Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Always good to make judgements on offensive potential based on 5 games in April.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    Well , the five games are all we have to go by at this point. Of course , I know it could change, but this is not what we were looking for to start the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I'm afraid that we may have to re-think the idea that this team will have no trouble scoring runs. This is not a terribly impressive lineup. If Ellsbury and Youkilis don't start producing , we have a total of three productive hitters on the team.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Youk had two hits last night gale, hard hit double and seeing eye singe. think after his injury, surgery and missing the end of last season, just looking to get his timing back. Ells should be fine. not everyone can come out of the gate swinging, so to speak

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Well , the five games are all we have to go by at this point. Of course , I know it could change, but this is not what we were looking for to start the year.

No, it certainly isn't D.  But, when Jacoby Ellsbury is basically an O-fer, thats a tip that, especially in April, a small sample size is not a great indicator of production over the course of a whole season.  I doubt Ryan Sweeney is going to keep hitting .500 or whatever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Youk had two hits last night gale, hard hit double and seeing eye singe. think after his injury, surgery and missing the end of last season, just looking to get his timing back. Ells should be fine. not everyone can come out of the gate swinging, so to speak
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Well , all I am saying is that I feel a good start was very important this year. So far , it is not happening.  At some point, there has to be a concern. Five games is not enough, for sure.  But ten , twenty , thirty ? At what point do we start to worry?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Well , all I am saying is that I feel a good start was very important this year. So far , it is not happening.  At some point, there has to be a concern. Five games is not enough, for sure.  But ten , twenty , thirty ? At what point do we start to worry?

we worry now.  but we worry with perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : we worry now.  but we worry with perspective.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]
    What I think really would help would be to get out to an early lead in today's game. We had a stretch last year where we were playing catch up every night. That has been the case again so far this year. It is a tough way to play. You don't want to see them start pressing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : What I think really would help would be to get out to an early lead in today's game. We had a stretch last year where we were playing catch up every night. That has been the case again so far this year. It is a tough way to play. You don't want to see them start pressing.

No, you don't.  On the flip, in 3 games of the 5 this season, the offense managed to rally from behind in late innings.  Something we saw woefully little of last season.  i take that as a positive in respect to the character of this club already.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Youk had two hits last night gale, hard hit double and seeing eye singe. think after his injury, surgery and missing the end of last season, just looking to get his timing back. Ells should be fine. not everyone can come out of the gate swinging, so to speak
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He's come out swinging.....just not getting hits!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

oohweee, Lesteer looking Nassssssty.  Those last two cutters to Bautista were devastating.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I took a sip of coffee and the top of the 2nd was over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I took a sip of coffee and the top of the 2nd was over.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Better not butter that toast, or this thing might be over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Beavis is going to need a straight jacket if Sox don't get a W...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Lestaahhhhhhh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like your typical get away day game. Everyone is in a hurry.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Little Grateful Dead heading into the commercial break.....

We will get by, we will survive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OK, guys on, no outs, gotta get on the board here ...

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Ellsbury drives in Aviles...... Softy is not happy :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Finally, working with a lead and not playing catch up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury drives in Aviles...... Softy is not happy :)
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

eh, i don't know, it was on a little jitterbug reverse-pivot slap hit, so Softy would still be in the right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Not a good AB from Pedey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Missed opportunity there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

OK.  One run.  I'll take it.  the way these guys are pitching today, that might be the difference.