Game Thread 75: Red Sox at Tigers

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: Game Thread 75: Red Sox at Tigers

In response to mjagger's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to klaus1954's comment:

Is Venice near LA? Do you know Pumpsie, Seabeachfred, and  DannyCater?

Yeah Venice is part of LA county but its by the beach.... I dont know where those guys live....Im orig from RI MA

Please don't take Pike serious; he's the main reason the game thread is thread-bare.

I really have no clue who he is nor to i give a shite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

This is the biggest moment managerial of the season thus far.  Farrel got to make a tough choice. A non players manager choice and demote his closer.  Up till now things have been pretty easy, things have pretty much gone his way. But now he's got to call it like it is and demote Bailey. 

In a few days he's got to do the same thing with Middlebrooks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

nice pitch "Full Pack".  I cannot believe we gave up Reddick for this clown. Nice trade Ben, real nice.

Didnt he also give up lowrie for that other bum who is no longer on the team?

That was Melancon who was positively rancid for us last year. So far we have gone through Melancon, Aceves, Hanrahan, and now Bailey. Glad Young Ben did not want to go the money on Papelbon and put his ideas into play.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

This is the biggest moment managerial of the season thus far.  Farrel got to make a tough choice. A non players manager choice and demote his closer.  Up till now things have been pretty easy, things have pretty much gone his way. But now he's got to call it like it is and demote Bailey. 

i agree...there is def no way he can stay with Bailey for sure...and iggy should be playing instead of Wm

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Go crawl back under your rock.

who?

Pike (who calls himself klaus now.) His 20th different moniker.

Got it ....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

GO BRUINS! 

And go SPURS!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell said on the post game interview he will make a move, at closer, possibly Miller. 

You may glory in a team triumphant......
    But you fall in love with a team in defeat

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Farrell said on the post game interview he will make a move, at closer. Asked who will take  Baileys place, possibly Miller. 

Way too late for my good.... i was yelling to take Bailey out right after he walked VM...you could just tell Bailey has absolutely no confidence....and why would you if neither of your two pitches is effective.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Farrell said on the post game interview he will make a move, at closer. Asked who will take  Baileys place, possibly Miller. 

Way too late for my good.... i was yelling to take Bailey out right after he walked VM...you could just tell Bailey has absolutely no confidence....and why would you if neither of your two pitches is effective.

Farrell basically inferred that, Venice.  Said Bailey needs to work on a few things. Tough loss, but may be a blessing in disquise. If he was up and down, it would be hard to make a decision and move. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Farrell basically inferred that, Venice.  Said Bailey needs to work on a few things. Tough loss, but may be a blessing in disquise. If he was up and down, it would be hard to make a decision and move. 

True... so its going to be Miller?  i like him but as we all know, he is prone to walking people and relievers cant do that and be effective especially closers.... Who do you think it should be JBAy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

True... so its going to be Miller?  i like him but as we all know, he is prone to walking people and relievers cant do that and be effective especially closers.... Who do you think it should be JBAy?

Millers ERA has been under 2, since April. Farrell was asked and mentioned Miller, as a possibilty but the staff would discuss it. Millers intimidating at 6'8, even more so on the mound. I'd give him a shot. He's got the mental makeup, for it also. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

Millers ERA has been under 2, since April. Farrell was asked and mentioned Miller, as a possibilty but the staff would discuss it. Millers intimidating at 6'8, even more so on the mound. I'd give him a shot. He's got the mental makeup, for it also

We know that how? 

Not saying he couldn't do it, but no one really knows.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

My God, how can't Ben or Farrel see the make up of this guy. It certainly the LACK thereof????? Hinestly, Middlebrooks has turned into a joke!!! How????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to proftom2's comment:

100% true, except that its not a tough choice at all. Its an easy choice. Baileybum stinks and needs to be eradicated from the team, and WMB needs a demotion to Pawtucket for a long long time. The Red Sox relievers stood at #11 of the 15 AL teams BEFORE tonite's all too predictable meltdown by Bailey. Its about to get even thinner as someone has to take his place and another warm body has to be added. Meanwhile, Lesster continues to stink and Buchholtz continues to break. The handwriting is on the wall folks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Go crawl back under your rock.

who?

Pike (who calls himself klaus now.) His 20th different moniker.

Got it ....

Pike is a mental disorder

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think Farrell has done a fine job so far. I must say that he has slipped somewhat lately. The continued rotation of Iglesias with Drew and Middlebrooks makes no sense. Iglesias should play every day until he shows that he does not deserve it. The continued use of Bailey is worse. I would say that very few fans had any confidence that Bailey could close tonight's game. An experienced guy like Farrell should not have had any confidence either. This was a major blunder , and it cost us the game. Let's just hope that there is not a carry over effect on the team. Our vaunted clubhouse chemistry will be put to the test because these kinds of losses can truly be demoralizing. Farrell has to use common sense and logic in making decisions as we go forward. Tonight was not at all surprising. I think most of us knew that Bailey would blow it. There is no reason that Farrell should not have. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Today is the 56th day of 2013 the Red Sox have been in first on their own. They spent 55 days in solo first in 2011.

Sections
Shortcuts