Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Game thread 66: Red Sox at Rays

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Everybody wants Lester to " trust his stuff."  The problem is that his stuff has not been all that good. When he throws strikes , he gets hit hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's a lack of BB common sense.  If you nibble v Longoria, I get it.  Guys like Escobar, you have to throw strikes to.  3-0, you throw your best FB right down the middle.

Lester is a mess again... in the beginning of the year I thought he had it together but not so....he really needs a therapist

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Here we go again! ANOTHER two out run scored against Lester. He cannot slam the door. Ive questioned his mental toughness since 2008, and that question has not been answered. And as I write this, yet ANOTHER two out run comes across. Ellsbury is ticked, and I dont blame him. This is pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I don't want to say I told you guys so, but Lester was always going to lay an egg tonight

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

On que, Lester gives up the lead - and for the 2nd hitter in the inning, after being ahead 0-2, he he throws a "get me over" curve ball and poof tie game.  Then another single and poof goes the lead.  Third mediocre to bad outing in a row from the guy that, given his seniority on the team and his experience, should be the "leader" of this staff.  And as I type this, an infield hit - bases loaded - Lester pouting like a broken-hearted 13-year old girl - this next batter could bust this open.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Here we go again! ANOTHER two out run scored against Lester. He cannot slam the door. Ive questioned his mental toughness since 2008, and that question has not been answered. And as I write this, yet ANOTHER two out run comes across. Ellsbury is ticked, and I dont blame him. This is pathetic.

Elsbury is ticked?  About what?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why would he ever throw his curve ball? Something is wrong with him you don't go being as dominated as he was to have this bad of month. I would shut him down for 15 days.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Lester's ERA is 3.90 right now. How will the team do this year if Lester stinks? Well guess what: Lester stinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I don't want to say I told you guys so, but Lester was always going to lay an egg tonight

I wouldn't say you are right. I would say he needs to trust his fastball because is curveball sucks tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Part of the trouble with us fans is that we keep buying into the hype that Lester is an ace, and keep getting disappointed when we see games like this. Hes not an ace, never has been. Hes a number 3 starter at best, lower your expectations. Hes a great guy, I love his story, but the guy is not a number one pitcher. Thats just it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Lester's ERA is 3.90 right now. How will the team do this year if Lester stinks? Well guess what: Lester stinks.

FIrst of 3.90 is fine for a number two pitcher. If he can pull it together he probably leave the game around 3.75. Something has to be wrong with him you don't go from dominate to blah in one month it just doesn't happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Everybody wants Lester to " trust his stuff."  The problem is that his stuff has not been all that good. When he throws strikes , he gets hit hard. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

It's a lack of BB common sense.  If you nibble v Longoria, I get it.  Guys like Escobar, you have to throw strikes to.  3-0, you throw your best FB right down the middle.

Lester is a mess again... in the beginning of the year I thought he had it together but not so....he really needs a therapist

Ding!!!   Winnar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Part of the trouble with us fans is that we keep buying into the hype that Lester is an ace, and keep getting disappointed when we see games like this. Hes not an ace, never has been. Hes a number 3 starter at best, lower your expectations. Hes a great guy, I love his story, but the guy is not a number one pitcher. Thats just it.

I don't see him as worse than a number two. He stats screams number two, his periodic domination screams number two and his stuff is screams number. Number two would be aces if they didn't have bad stretches.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I don't see him as worse than a number two. He stats screams number two, his periodic domination screams number two and his stuff is screams number. Number two would be aces if they didn't have bad stretches.

His stuff sucks #3-4. It screams nothing. Coming into this game in his last NINE starts his ERA was 4.42. Its worse now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

When is the last time Ross made contact??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

His career ERA is 3.75.

He also averages 15 wins a year. He is on pace for 15 wins  this year.

This is exactly the kind of season one expects from Lester. this is his 8th year in baseball, not sure whats so surprising.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

His stuff sucks #3-4. It screams nothing. Coming into this game in his last NINE starts his ERA was 4.42. Its worse now.

He averages 15 wins a game. He is on pace for 15 wins.

He is a 2 and he is pitching badly tonight. Nothing really to get all freaked out about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I wouldn't say you are right. I would say he needs to trust his fastball because is curveball sucks tonight.

Please. He gives up multiple 0-2 hits and nibbles, nibbles. He doesn't trust anything. Over his last 5 games, his ERA is in the 7 range. Our weakest link.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

FIrst of 3.90 is fine for a number two pitcher. If he can pull it together he probably leave the game around 3.75. Something has to be wrong with him you don't go from dominate to blah in one month it just doesn't happen.

Yeah, and its right between his ears.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

He is a 2 and he is pitching badly tonight. Nothing really to get all freaked out about.

He hasn't pitched well in his last 4-5 starts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

His career ERA is 3.75.

He also averages 15 wins a year. He is on pace for 15 wins  this year.

This is exactly the kind of season one expects from Lester. this is his 8th year in baseball, not sure whats so surprising.

I could not care less what his career numbers are. He was great from 2008 to 2011. He has stunk for the last two years, including this one. He is barely a #3 SP; more like a #4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I don't know anyone that thinks Lester is an ace.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

He hasn't pitched well in his last 4-5 starts.

I know.  He has stunk.  Call me crazy I tend to not judge someone's entire career over his last month of play.

Sections
Shortcuts