Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Part of the trouble with us fans is that we keep buying into the hype that Lester is an ace, and keep getting disappointed when we see games like this. Hes not an ace, never has been. Hes a number 3 starter at best, lower your expectations. Hes a great guy, I love his story, but the guy is not a number one pitcher. Thats just it.

I don't see him as worse than a number two. He stats screams number two, his periodic domination screams number two and his stuff is screams number. Number two would be aces if they didn't have bad stretches.

[/QUOTE]

His stuff sucks #3-4. It screams nothing. Coming into this game in his last NINE starts his ERA was 4.42. Its worse now.

[/QUOTE]

He doesn't have a curve ball tonight. His fastball has been fine. He is a number two he is going to win 15+ games and probably finish with a 3.50 ERA that is a number two.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong: ERA now 4.12 and rising

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Bullpen is going to get killed tonight.  Leave this guy out there for the duration, then send him down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

Sox needed ace performance tonight to save bullpen.  Instead they get last year's Lester.  That one SUCKS!

Thats the only one there is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lots of people here have been razzing me for getting on Lester. More will believe me now. And its because of Lester that we are a .500 team

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

I dont know that I agree with everything you post, but Ive been anti-Lester since 2008. Ive never trusted him, and now I dont trust him at all. He will choke every single time he pitches in an important game against a contending team. Every time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Lots of people here have been razzing me for getting on Lester. More will believe me now. And its because of Lester that we are a .500 team

I think fifteen games over .500 is not a .500 team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I blame this one on Lackey.  He had 6 runs to work with yesterday in the first inning and fd it up.  Gave up and instant 2 homers and let Tampa right back in the game.  Then because he was stinking it up hit a guy and got Tampa riled.  Now the Sox will have to fight and scrap to get another win here.  Yea Lester should man up at some point but if Lackey just takes care of business there is no 14 inning game and no bullpen issues today.  For every action there is a reaction. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

I blame this one on Lackey.  He had 6 runs to work with yesterday in the first inning and fd it up.  Gave up and instant 2 homers and let Tampa right back in the game.  Then because he was stinking it up hit a guy and got Tampa riled.  Now the Sox will have to fight and scrap to get another win here.  Yea Lester should man up at some point but if Lackey just takes care of business there is no 14 inning game and no bullpen issues today.  For every action there is a reaction. 

I dont care so much abut the hpb. Im more upset at blowing the lead in general. Also, after scoring 6 times, the offense had first and third and no one out and did nothing with it. That 7th run would have changed the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Come on....this is just ridiculous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I think Lester has to go on the DL after this something hasn't to be wrong. He was just too dominate this season to be this bad.

Agree, Joe. May be something he was trying to work through

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think Lester has to go on the DL after this something hasn't to be wrong. He was just too dominate this season to be this bad.

Agree, Joe. May be something he was trying to work through

[/QUOTE]

Him being hurt is the only thing that would make me cut him slack. Other than that Im over it with him. This was absolutely putrid tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

Why is Drew in there? 

Drew needs to join his brother

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to splendidsplinterteddyballgame's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think fifteen games over .500 is not a .500 team.

[/QUOTE]

We won't end up that way. Thats what I am saying. How far will we go with Lester stinking?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I dont know that I agree with everything you post, but Ive been anti-Lester since 2008. Ive never trusted him, and now I dont trust him at all. He will choke every single time he pitches in an important game against a contending team. Every time.

Well, if Lester stinks, how far can this team go with a team whose #2 is a #4? How many wins can we get that way? Now factor in Bucky's injury history.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There is nothing wrong with Jon Lester other than he is no longer a top of the rotation starter.  He is a perfectly serviceable #3-#5 guy.

You can point out how good he CAN be but sometimes the difference between an Ace and a back of the rotation starter isn't pure stuff rather it is consistency.  

Jon Lester has all the talent in the world but he is not consistent, therefore he is not even close to being an ace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

It just didn't workout tonight. Thanks for all your post and insights. It makes watching the game a lot more fun. Good night

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhgrad. Show unhgrad's posts

Why is Drew in there? 

He should join his brother

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

There is nothing wrong with Jon Lester other than he is no longer a top of the rotation starter.  He is a perfectly serviceable #3-#5 guy.

You can point out how good he CAN be but sometimes the difference between an Ace and a back of the rotation starter isn't pure stuff rather it is consistency.  

Jon Lester has all the talent in the world but he is not consistent, therefore he is not even close to being an ace.

I do not think that Lester is all that talented any more now that he has lost the velocity that comes with age. His location is obviously off too, and he throws too many cutters. I don't think he has sunk to a #5, but #4 is probably about right. Who then is our #2? Who is our #3? Will Bucky manage to throw 200 innings this year? He DOES have talent, but is so fragile you can't depend on him. Exactly what did we do to improve our major weakness of last year, our pitching? Add Dempster? Come on. Really?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

your not a deep thinker venice.  thats ok....lead the simple life my friend

Come on....this is just ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

It just didn't workout tonight. Thanks for all your post and insights. It makes watching the game a lot more fun. Good night

+1. Sometimes it just not your day. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Hes a head case, thats his trouble.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Go Bruins !!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's definitely frustrating.....I use to love watching him pitch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

These Napoli strikeouts are  becoming almost predictable.

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, the Reds are knocking around our old friend Matt Garza tonight at Wrigley to the tune of 8 runs in 5+. Ok, its not much, but its something to smile about.......