Game Thread 50: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 50: Indians at Red Sox

In response to georom4's comment:

that one was on lester, not ross...the one time i was hoping the pen would be used it wasnt...but gutsy performance by lester nonetheless

Until the wild pitch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Keep the line moving and no one near a routine pop up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Great win for the Sox. great game from Iggy. Hopefully he can prove hinself while he has the chance. Liked what I saw from him today though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Great win for the Sox. great game from Iggy. Hopefully he can prove hinself while he has the chance. Liked what I saw from him today though.

Nice Come-Back ToDay, 10 Above 500, I Did Also, Lets Get Em Again On SunDay.....Wink...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Iglesias BA: .481------------ Drew BA: . 205. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

funny, I never saw you geo or softy the last month cheering when Drew had 4 game winning hits and was batting about 320 during that time, only to pile on when he doesnt hit

I hope Iggy does well and can play SS in Boston for many years. But this piling on Drew because of his last name, or wasnt your choice, or cherry picking stats, or taking stats out of context is rather sad IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

funny, I never saw you geo or softy the last month cheering when Drew had 4 game winning hits and was batting about 320 during that time, only to pile on when he doesnt hit

I hope Iggy does well and can play SS in Boston for many years. But this piling on Drew because of his last name, or wasnt your choice, or cherry picking stats, or taking stats out of context is rather sad IMO.

stop spinning please - i could care less even if his last name were Carl Yaz jr - I want the best players playing...im pretty sure that means Iggy now, not "in the future"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Drew Is A Better Hitter, Iggy Is FLASHY......Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Cherry picking ?   Just pointing out his batting average. One of the most important stats. Most everyone agrees that Iglesias is better defensively. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Cherry picking ?   Just pointing out his batting average. One of the most important stats. Most everyone agrees that Iglesias is better defensively. 

Im beginning to think the "Drew at any cost" fanboys would rather see the Sox lose than admit that they were wrong about starting him and not Iggy. It's either that or they are secret Yankee fans - There can be no reason why anyone would want to wachc this nonsense for another two months. Gomes butchering the outfield and underperforming at the plate every other day or so is one thing...but giving the most important position to an overpaid one year mercenary who has a history of being injured and mediocre is just idiocy...smarten up please!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

goodbye Drew!

Conan, were you in live chat today?

day off
     for him whiner

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

stop spinning please - i could care less even if his last name were Carl Yaz jr - I want the best players playing...im pretty sure that means Iggy now, not "in the future"

yes, Iggy had a good DAY, That all of a sudden doesnt make him better than Drew...unbelieveable.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Iggy has done great with the stick so far.  But let's be reasonable, he's not going to hit .202 in Pawtucket and .302 in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Iggy Hater !!!!!

Tongue Out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Iggy has done great with the stick so far.  But let's be reasonable, he's not going to hit .202 in Pawtucket and .302 in Boston.

In 88 games at Pawtucket last year he hit .266

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Very true.  And you chose to quote Drew's 2013 BA of .205 above.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Very true.  And you chose to quote Drew's 2013 BA of .205 above.  

Drew's .205 BA is a reality.  Just when it looked like he was coming out of it , he slipped back. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Drew's .205 BA is a reality.  Just when it looked like he was coming out of it , he slipped back. 

Drew has proven himself to be a decent hitter for a shortstop over his career.  Based on their statistical histories, not many people would bet a lot of money that Iglesias will end the season with a higher BA than Drew.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Another term for Red Sox Urban dictionary:  Iggy Hit=a softly hit ball that does not leave the infield or barely gets to the outfield and results in a base hit.

Thats what Williams used to say about Johnny Pesky. Actually today Iggy hit a couple pretty hard into the OF....I don't mind infield hits....getting on base leads to runs.

Sections
Shortcuts