Game Thread 4: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Game Thread 4: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Was that the easiest looking opposite field HR you've ever seen???

NAPS is going to be a HUGE PLUS to this ballclub!  I don't miss A-Gon one bit!  Naps has not even begun to roll yet, and I'd take him on my ballclub over A-Gon every day of the year!

Loving this team!
    your stoned out of your mind.... A-gone is twice the player Naps could ever be. I like Naps a lot, but he is NO adrian Gonzale

429????   You're projecting :)  If only I were.  Kids.  Can't do it anymore :(

I honestly mean it!!!!!  I would take Naps any day of the week, & I couldln't be happier A-Gon is GONE! 

Of course A-Gon is the better player by a LONG.......  shot.  Not even close.  But for TEAM "chemistry," & attitude, I take Naps after seeing what I saw out of A-Gon.  I was done with his whining REAL EARLY!  Not completely fair, but it's how I feel....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ciriaco is a nice guy to have on the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Iggy can't hit a ball like that. unless it's a AA pitcher serving it up to him :p

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Does Iggy get those two hits?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

Out of curiosity, has anyone here actually faced, for real, a pitcher who threw 90?

Fortunately, no.  I proved I couldn't catch up with 85!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Iggy can't hit a ball like that. unless it's a AA pitcher serving it up to him :p

Actually, the only level where Iggy has had success with the bat is in A ball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Does Pedro realize this isn't the Yankees?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Out of curiosity, has anyone here actually faced, for real, a pitcher who threw 90?

Once....   About 34 years ago.  I've successfully re-cast it in my mind, to where I struck out, but ripped one down the 1st base line barely foul.  Would have been a home run!!!!

One friend, who never really liked me, claims I actually may have barely knicked a foul tip into the catchers mit with my eyes closed.  He claims my bat may have accidentally grazed the ball as I ducked out of the way????  Whatever!   6 of one, half-dozen of the other   :)

Thanks for the response.

My point is that a person really appreciates the definition of 'bat speed' when facing someone in the 90's.  Especially if they're wild. :)  It looks a hell of a lot easier to hit when watching the pitch while in your chair.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

so far so good with Doobie. 5ks, 0BBs and only 4 hits.

keep it up Doobs

You jinxed him!!   :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Ciriaco is a nice guy to have on the bench.

I agree perfect utility player : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

NAPS is going to be a HUGE PLUS to this ballclub!  I don't miss A-Gon one bit!  Naps has not even begun to roll yet, and I'd take him on my ballclub over A-Gon every day of the year!

Loving this team!

Hey, neighbor..

Howdy Amp :)

Watching the Sox in the BURG....   Life is good  :)

I'm done with this rain!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Once....   About 34 years ago.  I've successfully re-cast it in my mind, to where I struck out, but ripped one down the 1st base line barely foul.  Would have been a home run!!!!

One friend, who never really liked me, claims I actually may have barely knicked a foul tip into the catchers mit with my eyes closed.  He claims my bat may have accidentally grazed the ball as I ducked out of the way????  Whatever!   6 of one, half-dozen of the other   :)

Thanks for the response.

My point is that a person really appreciates the definition of 'bat speed' when facing someone in the 90's.  Especially if they're wild. :)  It looks a hell of a lot easier to hit when watching the pitch while in your chair.

I was watching a college game when a kid was throwing 95-98, depending on which gun you believe.  That was when I learned that it's true that a hitter can't actually see a ball above ~95MPH.  The eye doesn't move steadily, instead it moves in 'steps' and most people's eyes can't make those steps quickly enough to see anything over 95.  Instead it looks like a blur about 8" long.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Fortunately, no.  I proved I couldn't catch up with 85!

I appreciate your honesty..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Thanks for the response.

One of my favorite things about heading back east in the summer is hitting the batting cages on the Cape with my brothers.  It's always a laugh, now that we're all pushing 50, just trying to catch up to the FAST cage.  Now adays, it takes us a few time through to catch up to the SLOW cage balls..  LOL

Now I have to factor in 3 ice down days after..... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

Thanks for the response.

I was watching a college game when a kid was throwing 95-98, depending on which gun you believe.  That was when I learned that it's true that a hitter can't actually see a ball above ~95MPH.  The eye doesn't move steadily, instead it moves in 'steps' and most people's eyes can't make those steps quickly enough to see anything over 95.  Instead it looks like a blur about 8" long.

Sometimes they'll also make a slight 'humming' noise.  Maybe that's where the term 'hummer' originated.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

this ump needs his eyes checked

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are stranding too many baserunners. I don't think four runs will win this game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Except when the Sox are playing them I'm going to root for the Jays because this environment is good for baseball. That place looks like a blast.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Loving this team!

Hey, neighbor..

Howdy Amp :)

Watching the Sox in the BURG....   Life is good  :)

I'm done with this rain!

I'm tellin ya that you'll have to come over one of these days.  Just let me know ahead of time so I can stock up on the beer.

Check your message box...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

Does Pedro realize this isn't the Yankees?

LOL, Joel

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Faced 90 -- whiffed 1-2-3.

I did, however, blast a double on a pitch clocked at 88 -- down the RF line. I was so late on the pitch it got chalk then bounced in foul territory. I probably could have had a triple out of it because the RF was playing me straightaway (for some strange reason). The hit came on strike one where I started swinging when the pitcher was in his windup (LOL). Luckiest hit I ever got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Thanks for the response.

One of my favorite things about heading back east in the summer is hitting the batting cages on the Cape with my brothers.  It's always a laugh, now that we're all pushing 50, just trying to catch up to the FAST cage.  Now adays, it takes us a few time through to catch up to the SLOW cage balls..  LOL

Now I have to factor in 3 ice down days after..... 

Hard to beat the Cape in the summer, SSDD.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

JBJ with the not-so-stellar play

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

JBJ with the not-so-stellar play

That was a very tough play no matter how he played it

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts