Game Thread 5: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Game Thread 5: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Wow all these people on here feeling bad for Lackey. The last 3 yrs people have been killing this guy now they feel sorry him, pathetic. 

Is Stan17 from Stalag 17???  Where has he been?  Did he miss the bobbsey twin act with Beckett these past 3 years???

Beckett's gone.  Lackey has come back with a totally new attitude and in great shape.  We've been pulling for him for that reason.  As knowledgeable fans, we're willing to give the guy a fresh start.

What are you so confused about?

I'm not confused about anything fool but clearly your just another fickle sox fan. Crushing him 1 minute then he's your fav the next.  

I'm sorry you don't understand sports.  I'm sorry you don't seem to understand the nature of being a FAN of a TEAM.  I'm sorry you don't understand that when one of your players is doing things inside and outside of the lines to kill YOUR TEAM, fans tend to get a bit "aggravated," and will openly express said aggravation.

When the same player makes some changes and is CLEARLY putting out maximum effort, with a radically DIFFERENT positive attitude, fans of THEIR TEAM will get right behind the guy!

You still seem so conused???  You probably would never understand, so I won't waste my time.

:)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

That was a rather mammoth blast. 3rd deck facade?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Didn't see Lackey's injury. Too bad for him. I had high hopes that he would return to mediocrity this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Even though I think he has good stuff (at least most of the time), I am surprised the Sox brought him back after all the problems he caused last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Didn't see Lackey's injury. Too bad for him. I had high hopes that he would return to mediocrity this season.

Looked better than good, pumpsie. Hopefully, it's not as bad as it looked, but I'm not counting on it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Napoli has, for the most part, looked like dung

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Game over. Thanks "ACE"

i can't stand the guy...i just can't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Looked better than good, pumpsie. Hopefully, it's not as bad as it looked, but I'm not counting on it

I saw most of his game JBay, and I agree he seemed to look good today before he got hurt. That said, if he finishes the year under 4.40 ERA I would be happy-if he can pitch again. Hopefully its just a sprain. You never know. Meanwhile the Red Sox have just one hit. No matter who is pitching we will not win games like that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

From Red Sox: Lackey-right bicep strain

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

If his arm just blew up like it looks like it did, this has to go down as one of the all time worst signings in Red Sox history. What a total, unbeleiveable bust. To bad too, he looked good there for a minute today. But my question is, how could he come this far and have trouble like that now?

As you would say, maybe it has to do with plaster of paris.

No. Plaster of paris has to do with bones. This would be more along the lines of "ligaments supple as dried rubber bands".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

Yeah. Thats sort of good news. If thats the case, he'll be back soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Right biceps strain is the injury..not too serious per the trainer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Looks like the clock has struck Midnight on PBnJ

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 2004Idiot's comment:

You beat me to it 2004. He will miss some time, but its not season ending. Hope to see Webster soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Lackey's career is over. I too detested this guy but, after going through the surgery and grueling rehab, was will to give the guy a fresh start. He looked good today too. 

Aceves is not the replacement. I really feel for Lackey though. Just a shame. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Or, Steven my friend, "biceps powerful as a busted coil spring".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Lacky was a real jerk a few years ago but he worked hard to get himself in shape to be ready to play.  He was having a great game and seemed to have his head in the game.  Give the guy a break. Everyone deserves a second chance.  I hope to see him on the mound sometime soon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Lackey's career is over. I too detested this guy but, after going through the surgery and grueling rehab, was will to give the guy a fresh start. He looked good today too. 

Im about over it with Aceves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Only a bicep strain...he'll be back

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Great news about biceps strain. Even if he misses 3-4 starts, thats a lot better then I feared.

On the other hand, Aceves is throwing the worst of our 13 pitchers. I prefer another option.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Great news about biceps strain. Even if he misses 3-4 starts, thats a lot better then I feared.

On the other hand, Aceves is throwing the worst of our 13 pitchers. I prefer another option.

Find Mike Timlin. At this point even he would be better than Aceves.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

You know how that goes, exam

Im about over it with Aceves.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Webster?

Sections
Shortcuts