Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. :  heard an interview with Pedroia a few days ago, he said he sits in the dugout and watches the opposing team take batting practice, hopefully will pick up something to learn from to make him better.
    Posted by J-BAY

Not just baseball , but I think any business in the country would like to have more employees like Pedroia.  Not too many of them around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

These are the games that younlook back on that you blew when the season is over like last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Lester is throwing well again today.  Pitch count is a little high but he is keeping the Sox in it.

SCORE SOME RUNS!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Think theres just a bad vibe this year,gale. Too many changes; GM, manager, lineup, front office fiasco with francona....pay back is hell and what goes around comes around
    Posted by J-BAY

sure, i am a big believer in all these poetic truths.  But, they are also not cut & dry.  What comes around goes around, yes.  But maybe it has already gone around.  And, out of the ashes rises the phoenix.  I think all the adversity and the newfound underdog status is going to turn this Sox club into a more formidable beast than the past few years.  Enough to make the post-season?  Dunno.  There is great competition out there.  But I am not sure about the 'bad vibe'.  I think the vibe is about rising from the ashes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

These are the games that younlook back on that you blew when the season is over like last year.
    Posted by AL34

Last year's slow start was kind of shocking to everyone. This year , not so sure. I think expectations are not all that high, even among the most optimistic of fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by AL34

I didn't know this game was over already.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : sure, i am a big believer in all these poetic truths.  But, they are also not cut & dry.  What comes around goes around, yes.  But maybe it has already gone around.  And, out of the ashes rises the phoenix.  I think all the adversity and the newfound underdog status is going to turn this Sox club into a more formidable beast than the past few years.  Enough to make the post-season?  Dunno.  There is great competition out there.  But I am not sure about the 'bad vibe'.  I think the vibe is about rising from the ashes.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

think the same thing happened to the yankees after the torre firing in '08, space. some of the players resented it and Girardi. Takes time to come together. Still think Valentine was a bad fit...dont have a good feeling all the way around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

That Pedrioa out was an RBI single against Bard last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : yes, it was similar to jd drew's contract incentives for "weak grounders to second."
    Posted by mryazz

JD got rich on that clause!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Joe Cocker into the break..... No I am not "feeing alright".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think it's silly to claim the players just don't care because they do care. 

As important as fielding, baserunning, etc are, it all boils down to the pitcher and batter confrontations.  Bobby V has 6 righties in there to face Romero, but so far it ain't working.  Francona did a lot of that last year.  The one Sox rbi, amazingly enough, is by Ellsbury, one of three lefties in the lineup and the one in a slump. 

Organization changes don't mean much unless the manager is a bad fit, but to me Bobby Valentine has looked good and made the right moves. 

Moreover, the Sox, despite new manager, GM, etc, is exactly where they were last September and, for that matter, where they were exactly a year ago.  In other word, if the Sox were winning right now, the fanbase should be saying, "must have been the organization changes that set things right." 

And, of course, it's very early in the season.  It is reasonable to expect Ellsbury and Youk and Buchholz and Beckett to get untracked, etc. 

Romero has now thrown 63 pitches in 6 innings, which is phenomenal.  He has our guys mesmerized. 

The Sox, meanwhile, have the highest ERA in MLB.  It's all about pitching, and the manager can't do much to fix that. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay you said ut last year that losing the way they did last September would have a bad carry over effect the following year and it looks like it did. response to "Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.":
    Think theres just a bad vibe this year,gale. Too many changes; GM, manager, lineup, front office fiasco with francona....pay back is hell and what goes around comes around Posted by J-BAY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : think the same thing happened to the yankees after the torre firing in '08, space. some of the players resented it and Girardi. Takes time to come together. Still think Valentine was a bad fit...dont have a good feeling all the way around.
    Posted by J-BAY

Hey J Bay, On ascale of 1-10 where's your confidence level in this year's team?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I think it's silly to claim the players just don't care because they do care.    Romero has now thrown 63 pitches in 6 innings, which is phenomenal.  He has our guys mesmerized.  The Sox, meanwhile, have the highest ERA in MLB.  It's all about pitching, and the manager can't do much to fix that. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Don't let the hitters off the hook.  Lester has been just as good but Toronto has a timely hit and better situational hitting, the Sac Fly.

Pedroia and Agone didn't come through in the 3rd with men on base and Shoppach didn't execute the Sac bunt, that is why it isn't at worst a 2-2 game right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : Hey J Bay, On ascale of 1-10 where's your confidence level in this year's team?
    Posted by upperco1

IDK upper. Before the season I was somewhat optimistic, still think they'll come  together, just not sure it will be enough or in time. depends on the pitching. 6-7 I guess.

wonder how john Farrell feels watching Lester, he's the one who developed him and told the sox not to trade him; he was going to be great...he was right, he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Classic Youk AB right there.  Takes strike 2, acts like it wasn't a strike even though it was and then grounds out weakly to the left side.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

For those who looked beyond the superficiality of season long aggregate numbers, the Red Sox were not a strong offensive team in 2011. And until they get a superstar RH stick, they will continue to be easy pickings for any pitchers but the bottom tier pitchers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Youk setting the table at the Hunger Strike Buffet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I can see a lot of players going if this team does not do well at the end of the season, like Big Papi, Youkillis, Matsusaka, Jenks, Ross, Avilles. Saltamachia I have never been impressed with and I do not think Atlanta was either thats why they sold high on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : IDK upper. Before the season I was somewhat optimistic, still think they'll come  together, just not sure it will be enough or in time. 6-7 I guess
    Posted by J-BAY

I think they look like the Celtics did to start their season and , hopefully, get an infusion of youth at some point. I'm most concerned about Youk. Think he's done. Also think it would help if the Boston media would cut the crappola. Like it or not, Valentine's the manager and he's not getting a fair deal with them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

how is Romero making it out of these innings?....went to 3-2 on Youk, Ortiz and McDonald in that 7th inning...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : I think they look like the Celtics did to start their season and , hopefully, get an infusion of youth at some point. I'm most concerned about Youk. Think he's done. Also think it would help if the Boston media would cut the crappola. Like it or not, Valentine's the manager and he's not getting a fair deal with them.
    Posted by upperco1

ya the celts looked bad for a while, bruins also, upper Long way to go but watching teams like texas and detroit, not sure we can compete this year. Too many holes to fill. Was thinking last night, if it doesnt change, sooner than later, bring up the kids and let's see what they've got. Lavarnway mostly. Dont think Salty belongs in the ALE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I think Youkillis is done too and its not Valentines fault, its Larry Luchinno who is the string puller on Young Ben Cherrington. Anyone who thinks Larry is not running this team is naive. In response to "Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m.":
    In Response to Re: Game Thread 6 : Red Sox at Blue Jays -Game time 12:37 p.m. : I think they look like the Celtics did to start their season and , hopefully, get an infusion of youth at some point. I'm most concerned about Youk. Think he's done. Also think it would help if the Boston media would cut the crappola. Like it or not, Valentine's the manager and he's not getting a fair deal with them. Posted by upperco1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

Romero is having his best start that I can remember against the Sox.  They have owned him in the past.  Lester's having a very strong outing again and may have nothing to show for it unless the bats come alive in the top of the
    8th.  Interesting to see how the Jays' young closer will react if he gets another save opportunity.  He really struggled on Monday. 

Sections
Shortcuts