Game Thread 6: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Game Thread 6: Red Sox at Blue Jays

GA all...man, you guys had the whuppin sticks out today...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lester on being 4-2 v. 0-6 or 1-5: "It's huge.... It beats the hell out of the alternative that we’ve been in the last two years."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Lester on Middlebrooks' show: “Good Lord. About 2000 feet of homers it seemed like."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Pedroia on Middlebrooks: "It might be difficult for him to get over the border."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Ok. How many hits are we going to give up today? Just want to know how many times I have to endure the "Farrell" chant. 

hows that working out for ya ????

Worked-out great! Didn't hear it once. Watched until JBJ's walk, sox were up 8-0. Would've loved to watch the whole game but I was interrupted. Monster day for WMB! He's the real deal. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Reddick did have a broken wrist until the gnome came out from his beard & magically fixed it to a sprain. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well stated, pumpsie-green.  We all like Bradley and Iglesias and what they have already done, but that does not mean Drew should be benched and Gomes sent packing to make room for them.  The season is very young and needs to play out some more.  Meanwhile, ain't it great the Sox have all these options? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Reddick did have a broken wrist until the gnome came out from his beard & magically fixed it to a sprain. 

Reddick is lucky that it was not worse.  There was concrete too.  Reddick should have slid with his feet first instead of diving with his head first. 

I hope Reddick is okay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I'd always read that an effective knuckle ball is going about 66-68 mph, but the radar gun had him throwing significantly faster today.

Is that normal for him?

I know he's great with the pitch, but it just didn't look like it was dancing like I remember from Wake.

Could the speed be a factor?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

I'd always read that an effective knuckle ball is going about 66-68 mph, but the radar gun had him throwing significantly faster today.

Is that normal for him?

I know he's great with the pitch, but it just didn't look like it was dancing like I remember from Wake.

dickey throws a faster KNB than pretty much anyone else. It's how fast he threw it last season and it danced just as good as (if not better than) anyone elses. He just didn't have to working today obviously.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The five 1st inning runs allowed by Dickey matched the amount he gave up in the 1st inning in all of 2012 (33 starts). 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to lasitter's comment:

Is that normal for him?

dickey throws a faster KNB than pretty much anyone else. It's how fast he threw it last season and it danced just as good as (if not better than) anyone elses. He just didn't have to working today obviously.

Part of it is "welcome to the ALE Dickey". I just don't trust knuckleballers to be consistently good. I know he won the Cy Young last year, but he has never been that good before and his start in the AL has been horrible.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.