY bit of credit for the last 3 !!!!!!!! Im thinking of informing the Red Sox of his power and hopefully they will offer him a spot ..........Maybe Wakes spot!!!!!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

Hey RS, first off congratulations!!  Second, the beauty of a golden child human talisman is that you don't have to even count them towards the roster, and thus they can't hurt the Sox vis-a-vis the lux tax.  I'm thinking Theo can get John and Larry to pony up something like $15mil and 10 years for your son's metaphysical skills.  Maybe a free Jungle Jumperoo and lifetime supply of diapers as signing bonus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

Oh don't worry he will be sitting him soon stating he needs a day off. Once the game starts he is like a deer in headlights.

[QUOTE]How can Terry even think of sitting Jed now?  He has to ride his bat until it cools off, doesn't he?
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : Hey RS, first off congratulations!!  Second, the beauty of a golden child human talisman is that you don't have to even count them towards the roster, and thus they can't hurt the Sox vis-a-vis the lux tax.  I'm thinking Theo can get John and Larry to pony up something like $15mil and 10 years for your son's metaphysical skills.  Maybe a free Jungle Jumperoo and lifetime supply of diapers as signing bonus.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Thanks alot Space .......and I you can tell Theo I will take that deal in a Carl Crawford minute!!!!!!!!!!