GAME THREAD 7/20

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: GAME THREAD 7/20

man theo really got hosed on that speeeed reference on gonzo.. my grandmother is on second easily!@

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i agree roy...baptism by fire, they realized too much, too soon. gave tek more time to play and work with him. if he hadnt come around, theo would have had to make a mid season move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Meatloaf again.

http://youtu.be/TgK6dBefpu8

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Wow only 2 hits! good gm sox!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

can it be......1-2-3- drama free, non-save from paps?? yes it can!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good win, needed that. Miller solid. Like Remy said, after he got that DP his control improved. Could just be a confidence/experience issue for him. Needs to learn to trust his stuff maybe? Ellsbury "da bum", with two blasts, Papelbon dominant. +22 again. Price against whatshisname tonight in Tampa, matchup at least favors the Rays. Next: Hernandez against Lackey Friday. Sgt. Carter will definitely be called on for that one. Hope Pyle doesn't have a setback. Eeeek! Afternoon all...... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Make no mistake about it - that was an important win

Go home, get some rest w/ an off day at home.......get that rotation re-aligned.......more home games left than road games.........yankees and rays will beat up on each other.......things are looking really good, really good.

did I mention we may never see Drew again?!?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Fantastic outing by Miller, just what we needed. And nice stick by our orverrated center fielder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20:
    [QUOTE]Fantastic outing by Miller, just what we needed. And nice stick by our orverrated center fielder.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Me and the family been loving Ellsbury since the wore the 4-6.  He's the man now, Lloyd...and earning himself big money.  Do we want him patrolling someone else's CF for 10 years and torching the Sox game after game?  Not me.  Boras be damned!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : Me and the family been loving Ellsbury since the wore the 4-6.  He's the man now, Lloyd...and earning himself big money.  Do we want him patrolling someone else's CF for 10 years and torching the Sox game after game?  Not me.  Boras be damned!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Boras is a slime, but aren't all agents? After Jake's breakout performance in the '07 World Series, I envisioned him becoming a superstar. And he is, even if some can't see it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: GAME THREAD 7/20 : I think Tito has handled Salty perfect this year. He played him a lot initially to see if he could get in a groove with consistent playing time. When he struggled and looked overmatched, he backed off, let Salty regroup then has balanced him and Tek. You can't argue with what either of them are doing.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Well, SOME around here would find fault(s), but I agree.  Great production from the two, and the pitching staff keeps performing despite injuries.  Offense is a bonus!  I think these guys are gooing to keep it up for the remainder of the season, especially when Sept. call-ups give them some time to rest a little more later in games.