Game Thread 71: Red Sox at Orioles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Re: Game Thread 71: Red Sox at Orioles

This game is over.  Time to enjoy the rest of Father's Day.  Thank you Jon Worster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

even if the team is not hitting...can he please try and pitch good?

last 6 games...7.20era....1.86whip....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Time for this road trip to end. Day off Monday and bak at it Tuesday.  

Side item. 15 wins a month keeps you in the playoff hunt. Sox are ahead of that. During a 162 game season streaks will happen, good streak and bad streaks, Sox have had a couple of bad streaks this year and a bunch of good streaks.

It's all good.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I would like to wish john Francoma a happy shitehead day! Why would you give two of your best players a day off against your division rivals? You are dead from the neck up! Also for the ump at third base you blew two calls first foul ball double in favor of Machado a ball which never went into fair territory, and then again in favor of the runner who was hit with a ground ball while standing in fair territory without being on a base, and again it was Machado who should have been called out! To the rest of the fathers out there Happy Father's Day! to the third base umpire take a hike!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenchylfcnsox. Show tenchylfcnsox's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I would like to wish john Francoma a happy shitehead day! Why would you give two of your best players a day off against your division rivals? You are dead from the neck up! Also for the ump at third base you blew two calls first foul ball double in favor of Machado a ball which never went into fair territory, and then again in favor of the runner who was hit with a ground ball while standing in fair territory without being on a base, and again it was Machado who should have been called out! To the rest of the fathers out there Happy Father's Day! to the third base umpire take a hike!

You would be pissed if Pedroia was out of gas in August. He plays harder than anyone. Red Sox were about a foot away from a Nava 3R HR and we would have been winning. You do know you're trying to insult a division leading manager by comparing him to a 2 time world series winning manager? These guys are human,  they make mistakes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Okay, maybe Middelbrooks is coming out of it. He hit the ball better yesterday and today

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972SoxFan4eva. Show 1972SoxFan4eva's posts

I have no faith in John Lester anymore, he is complete crap lately
    When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back. ----Boston.com member since 2003----

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back. ----Boston.com member since 2003----

Ive never had faith in him. Ive been saying this about him since 2009.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 1972SoxFan4eva's comment:

This is the new John "Big Game" Losester. ERA hanging around 4.40 or so, maybe a little higher. Undependable. Routinely tosses a lemon when his team needs him to toss a gem. Its not really his fault that he stinks-he is trying, I will give him that. The Losester of 2008-2011 is no more. THIS is the new John Losester.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mjagger's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lester keeps saying he let the team down and must do better but I'm getting tired of hearing that.  Talk is cheap; I want to see him start winning games again and for him to cut the verbiage.  He must remember that results talks, BS walks.

After lester's pathetic performance today the new seeding on the SOX pitching staff is:

BUCHHOLZ

LACKEY

DEMPSTER

DOUBRONT

LESTER

If anyone wants to argue that lester isn't the worst starter on the staff, please bring it on.

Lester being the humble man he is would agree with you.

[/QUOTE]

The 2 worst starters on the team are the SOX's only lefty starters. That CAN'T be a good thing. 

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

[QUOTE]

Clearly

one of your dumber posts....and most your posts are dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, to suggest that Victorino was a better choice to start in RF is hard to fathom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Machado has 31 doubles so far this year.  That is crazy.  When is this guy a free agent?!?   LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

[QUOTE]

fair question but I have faith in Farrell.  Dustin is not the type of player who will tell when he needs a day off, and he is not the type of player who will go rusty with a day or two off.  As we just saw, we need to give Middy some playing time as well as Iggy.

[/QUOTE] Give Drew the day off if you want to get Middlebrooks into the lineup. The reason why no day off was needed they have monday off and it's only a 55 minute flight home from Baltimore. That would give every player on the team just about 48 hours off before they play again. I'm not hating on John, but you are playing the team you have to beat for the division lead and any hope of playoffs, you play your best players, and I don't think Gomes or Drew are your best players when your options are Victorino and Pedey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to tenchylfcnsox's comment:

[QUOTE]

You would be pissed if Pedroia was out of gas in August. He plays harder than anyone. Red Sox were about a foot away from a Nava 3R HR and we would have been winning. You do know you're trying to insult a division leading manager by comparing him to a 2 time world series winning manager? These guys are human,  they make mistakes.

[/QUOTE] I would expect Pedey to play every game where he is going to get time off due to the schedule anyways. Putting in Gomes for Victorino rocket science at it's best. I've watched baseball for quite awhile and claiming that I'm trying too compare John to Tippy in a literal sense is just wrong. Tippy had his run, but since 2008 he absolutely stunk the joint out with the same type of mind numbing moves as John used yesterday. Both Pedey and Victorino were going to get plenty of rest after the game, they have a simple 55 minute flight and then they are off until 4pm on Tuesday! As far as almost home runs are concerned "if the queen had balls, she would have been the king"! I never said they aren't human and I most assuredly realize that we are all human and that we are all prone to make mistakes!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

even if the team is not hitting...can he please try and pitch good?

last 6 games...7.20era....1.86whip....

John has completely lost his tempo! He's standing on the bump forever and over thinking his pitches. Also he's not finishing his pitches, when his delivery is out of whack these are the results you can expect. Too bad our real ACE Buchholz is injured! Time for some fresh arms! It might be time to see who is ready down on the farms. Maybe ranaudo whose whip is lower than anyone pitching on the Sox 25 man roster! Or they just call up Webster and hope he can handle it when the umps squeeze him again!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

fair question but I have faith in Farrell.  Dustin is not the type of player who will tell when he needs a day off, and he is not the type of player who will go rusty with a day or two off.  As we just saw, we need to give Middy some playing time as well as Iggy.

Give Drew the day off if you want to get Middlebrooks into the lineup. The reason why no day off was needed they have monday off and it's only a 55 minute flight home from Baltimore. That would give every player on the team just about 48 hours off before they play again. I'm not hating on John, but you are playing the team you have to beat for the division lead and any hope of playoffs, you play your best players, and I don't think Gomes or Drew are your best players when your options are Victorino and Pedey.

First you call him Francoma then you say he's dead from the neck up but your not hating on him lol.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts