Game Thread 58: Red Sox at Yankees

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Game Thread 58: Red Sox at Yankees

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Just checked the radar. This rain could be a problem. Id hate to see Buch sit down and not be able to come back in.

"i hope it rains until september."

In NY, yeah. And then I hope they have "November Rain".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yip. Thats what I saw on the radar. The good news is, the cell isnt very big, so hopefully Buchholz can get back up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Looks like it will be a battle of the bullpen tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

And the way Buchholz is pitching I dont like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

A lot of storms throughout the area. At least it is an official game. Problem is that with a long delay , Buchholz will not come back.  He is showing no signs of any physical problems. He still looks like the best pitcher in the league.  It will be up to the pen to get the last 12 outs when they finally resume play.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

A lot of storms throughout the area. At least it is an official game. Problem is that with a long delay , Buchholz will not come back.  He is showing no signs of any physical problems. He still looks like the best pitcher in the league.  It will be up to the pen to get the last 12 outs when they finally resume play.

Is it still an official game even though NY hasnt batted in the 6th? I guess it is because the Sox held the lead after 5. But if they call the game will they revert back to the score in the fifth And eliminate everything that happened in the 6th?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

And the way Buchholz is pitching I dont like that.

I know,hopefully this is quick and he gets back out there.....or the pen is on tonight

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Its gonna be raining for a long time. The cell isnt huge, but its moving to the NE, tracking over the city in a line like freightcars.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'm only maybe 4 miles north of YS, and the thunder I just hears was about as loud as I can remember.  Bad timing.  Kuroda was about finished anyway, and Buchholz probably had two innings left.

Maybe one positive is that he had been hurtig, so maybe a short session will be a l/t blessing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

Its gonna be raining for a long time. The cell isnt huge, but its moving to the NE, tracking over the city in a line like freightcars.

RADAR LOVE.

"And the Thunder Rolls"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

Is it still an official game even though NY hasnt batted in the 6th? I guess it is because the Sox held the lead after 5. But if they call the game will they revert back to the score in the fifth And eliminate everything that happened in the 6th?

[/QUOT
      I doubt they will call the game, but if they do , I think everything counts since the Sox were leading after five.   Still , the delay represents a break for the  Yankees , who were doing nothing with Clay.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT
      I doubt they will call the game, but if they do , I think everything counts since the Sox were leading after five.   Still , the delay represents a break for the  Yankees , who were doing nothing with Clay.

And we've had a history of bad luck with rain delays like this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No way you can bring CB back out there. Bad luck, but I guess you gotta trust the pen to hold the lead. Bailey could go two since they are off tomorrow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Looks like a window of clear weather 12 -1 AM

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT

It's official after 5, but Ortiz will lose his HR if the Yanks don't bat in the 6th. Sox have tomorrow off and NYY are home, so they won't call it anytime soon. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Which day?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

and here we go, window is now, already underway

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Which day?

Now.  They're playing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Do they not have a radar or are they using the acu window weather forecast?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Which day?

Now.  They're playing.

And now they're not...