Game Thread 4/19 Red Sox at Athletics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Re: Game Thread 4/19 Red Sox at Athletics

In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/19 Red Sox at Athletics:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/19 Red Sox at Athletics : Trot Nixon Autograph....August 30th.... Rochester Red Wings vs. Pawtucket....7:05pm
    Posted by OV

Hmmm....could change my travel plans a bit...we normally stay in Auburn, but could easily stay in Rochester for the night (we make our annual trip back east in two days...easier driving)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Just heard Victor Martinez went on the disabled list today?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Sure could use V-marts right handed bat???  Just a thought!  I'm over it.  :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

ooops!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team needs a left handed reliever who can get somebody out. Matsui will eat this guy up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya but remember tito has to start darnell and cameron because they are right handed and therefore will automatically hit lefties better thand drew and our home run leader ellsbury. If tito did his homework he would have realized that lefties hit anderson better than righties. Also, can we please just end the saltalamachia experiment already. He gets a passed ball practically every game now and cant hit his weight. Remember when we could have traded bowden for montero. Bet theo wishes he could do that one over again. And not to mention we had the chance to sign russel martin in the offseason but theo decided against that as well. Now martin has more homers and rbi than that our 3 or 4 hitter. Again, good work theo. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

And with that I bid you all g'nite.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Ugh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This is sad!  I thought our BP was supposed to be one of the best in the game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Okajima suc#s and good nite everybody you have been a great audience. Theo get a lefthanded reliever instead of signing this joke Okajima, another waste of money !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Sadly it appears that the Sox will maintain their perfect road record!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

AL34 got it right...time for bed.  Time for Rich Hill?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Okajima does in fact still suck!  Love what he did for us in 07, but he's absolutely NO MYSTERY anymore.  Give up the ghost!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

A hearty outing from Lackey blown.

But why take out Okajima now?  Just let him finish out and save the arms.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Why didn't Bard or Jenks pitch the 8th inning while we still had a good chance to win?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

This is sad!  I thought our BP was supposed to be one of the best in the game?
    Posted by traven

I think the BP is good but not if OKi is in it.... his time has come and gone yet here he still is?? Cant understand why the Sox cant get a better lefty for the BP than this guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Theo between Penny, (5 million), Cameron 14 million, Okajima 1 million, Smoltz 5 million. Thats a cool 25 million should have taken the money and thrown it in the wind for all the production they got out of these clowns!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

and with that, we will be 5-11. awesome. i am so glad i spent more money to get a new red sox jersey to watch this joke of a team. the gm cannot make a good signing if his life depended on it, the manager has no managerial skills whatsoever, the offense cant hit consistantly, the staff is unpredictable and unstable, and the bullpen is as inconsistent as they come. 170 million dollar payroll and not one reliable lefty in the pen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

There has to be a young left handed arm in the minors that can do better than Oki - would be hard to do worse. 

In Response to Re: Game Thread 4/19 Red Sox at Athletics : I think the BP is good but not if OKi is in it.... his time has come and gone yet here he still is?? Cant understand why the Sox cant get a better lefty for the BP than this guy.
    Posted by CASox

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Pick the best line up and stick with it no matter who is pitching.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Here here! On the 'end the Salty experiment!'  But then again, what do we know!  Why should we believe our lying eyes?~!?  CAN'T hit!  OK, a couple LUCKY dribblers....  CAN'T FIELD!!!!!!!  CAN'T!  CAN'T call a game.  How Lackey pulled that pitching out of his @$$????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pick the best line up and stick with it no matter who is pitching.
    Posted by lscheue

YES!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This will be make the Sox 0-7 on the road this year!!  I know they can't really be this bad but waiting for them to come out of this is really a trying experience! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

all we have in the minors is doubront and drake britton in terms of young lefties. the guy i would give a shot to is rich hill. he pitched great in spring training and has continued to do so. give him a shot, he cant be any worse than okajima. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I agree that Francona needs to quit tinkering with the lineup and let the team develop some chemistry.  Maybe Francona needs to take some time off.

Sections
Shortcuts