Game Thread 54: Red Sox at Phillies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

Re: Game Thread 54: Red Sox at Phillies

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Papelbon is loving this.  I still think they made right move to let him walk.

I can't agree with that. He is one of the best. We have had nothing but trouble with closers since he left.

that is true I think our pen and closing situation is a mess, actually out whole team is a mess right now

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I can't agree with that. He is one of the best. We have had nothing but trouble with closers since he left.

He is not worth 12 million a year.  Besides Mo, no closer is worth it.  Yes I would still like to have him but the money can be best spent elsewhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pap does appear to be throwing better than he did the last few years for the Sox but he wouldn't be having the same success in AL as he is this year with Philly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

that is true I think our pen and closing situation is a mess, actually out whole team is a mess right now

So how is this team a mess? The last time I looked they were in first place ...eleven or so games over .500.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

We cannot stop the running game.  Teams can pretty much steal at will.

Ehhh, is it that big a deal Denny?  The Sox CS% is 18% vs an AL average of 24%.  The Sox have allowed 11 more SB than the average team...about 1 base per 5 games.  Do the Sox focus more on the batter at the expense of the baserunner?  Even ignoring that possibility, I'm just not worried about 1 base per 5 games......

It's not about focusing on the batter. Salty just does not have it. 

Yes, as discussed, 1 base every 5 games.  Woe is us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

How did Gomes not score on that with two outs?

I was wondering how he did not score. If he was off and running it seems he should have scored

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He is not worth 12 million a year.  Besides Mo, no closer is worth it.  Yes I would still like to have him but the money can be best spent elsewhere.

The money was spent on Bailey and Hanrahan. 4 mil for Bailey and 7 mil for Hanrahan.  11 Mil total. I would rather have Pap for 12. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Ehhh, is it that big a deal Denny?  The Sox CS% is 18% vs an AL average of 24%.  The Sox have allowed 11 more SB than the average team...about 1 base per 5 games.  Do the Sox focus more on the batter at the expense of the baserunner?  Even ignoring that possibility, I'm just not worried about 1 base per 5 games......

Salty has thrown out 14 % before tonight.  --------------Backup Ross has thrown out 24%.    I am not advocating starting Ross , just pointing out something that is an obvious flaw in our game.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Salty has thrown out 14 % before tonight.  --------------Backup Ross has thrown out 24%.    I am not advocating starting Ross , just pointing out something that is an obvious flaw in our game.     

You are correct.  That is a flaw in Softy's game.  And Isabella Rossellini has a chipped tooth she's never had fixed.

That is an imperfect analogy because for many people, myself included, her willingness to not hide her "imperfection" made her look all the more attractive (my gf, physically perfect in my opinion, also has a tiny dental imperfection that I would never want her to "fix"....but I digress).

If you're gonna complain about Salty - and I think next year Sox fans will look wistfully back on the past couple of Salty years unless lightening strikes - complain about something else....Ks?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You are correct.  That is a flaw in Softy's game.  And Isabella Rossellini has a chipped tooth she's never had fixed.

That is an imperfect analogy because for many people, myself included, her willingness to not hide her "imperfection" made her look all the more attractive (my gf, physically perfect in my opinion, also has a tiny dental imperfection that I would never want her to "fix"....but I digress).

If you're gonna complain about Salty - and I think next year Sox fans will look wistfully back on the past couple of Salty years unless lightening strikes - complain about something else....Ks?

I think you should hit the pubs with a few of your mates. Have a few warm beers. Maybe play some darts. It would be better than trolling a Red Sox forum. But I digress. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Nathaniel Hawthorne, an early member of the RSN, wrote a short story on this subject.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I think you should hit the pubs with a few of your mates. Have a few warm beers. Maybe play some darts. It would be better than trolling a Red Sox forum. But I digress. 

I'd take awkward analogies over constant whining any day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I'm trollling because I disagree with you?  How charming.

Sections
Shortcuts