Game Thread 5: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Game Thread 5: Red Sox at Blue Jays

re:Lackey, always scary to see a pitcher react that way, especially without a ball being hit back at them..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell on Lackey: Bicep cramping...soreness and cramping subsided, once he came out of the game...No pain in his elbow. Good arm strength during initial testing. will go back to Boston for tests tomorrow. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Farrell on Lackey: Bicep cramping...soreness and cramping subsided, once he came out of the game...No pain in his elbow. Good arm strength during initial testing. will go back to Boston for tests tomorrow. 

good first step for Lack..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Thanks for the update, sounds encouraging

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Thanks for the update, sounds encouraging

For the moment, it still sounds like a minimum of a 15-day DL stint, for at least precautionary reasons. Injuries sometimes are exposed as time goes on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Prediction: JBJ shall go back to AAA; then be the RS starting CFer in 2014; and possibly ROY

I'd like to wait until after the home stand to make that assesment. The whole team combined for 2 hits today so... 

he's looked bad the past few days but it IS a small sample size. i say keep him around until papi comes back and if he is still struggling offensively and defensively then send him to the minors.

He had a hit & a walk Friday night. I do expect him to struggle some. Its his reactions & adjustments after that struggle that we have to wait for. He hasn't been the spark he was in the first series vs the Yanks but... I was hoping the lineup could spread that spark around a bit. Facing a righty tomorrow. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Wow all these people on here feeling bad for Lackey. The last 3 yrs people have been killing this guy now they feel sorry him, pathetic. 

I believe in giving people a second chance.  I have needed them in my life, I guess you haven't.  If you ever do I hope you are given one.

I agree but this is where some people become hypocrites.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Wow all these people on here feeling bad for Lackey. The last 3 yrs people have been killing this guy now they feel sorry him, pathetic. 

I wasn't killing him. I always said I wasn't a fan of the signing because I thought it was too much. But I always defended his 2010 season because it was better than he's given credit for. I didn't like his mound antics in 2011, but I cut him a break even during the season there was talk that he had elbow problems. Plus, we also knew he had personal issues with his wife being sick, then later when it came out he was going through a divorce.

As for his interviews -- I never get caught up in how some people come across in interviews. That's too superficial. I'm not going to kill a guy because he's not Mr. Personality.

I cut him slack back then because of the way teammates defended him. It was beyond teammates-just-being-teammates type of thing. So I figured he might be a better guy then the public sees.

Fans like to think they know what goes on in a clubhouse or what a guy is really like, but they're usually just fooling themselves.

Roy I was never really a fan of the signing either but hey it's not my money. I just find it funny how for 3 yrs he was close to the most hated guy in Boston now he's ok. I pointed that out and some people didn't like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I wasn't killing him. I always said I wasn't a fan of the signing because I thought it was too much. But I always defended his 2010 season because it was better than he's given credit for. I didn't like his mound antics in 2011, but I cut him a break even during the season there was talk that he had elbow problems. Plus, we also knew he had personal issues with his wife being sick, then later when it came out he was going through a divorce.

As for his interviews -- I never get caught up in how some people come across in interviews. That's too superficial. I'm not going to kill a guy because he's not Mr. Personality.

I cut him slack back then because of the way teammates defended him. It was beyond teammates-just-being-teammates type of thing. So I figured he might be a better guy then the public sees.

Fans like to think they know what goes on in a clubhouse or what a guy is really like, but they're usually just fooling themselves.

Roy I was never really a fan of the signing either but hey it's not my money. I just find it funny how for 3 yrs he was close to the most hated guy in Boston now he's ok. I pointed that out and some people didn't like it.

You just have to be careful about painting with a broad brush. Many of us who were rooting for Lackey today and defending him weren't the ones who were ripping him mercilessly the past three years.

And it is possible to be critical of a specific moment or action without making it a black-and-white, love-hate situation.

Sections
Shortcuts