Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox

That was some play by Lowrie. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nice clean top of the eighth.  Love these no stress games.  I wish the Celtics could play a few of those, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TijuanaTornado. Show TijuanaTornado's posts

Francona should have let Dice-K back out for the 8th...  what's Dice-K supposed to think when he's got a one hitter going, a 9 run lead, and the manager yanks him?  Would not be shocked if he was pissed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox:
    [QUOTE]Surprised they didn't let Dice go out for the 8th.
    Posted by Flapjack07[/QUOTE]

I'm not. Let's sort out the bullpen, see what's going on there. Dice-K did his job. Later on in the year, I think we'll see that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]Francona should have let Dice-K back out for the 8th...  what's Dice-K supposed to think when he's got a one hitter going, a 9 run lead, and the manager yanks him?  Would not be shocked if he was pissed.
    Posted by TijuanaTornado[/QUOTE]

Dice-K shouldn't be anything other than relieved after finally turning in a good start. Abraham this morning said that a member of the Japanese media said that he was very nervous to be following the last two games from Beckett and Lester.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]Elvis, thanks for the tip (even if it wasn't for me) I'm on radio too.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]

thank gore for the internet...i usually get the mlb package cuz it is a value, full season, all teams, way better picture...but times are hard, last year of college for the kiddos 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Great play by McDonald.  I thought Carl had another knock.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Perfect managing by Francona taking Dice-K out after 7 innings.  He just pitched his best game in seasons. 

Let's put that performance in the bank now and build off of it.

Everyone can start climbing down off Francona's back now; do it in an orderly fashion - one at a time please.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Good grief, why waste a masterful performance when you have an 8-run lead? Unless he's working on a no-no, there's absolutely no reason to leave him in for the eighth.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : So 14 games is way too early to judge the team but you can judge that youk has his timing/stroke/power back from 4 at bats? Amazing!
    Posted by T-B-S-H-B-T[/QUOTE]

To Newbies: This is the forum troll who is an old man Yankee fan who is obsessed with the Red Sox and spends ten hours per day here. Most here humor him or ignore him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/18 Jays vs. Sox : To Newbies: This is the forum troll who is an old man Yankee fan who is obsessed with the Red Sox and spends ten hours per day here. Most here humor him or ignore him.
    Posted by JamaicaPlain67[/QUOTE]

Right, I thought about replying to him earlier, but realized it was a waste of time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Is anyone else STUNNED that the Jays have no one better than Patterson in their organization?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoGM1. Show TheoGM1's posts

Wakefield is just wasting a roster spot. when Albers comes back or Rich Hill who has yet to allow a run in AAA should be in the pen instead of wake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Good game, all.  See you on the left coast Tuesday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

great team effort. great pitching, offense. good way to end the home stand and hit the road running. have a good day everyone. late game tomorrow

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Red Sox now on pace to win 54 games.  The number keeps going up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Just noticed they recalled Oki.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Great series, I think this is jsut what they needed. Something to build on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

[QUOTE]Perfect managing by Francona taking Dice-K out after 7 innings.  He just pitched his best game in seasons.  Let's put that performance in the bank now and build off of it. Everyone can start climbing down off Francona's back now; do it in an orderly fashion - one at a time please.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

90% of the Tito bashing is done by the same four posters. They get a kick out of it.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

[QUOTE]Red Sox now on pace to win 54 games.  The number keeps going up!
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

You are on a pace to assume the Andrewmitch Award for the Wettest Blanket on the forum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Good game, all.  See you on the left coast Tuesday.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Are you in California?  I had box seats for Wednesday in Oakland - but had to sell them on stubhub due to my daughter's softball commitments.