Game Thread 6: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Game Thread 6: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In response to BMav's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

drew makes that play? i think so

I think so too. So far, through 4 2/3rds of games, I have only seen one out that Drew doesn't make. Less then amazed by the number. Since this is the last day of free MLB, won't be able to key on this anymore. Small sample but not the .75-1.0 plays a game Moon mentioned. Not even the .33-.5 I expected. SSS though.

thanks for the affirmation. just making sure i wasn't over simplifying the play

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Everyones happy today. Opening day tomorrow. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Carp is totally useless. He needs to be DFA and run through waivers when "premium guy" comes looking for his starting SS job. Nava has an option left, which should be used when Ortiz returns. Ortiz is a likely early breakdown case.

Agree about Carp. I thought from the beginning that signing him was fishy. But when Drew comes back Iggy is going down, and when Ortiz gets back, Bradley is going down. Deal with it.

The two of you are miserable SOBs!

How can you be such a jerk when we are winning 13-0? Takes all types I guess. Besides, who asked your opinion?

I dont need to be asked....who ever asks for yours??? Answer...no one!  And by the way, it takes all type to call someone useless....but you should know that ....hahaha

My post was intended for Softlaw, not you. If you stick your nose in where its not welcome its likely to get chopped off again. Keep that in mind. Look, while I would like to continue this banter with you, I have a firm policy never to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. This discussion is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Hard to argue with a 4-2 road trip to start the season of which all games were played against ALE rivals. Lester seems back on track, though its early. Ortiz hasn't even played for us yet and we are still winning. And the team is going home. You are right: everyone should be happy about how the season has started.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Great Start To The Season, Hope It Continues Tomorrow Opening Day, 101 Years @ FenWay....

Fun Game To Watch.. Go RedSox.........

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Hard to argue with a 4-2 road trip to start the season of which all games were played against ALE rivals. Lester seems back on track, though its early. Ortiz hasn't even played for us yet and we are still winning. And the team is going home. You are right: everyone should be happy about how the season has started.

GREAT start.

They're in every game, they have some good balance, good pitching, good D, and the new pieces seem to be meshing well.

The whole attitude and vibe is obviously so different. No drama, all business.

Only complaint so far has been bizarre and bad baserunning (not just Victorino's aggressive gamble in NY either).

I have no problems with aggressive baserunning, as long as its not stupid baserunning

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

ross and igs a great "caught stealing" combo.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

That 1st Homer by Middlebrooks is some serious Power. Righthander to go the opposite way like that. WOW!

he has pole to pole power. he hit 1 HR to LF, 1 HR to CF and 1 HR to RF. kid is a stud.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

That 1st Homer by Middlebrooks is some serious Power. Righthander to go the opposite way like that. WOW!

Will Power, bobbySmile

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Middlebrooks is a bum. Ellsbury too. Dump 'em while their value is high. Get Kemp and Upton.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sweet win.  Love the fast start.  No Zombie walking through April.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very impressive win by the Red Sox today.  I know it is still early but it nice to see them winning games in April which is so different from the last few seasons.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Sweet win.  Love the fast start.  No Zombie walking through April.

Thats because we finally have BRAINS for leadership. Dont have to go looking for 'em.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Middlebrooks is a bum. Ellsbury too. Dump 'em while their value is high. Get Kemp and Upton.

Dont ForGet Lester Was Also, He,s Our Ace..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

As one who predicted Iggy would hit under .200, I don't think you can yank him until he comes back to earth. Drew would be a major buzz kill for this team right now. It would feel like a return to entitlementville. Can Drew play left? No? Then keep him down until Iggy cools off or at least until Drew's minor league BA matches Iggy's major league BA. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Dont ForGet Lester Was Also, He,s Our Ace..

He should have been traded for Santana in 2007. Yet another bad move by the FO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Agree about Carp. I thought from the beginning that signing him was fishy. But when Drew comes back Iggy is going down, and when Ortiz gets back, Bradley is going down. Deal with it.

No, you were singing the praises of Carp, as an active roster member. Nice to see you admitted how stupid that was.

Drew's never been here, so he's not coming back. When he gets called up, Carp needs to be DFA and run through waievers and "premium guy" should find a premium bench seat. Iggy has been sensational on defense and excellent in his #9 hitter plate work. I can't think of a bigger mistake than ruining the team's run by putting in a career veteran loser like S. Drew with his bad wheel. He will embarrass himself in the field and tax the pitching staff, and his plate work will be fair to poor.

As for Ortiz, you need to deal with the fact that Nava has an option and Gomes is an embarrassment in the OF who doesn't provide overall plate work that is good enough to be an everyday player;  and Nava has an option and Ortiz is a likely quick breakdown even if does get off the shelf.

Incompetence will be failing to run Carp through waivers, now, and not using Nava's option to wait out the likely washed up Ortiz who is likely not capable of a sustained season upper tier plate production.

I'll give you one thing Softy: at least when you debate, its about baseball most of the time.

Carp stinks: we both agree on that. If you think I was "singing his praises" show me the post that proves it. Hint: you won't be able to find it because it doesn't exist. I thought that signing Carp who, I believe was cut by the Mariners of all teams, was a waste of a roster spot. He will easily pass through waivers and should be DFA'd. That leaves Nava as our backup 1B. That fact, along with the fact that he is an adequate backup OF, means that Ortiz's return means the end of Bradley for at least 20 days. As Breidey told you, Gomes is FAR superior to Bradley offensively right now, and Gomes is going nowhere. We both know that. We also both know that when Drew returns to the team (yes, he HAS been on the team and in fact, still is), Iggy will be going down to prove that he can hit the baseball over at least 250 PAs. His current successful sample size is too small to be reliable. If he can do it consistently then I would be delighted to have him up in the majors as he is far superior to Drew defensively. Feel free to express your opinion about this, but your opinion in this case does not reflect the scenario that is most likely to happen.