GAME THREAD 7/20

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: GAME THREAD 7/20

WALKS!!!Yell Yell YellYell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HI ALL. hope ur all enjoying the JD Drew appreciation day game. btw, my "sources" tell me the sox are on the verge of trading for both reyes and beltran.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Miller touching 95....Hopefully he can harness his control better so he can one day hit that 97 we have heard so much about!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : He must have lost weight too because he looks leaner (and taller).
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Well no, he weighs the same, it's just that the size has been stretched to a taller frame because of the growth. What he's done is taken Miller's place. God only knows where the REAL Andrew Miller is. Poor devil, he's probably somewhere at the bottom of Tokyo Bay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

DON'T WANT EITHER ONE OF THEM CC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Reddick just wont quit, hes hot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]HI ALL. hope ur all enjoying the JD Drew appreciation day game. btw, my "sources" tell me the sox are on the verge of trading for both reyes and beltran.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

What are your "sources" smoking? LOL Whatever it is, give some of it to the Mets FO so they won't ask for much. I hope your sources are right, but only if we don't have to mortgage the whole farm to do it. Beltran is a bit of an albatross, Reyes would be nice though. But don't we have to be careful not to mess with team chemistry? Things are working pretty well now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

speaks volumes.. red vs a rightie for they dont want to showcase drew anymore. kid just keeps on raking. hope he's not invoved in any trade to NY. since they will eat most of beltran's deal, may as well have him platoon or semi-backup the kid. want reddick getting most of the at bats with d-mac as the 5th Outfielder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Craw on fire.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

good move by the 3rd base coach. nobody out!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Give Bogar his just due, we all criticize him with his mistakes, but good stop sign that time!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]speaks volumes.. red vs a rightie for they dont want to showcase drew anymore. kid just keeps on raking. hope he's not invoved in any trade to NY. since they will eat most of beltran's deal, may as well have him platoon or semi-backup the kid. want reddick getting most of the at bats with d-mac as the 5th Outfielder

I don't think I want Beltran. Too old, to much money--unless the NY eats a LOT. Giving up Reddick for him would be too much in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

come on tek!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : What are your "sources" smoking? LOL Whatever it is, give some of it to the Mets FO so they won't ask for much. I hope your sources are right, but only if we don't have to mortgage the whole farm to do it. Beltran is a bit of an albatross, Reyes would be nice though. But don't we have to be careful not to mess with team chemistry? Things are working pretty well now.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]beltran is theo's old cameron. he's been eyeing and wooing him for years. theo always gets his man. once smitten, he's never shy on pulling all the moves and stops. its all about the chase with theo. he loves carlos. now that he can finally get him with the mets paying most of his salary, y not trade weiland or renaudo, middlebrook (do we really need a first baseman/ 3rd base guy) and a lars andersen type? beltran has no arbitration eligibility per his met deal and reyes nets you a high pick if he leaves. clearly theo wont allow that to happen. if u can sign or extend both reyes and beltran, you can package up reddick, lowrie and 2 other stud pieces for a felix hernandez or the guy in colorado. theo is great at this kind of stuff. he needs to take the big-ticket free agent refresher course though. by having both guys in, u get to keep an eye on their habits before putting in a major bid during the off-season. no yanks in game for reyes. good deal for us..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hiedi looks really nice today....what else is new?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

CC, REYES IS INJURY PRONE, NOT A TEAM PLAYER AND WOULD BE A CLUBHOUSE KILLER IMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : beltran is theo's old cameron. he's been eyeing and wooing him for years. theo always gets his man. once smitten, he's never shy on pulling all the moves and stops. its all about the chase with theo. he loves carlos. now that he can finally get him with the mets paying most of his salary, y not trade weiland or renaudo, middlebrook (do we really need a first baseman/ 3rd base guy) and a lars andersen type? beltran has no arbitration eligibility per his met deal and reyes nets you a high pick if he leaves. clearly theo wont allow that to happen. if u can sign or extend both reyes and beltran, you can package up reddick, lowrie and 2 other stud pieces for a felix hernandez or the guy in colorado. theo is great at this kind of stuff. he needs to take the big-ticket free agent refresher course though. by having both guys in, u get to keep an eye on their habits before putting in a major bid during the off-season. no yanks in game for reyes. good deal for us..

Well researched CC! I might be more willing to part with Reddick if it involved King Felix!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Amazing what can be accomplished by a guy throwing 95 when he hits the zone hun?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Palmer is saying that Miller is getting hard to hit now because he has been inconsistent in the zone, and now he's mixing in his change and offspeed pitches.  Plus, the heater is hot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The guys on the Reds broadcast just said someone named "Jason" has been traded to the Pirates, but I didn't catch the last name. Just caught the tail end of it. He said "Jason is on his way to Pittsburg, it's a done deal, just has to pass a physical." DRAT! I don't guess it was anything huge, but dunno. Oh, said he was a relief pitcher too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]good move by the 3rd base coach. nobody out!
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

True that.  Reddick wasn't busting butt on that hit until he reached second.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Hiedi looks really nice today....what else is new?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Don't get to see her on MLBTV.com's telecast.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]The guys on the Reds broadcast just said someone named "Jason" has been traded to the Pirates, but I didn't catch the last name. Just caught the tail end of it. He said "Jason is on his way to Pittsburg, it's a done deal, just has to pass a physical." DRAT! I don't guess it was anything huge, but dunno. Oh, said he was a relief pitcher too.

Nothing huge exam, righty reliever Jason Grilli

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]The guys on the Reds broadcast just said someone named "Jason" has been traded to the Pirates, but I didn't catch the last name. Just caught the tail end of it. He said "Jason is on his way to Pittsburg, it's a done deal, just has to pass a physical." DRAT! I don't guess it was anything huge, but dunno.

Jason?  Or Josh?  They were interested in Willingham.

Actually Jason Grilli.  Signed from Phillies' system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : Nothing huge exam, righty reliever Jason Grilli
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Thanks West, didn't think it'd amount to much. My first thought was Jason Isringhousen, who's been respectable for the Mets this year.